+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation of documents - is affidavit mandatory?

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Hi,

I have the translated and notarized copy of my marriage certificate. But I do not have the "an affidavit from the person who completed the translation". I was wondering, if I have the notarized copy of the certificate with notary stamp, seal & signature do I still need to get the affidavit?

Waiting for your opinion.

thanks.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Better to get it. Dont know what will be the outcome if you dont include it. Its just a simple document on plain paper with his/her stamp, signature and declaration.

Though might not be important, but, if you are arranging for everything else, why leave this one out.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In addition to the Notary's seal and signature at least he should write or type "certified that I compared the original with this copy and it is genuine" - The wording can be different but almost similar meaning.

precious metals

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
snow_walker said:
Hi,

I have the translated and notarized copy of my marriage certificate. But I do not have the "an affidavit from the person who completed the translation". I was wondering, if I have the notarized copy of the certificate with notary stamp, seal & signature do I still need to get the affidavit?

Waiting for your opinion.

thanks.
Yeah, devilhimselff and Wilson are correct, just do as per instructions in OP6 manaul.

I also enclosed affidavit of translator with mine.

PM

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Hi guys,

Many thanks for your reply. I was wondering, can anyone PLEASE provide a sample of the affidavit?

thanks.

rafayet

Star Member
Jan 15, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-11-2014
Nomination.....
CC charged 21 January 2015, PER 12 February 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
07-04-2015
Med's Done....
11-04-2015
Passport Req..
27-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2015
Hi snow_walker here is a sample of affidavit

Affidavit of Translation

I, xxxxxxxxx, hereby certify that I am fluent in English and Bengali languages & I am competent to perform the translation. I have translated the document which is attached to this Affidavit.

I further certify that, the attached document is a true and complete translation of the original document from Bengali into English.

Phone:

Subscribed to and sworn before me at (city), (country) on 13th November 2011

Address:
Phone:

Reactions: caninfoseeker

Partho

Mar 23, 2019
Better to get it. Dont know what will be the outcome if you dont include it. Its just a simple document on plain paper with his/her stamp, signature and declaration.

Though might not be important, but, if you are arranging for everything else, why leave this one out.
will it be enough to get the affidavit on a "plain paper"? or it should be printed on non-judicial stamps?