+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transition from OCWP to PGWP

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Hi everyone! Happy holidays!

I just completed all my degree requirements and have secured a full-time job offer starting on Jan 1, 2013. I am still holding my SP and WP valid till June 30, 2013.

I know that we are allowed to work FT with the OCWP while waiting for the PGWP during the 90-day transition period. My question is, when do they start counting the 90-day transition period? If I don't get my PGWP in time within the 90-day transition period, can I keep on working FT till I get my PGWP or till June 30, 2013, whichever comes earlier.

My understanding is that, while I can work FT during the 90-day transition period, I can keep on working even beyond that till the decision of my PGWP is made. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you very much.

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

MUSHROOMROOM said:
Hi everyone! Happy holidays!

I just completed all my degree requirements and have secured a full-time job offer starting on Jan 1, 2013. I am still holding my SP and WP valid till June 30, 2013.

I know that we are allowed to work FT with the OCWP while waiting for the PGWP during the 90-day transition period. My question is, when do they start counting the 90-day transition period? If I don't get my PGWP in time within the 90-day transition period, can I keep on working FT till I get my PGWP or till June 30, 2013, whichever comes earlier.

My understanding is that, while I can work FT during the 90-day transition period, I can keep on working even beyond that till the decision of my PGWP is made. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you very much.

1. 90 days counting start from the date you receive your letter/transcript from school.
2. You can work FT under implied status only up to June 30, 2013. OCWP is valid only up to the expiry of SP.

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Hi there! Thank you so much for replying :)

Just to clarify, while I am waiting for my PGWP, I can work FT all the way up till June 30, 2012 with my OCWP, right? Initially, I thought you could only work FT with OCWP for the 90-day transition period and that's it...

Thank you!

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

MUSHROOMROOM said:
Hi there! Thank you so much for replying :)

Just to clarify, while I am waiting for my PGWP, I can work FT all the way up till June 30, 2012 with my OCWP, right? Initially, I thought you could only work FT with OCWP for the 90-day transition period and that's it...

Thank you!

1. You can work full time (implied status) till June 30th, 2013, the expiry of study permit. OCWP is valid only up to the expiry of study permit.

MUSHROOMROOM

Star Member
Dec 25, 2012
Do I have to have my PGWP in progress in order to use my OCWP to work FT?
Lately, I haven't been able to submit my application ever since Dec 22th --> I guess they all go on vacay