+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of lease?

Volcano

Jun 28, 2014
I'm sponsoring my American common-law wife for PR and we're in the process of gathering all the required documents. We've lived in China for the last 1.5 years and the lease is in Chinese. So my question is, for the certified + notarized translation, does it need to be a word-for-word translation? Or is a summary of the 'contract details' ok? The lease is 14 pages, and the bulk of it relates to things like payment+deposit terms, quality of furnishings before/after, etc.

Applicant7

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
London, United Kingdom
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-13
AOR Received.
19-12-13
File Transfer...
13-01-14
Med's Done....
29-08-13
Interview........
Exempt
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-14
LANDED..........
28-08-14
I sponsored my British partner while living in Germany (still here for another week) and dealt with the exact same thing. Our lease was 12 pages, and to get it all translated would have been a pain. We had the first page translated where all our details were given and the last that included our signatures and any caveats. We certainly did not want to deal with the expense of having it all translated. Talk to your certified translator (they must do a word for word translation in order to certify it) if they can just translate the sections applicable and very carefully and obviously show that they have translated specific sections (e.g. writing page 10, section 5).

I can only go by my experience, and we just received our COPR a couple of weeks ago, so there is that.

Hope I have helped.