+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit Visa Stamping: Passport received - under consideration for a week

Ericcccc

Nov 25, 2017
Hi guys!

I applied for transit visa online with a United States F1 visa and I send my passport to New York for stamping. Last Monday VAC status shows the passport is in visa office and under consideration. It has been a week now and the status has not been changed. I check old posts here and the processing time between "under consideration" and "approved" are usually shorter. Is it possible something went wrong?

And I need to fly through Canada on 24th. If the status still not updated on Monday(today), should I call them or try to cancel the application so at least I can get my passport back?

Thanks for any information!

hamid607

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Its advised to wait for passport with visa,
Even if you request for passport withdrawal, its gonna tame few days

Ericcccc

Nov 25, 2017
Its advised to wait for passport with visa,
Even if you request for passport withdrawal, its gonna tame few days
Thanks for your advice! My CIC status shows my application was just approved and closed. So it is very likely I can get my passport back on time.

I should be patient but the waiting process is really annoying lol

hamid607

Star Member
Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for your advice! My CIC status shows my application was just approved and closed. So it is very likely I can get my passport back on time.

You are lucky that you are waiting for few days for visa stamping. Many people in others forums are waiting for their decisions since many months due to background checks.
All The best and wish you receive your pp soon

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017

Congratulations and good luck

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Congratulations and good luck
My sister sent her passport for visa stamping on last monday i guess and so far tracker for returning the passport is not activated. i booked her on 22nd dec flight from YYZ to LHE and i guess she wont make it as things are so slow at the moment.

Ericcccc

Nov 25, 2017
My sister sent her passport for visa stamping on last monday i guess and so far tracker for returning the passport is not activated. i booked her on 22nd dec flight from YYZ to LHE and i guess she wont make it as things are so slow at the moment.
I also sent my passport last Monday. Now it is approved by CIC while my VAC status has not changed. I am hoping to see that VAC sent back my passport before Thursday. Do you think to call the VAC would help?

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
I also sent my passport last Monday. Now it is approved by CIC while my VAC status has not changed. I am hoping to see that VAC sent back my passport before Thursday. Do you think to call the VAC would help?
No, they have no influence.

Ericcccc

Nov 25, 2017
Mine changed to Application Processing Completed - In Transit to the VAC today.
Glad to hear that. Your passport should be sent out by tomorrow, I think. Mine was "In Transit" yesterday and was mailed out today at 7 pm. I'm surprised that they sent it back after their normal working time.
Anyway, good luck!

swj0605

Dec 1, 2017
Glad to hear that. Your passport should be sent out by tomorrow, I think. Mine was "In Transit" yesterday and was mailed out today at 7 pm. I'm surprised that they sent it back after their normal working time.
Anyway, good luck!
Oh, thank you! I hope so! Thank you so much.