+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transit visa required for Refugee travel document holders?

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone help please. I was denied boarding my flight to Thailand via Nanjing China cause i required a Chinese transit visa. My transit time was to be 7 hours at Nanjing airport. What options do i have now that i was denied my flight. The embassy could'nt give the correct information regarding this issue.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
It appears that your only option would be to get the proper visa to transit through China or to take a flight that doesn't transit through China. Be aware of what countries you will be travelling through and ensure you have the proper visas in hand before leaving on your trip.

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Can someone help please. I was denied boarding my flight to Thailand via Nanjing China cause i required a Chinese transit visa. My transit time was to be 7 hours at Nanjing airport. What options do i have now that i was denied my flight. The embassy could'nt give the correct information regarding this issue.
That’s strange that Airlines didn’t let you in. Which Airlines was that? I have traveled with RTD through China. My transit was in guangzhou. I had no problem whith my Airlines. And after landing in China i had arrival transit VISA. I was traveling to Malaysia last year.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That’s strange that Airlines didn’t let you in. Which Airlines was that? I have traveled with RTD through China. My transit was in guangzhou. I had no problem whith my Airlines. And after landing in China i had arrival transit VISA. I was traveling to Malaysia last year.
China Eastern Airlines. Yeah i was not allowed on the flight and lost round $1000 bucks. Yet they didn't produce any evidence that i required such visa.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It appears that your only option would be to get the proper visa to transit through China or to take a flight that doesn't transit through China. Be aware of what countries you will be travelling through and ensure you have the proper visas in hand before leaving on your trip.
I did research on that and there is nowhere it says that i require a transit visa if my transit time is less than 24 hours.

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Did you talk to the Airlines check in supervisor? They shouldn’t stop you there. I am goin Thailand on January with same Airline. I will let you knw man.

Here2help

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
Did you get the Visa for Thialand ?

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you talk to the Airlines check in supervisor? They shouldn’t stop you there. I am goin Thailand on January with same Airline. I will let you knw man.
Please do. I was stopped and now looking for an alternative. Keep us updated.

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was thinking of going with Cathay Pacific and was told i will require a transit visa for Hongkong.

Sana-umar

Dec 28, 2017
Hi guys I am planning to go malaysia in January 2018 with RTD which airline is good and not getting any problems in transit things. Thanks