Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
10-2017
LANDED..........
10-2017
I happen to find the cic website incredibly non user-friendly and it is hard to find the specific information I am searching for.
This includes their requirements of Translation of documents in any other language than English and French.

The information I have been able to find is the following:

CIC: "If it is not in English or French, it must be accompanied by:
• the English or French translation; and
• an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
• a certified photocopy of the original document. "

My questions
1.) The English language is broad. Does it have to be in American/Canadian English or can it be e.g. British English? Does it matter?
2.) It is my understanding that the entire application for PR is electronical, so why are they asking for a certified photocopy of the original? Isn't it as simple as to just scan the original document?
3.) Can I use a certified translator from my country? Or does it have to be with a Canadian embassy or a accredited translator in Canada?

Looking forward to your reply. Please help!
All the best

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
I don't think it matters if it's British/American/Canadian English as the difference is just some s's instead of z's and an additional u's in words like colour.

Boyfriend and I did raise this and wondered if the IELTS tests were based on things like the Canadian version of colour instead of color. Do they mark it as bad spelling? :p