+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit visa required when flying via USA as a Permanent Resident?

CanadianPR1

Star Member
Apr 12, 2010
Hello,
I would like to travel to India from Canada. Do I need transit visa if my flight goes via USA? I am a Canadian Permanent resident.

Thanks in advance.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
CanadianPR1 said:
Hello,
I would like to travel to India from Canada. Do I need transit visa if my flight goes via USA? I am a Canadian Permanent resident.

Thanks in advance.
Yes you need to apply for a transit visa.

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/transitvisa/c1visa.html

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
Apparently so, so try to get a direct flight, or bypass the USA. It's a hassle since the majority of international flights go via the USA.

If you were to mention where you are coming from, someone before you might have researched a better flight itinerary.

For example, from Costa Rica Air Canada flies directly to Toronto, not landing in the USA.

toxicair

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
Omg guys please help me with filling in my DS160 form for a USA transit visa! Please!
What do I put in where they ask for and address in the USA and contacts in the USA? Im only transiting..

SamimAryan

Sep 24, 2012
CanadianPR1 said:
Hello,

Thanks in advance.
You need a transit visa. I know it is stupid, Permanent Residents of US (which are called green card holder in the US) do not need a visa for Canada, they can come here and stay for 90 days, visa on arrival. However, Canadian Permanent Residents need a visa to even travel through US? FUCK THAT MAN....

tracy1296

Nov 14, 2013
I need help filling in the application . its asking for an address in the US.. I'm only transiting. please help me .. oh and also how long does that process take ?