+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Translation Affidavit /// Translation done by a Sworn/Accredited Translator outside Canada!

SD_1987

Mar 9, 2023
Hello Everyone,

For the CSQ application (which I submitted and still waiting to hear back from the Ministry), my documents were translated by A translator who is a member of a professional order as mentioned on the website:
If you will have your documents translated outside of Québec or Canada, only translations by the following will be accepted:
A translator who is a member of a professional order or authorized to act as such;

However, for the Federal part (in case my CSQ application gets approved), the Form Imm5690e (Documents Checklist - Permanent Residence - Provincial Nominee Class and Quebec Skilled Workers), mentions that in case the document is not in English or French, you must send it with:
  • the English or French translation and
  • an affidavit from the person who completed the translation and
  • a certified photocopy of the original document

I asked the translator in my hometown, who happens to be an accredited translator - but outside Canada, about the affidavit (which we did not provide for the CSQ Application); she mentioned that she's not familiar with such a request/document.

Have someone been in the same situation? if so, how did you manage to provide the affidavit? and it would be amazing if you can share with me a copy of it so I can ask the translator about the possibility to provide a similar one.