+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transitional jobs vs Survival jobs, nice article to read

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
http://canadianimmigrant.ca/work-and-education/alternatives-to-the-full-time-job-paradigm-search-strategies

ameet747

Jul 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Not Applicable
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
10-04-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
13-05-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
18-08-2015
emamabd said:
http://canadianimmigrant.ca/work-and-education/alternatives-to-the-full-time-job-paradigm-search-strategies
What a good piece to read! Extremely thought provoking and constructive.

cnu

Mar 20, 2013
What an excellent and inspiring post.

it touched some of dead/sleeping cells in my brain

marrgo

Aug 16, 2013
emamabd said:
canadianimmigrant.ca/work-and-education/alternatives-to-the-full-time-job-paradigm-search-strategies
that's exactly what I was telling some friends a few days ago. Immigrating is the perfect opportunity for a career change, especially if you're in your late 20s - early 30s

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
marrgo said:
that's exactly what I was telling some friends a few days ago. Immigrating is the perfect opportunity for a career change, especially if you're in your late 20s - early 30s
agree with you 8)

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
emamabd said:
Wonderful article...
The concept of job in Canada is different.
here, people shift careers very frequently and most of them are successful in it as well, where are in other countires), people only change jobs. They dont have the bigger perspective.

marrgo

Aug 16, 2013
sharat_joshi77 said:
Wonderful article...
here, people shift careers very frequently and most of them are successful in it as well, where are in other countires), people only change jobs. They dont have the bigger perspective.
I love having this to look for :))

maina

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2013
New Jersey
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER : 9-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2013
ameet747 said:
What a good piece to read! Extremely thought provoking and constructive.
agree

maina

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2013
New Jersey
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-May-2013 PER : 9-Aug-2013
AOR Received.
11-Oct-2013
sharat_joshi77 said:
Wonderful article...
well said

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Ketevan said:
It is interesting that both case stories depict career transformation, where people followed a completely different career path, from IT consultant to gardener. Scientists claim that humans survived many natural disasters because they are one of the most adaptable "animal". I believe the same applies to immigration - those who do not stick blindly to their previous career choices and wish to re-train eventually succeed. Moreover, we also forget that when first immigrants came to Canada/US, there were no fancy office blocks and job market. People just relied on their entrepreneurship and the ability to manage a small business. I believe that those of us who failed to find jobs in their field after about a year of job hunting, instead of begging for jobs and desperately seeking to get recognition from seemingly intellectual recruiters, we should be more open to dramatic change of career. As I could not find any application for my PhD in economics (by the way obtained in UK, in case you think it is from Papua New Guinea), I am browsing one-year vocational courses after stressful work days in call centres, with the long-term perspective of opening a small business. I am specifically thinking of opening a bakery. Let us show the self-proclaimed intellectuals sitting in HR and recycling our CVs on a daily business that we can be more successful.
Hi there,

Don't waste any of your money and time, but just try to survive for 4 or 5 yrs, get CA passport and then get the f--k out of Canada. That's what most smart people do or did in the past. I know so many people opening businesses here and losing all their savings & financial assets. You sound very naive. Very few businesses (only huge multi-national corporations & businesses) succeed here and so don't take a risk and do more damage to yourself.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
corazon3 said:
Hi there,

Don't waste any of your money and time, but just try to survive for 4 or 5 yrs, get CA passport and then get the f--k out of Canada. That's what most smart people do or did in the past. I know so many people opening businesses here and losing all their savings & financial assets. You sound very naive. Very few businesses (only huge multi-national corporations & businesses) succeed here and so don't take a risk and do more damage to yourself.
You sound very pessimistic, a person should try all possible ways "within one's own potential" ofcourse - before giving up and leaving...otherwise why to immigrate in the first place?? You wouldn't die "without" a canadian passport its not a necessity to
live....what if you get an RQ when you apply for citizenship - and your application kept dragging on for years? Is it worth it to
spend 6+ years of your life waiting for a passport -while you don't have access to meaningful employment and not willing to
take the risk of starting a small business?

So unless a person is willing to "try" different ways there's no sense in immigrating. I would feel good about myself - even
if i didn't succeed and left Canada - but had tried hard enough..