+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

translation of nikahnama in english

torontostar76

Oct 22, 2014
hello every one
i am going to sponsor my wife.she is in pakistan and we got married in pakistan
as nikahnama is in urdu,
do i need to translate it in english?
one more thing i need to explain that now pakistani (nadra govt authority) issue us marriage certificate ..which is already in english
i have already got it
but before submitting my application i want to be sure whether i need to translate nikah nama from urdu to english or not?
hope i ll get accurate answer from u experience ppl out there
waiting

Ad78

Star Member
May 31, 2020
1) Yes, you have to get it translated in English.

2) No need to explain anything about the NADRA marriage registration certificate that is in English. It says clearly on the document checklist page that it is not sufficient on its own. They are asking specifically for the other one.

https://ibb.co/7GDf0X0

torontostar76

Oct 22, 2014
1) Yes, you have to get it translated in English.

2) No need to explain anything about the NADRA marriage registration certificate that is in English. It says clearly on the document checklist page that it is not sufficient on its own. They are asking specifically for the other one.

https://ibb.co/7GDf0X0
thanx ad for ur reply and expert view..i ll surly get it and submitt within couple of days insha Allah

tar86

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Dubai
Hello,

I am from Azad Kashmir, and our Nikah Nama is only in Urdu. Nadra doesn't issue Marriage Certificate there in Azad Kashmir yet.

I checked with Union Council As well, they don't issue as Nadra didn't gave them access yet in AJK.

I have applied for outland sponsorship of my family and already submitted Urdu Nikha Nama translation with attested copy as well.

Now, IRRC has requested again to provide Nikah Nama and Nadra Marriage certificate.

What should I do?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am from Azad Kashmir, and our Nikah Nama is only in Urdu. Nadra doesn't issue Marriage Certificate there in Azad Kashmir yet.

I checked with Union Council As well, they don't issue as Nadra didn't gave them access yet in AJK.

I have applied for outland sponsorship of my family and already submitted Urdu Nikha Nama translation with attested copy as well.

Now, IRRC has requested again to provide Nikah Nama and Nadra Marriage certificate.

What should I do?
I would give them a letter of explanation.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, I'm thinking about that.
But, one letter I can get from Tehsil Mufti with his signature and stamp that my Nikah Nama and marriage is valid.

does it work?
Finger-crossed! Hope it work.