Weyburn said:
My file transferred from,
Buffalo to Ottawa
Ottawa to buffalo
Buffalo to Seattle.

Is there any body in same situation?
:(
Thanks
If you mean is there anyone else who has had their file transferred to Seattle then yes, I'm in the same situation. I'm not sure how many of us there are however. Looks like it's another long wait for us....Seattle have got themselves a bad reputation unfortunately.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Weyburn said:
My file transferred from,
Buffalo to Ottawa
Ottawa to buffalo
Buffalo to Seattle.

Is there any body in same situation?
:(
Thanks
Also, are you living in BC? According to my rep, they transfer files sometimes because of location convenience. Seattle for instance is a hell of a lot closer to me than Buffalo.

Weyburn

Mar 29, 2012
Fenster said:
Also, are you living in BC? According to my rep, they transfer files sometimes because of location convenience. Seattle for instance is a hell of a lot closer to me than Buffalo.
I m living in Saskatchewan. Still Seattle is closer than buffalo for me.

My file got transfer on 26 march, How about you

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
Weyburn said:
I m living in Saskatchewan. Still Seattle is closer than buffalo for me.

My file got transfer on 26 march, How about you
I received the email around the start of April and am living in BC. I think they've transferred a few applications to Seattle recently. I'm not completely sure why. I went through a rep and he said that it was a location thing in my case. I think Sask28 is in a similar situation also (but i haven't seen much of him/her on here recently).

tiyen

Mar 7, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2011
Nomination.....
18-08-2010
AOR Received.
26-08-2011
File Transfer...
09-11-2011
Med's Request
26-08-2011
Med's Done....
06-09-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
07-07-2012
LANDED..........
20-07-2012
Fenster said:
My file got transferred to Seattle today. Timeline is on the left. Am I looking at another 4/5 months waiting? Also, if a PPR is issued, I'm living in BC so could I drive down to Seattle to sort everything out there?
If ppr requested and you have an American visa, you can do it in seattle. A friend of mine did that when he got his ppr and saved lots of time.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
tiyen said:
Fenster said:
My file got transferred to Seattle today. Timeline is on the left. Am I looking at another 4/5 months waiting? Also, if a PPR is issued, I'm living in BC so could I drive down to Seattle to sort everything out there?
If ppr requested and you have an American visa, you can do it in seattle. A friend of mine did that when he got his ppr and saved lots of time.
What do you mean exactly by American visa mate? Like an American passport?

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Fenster thanks for bringing up my name :):) I'm just more active on trackitt than on here. Yeah, I think it is going to be a long wait for some us. It just doesn't look like our journey to becoming Permanent Residence is going to reach the end yet. At least a small group of us are in the same boat now, so hopefully we will all get our PPRs at some point.

My file was transferred from Buffalo to Seattle on 1st March. But I also want to say that it might not be true that files are sent to Seattle because of the location being near. They could also have transferred our files to LA they did not. There have been applicants from Alberta and Manitoba whose files were kept in Buffalo and they received their PPRs. I just hope there isn't a reason to worry why some of us have our files transferred to Seattle.
But that whole 90 days period before we can make an inquiry just sucks!

We just have to hope that other applicants whose files were transferred to Seattle will also join this thread.

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Fenster said:
What do you mean exactly by American visa mate? Like an American passport?
It means that if you have an American tourist visa issued in your passport then you can just cross the border by car to have your PR visa issued at the Seattle office.

sukhdeep

May 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13 Dec. 2010
AOR Received.
11 july 2011
File Transfer...
Seattle 26 oct 2011
Med's Request
11 july 2011
Med's Done....
13 july 2011
Waiting waiting waiting.........

Transferred to Seattle almost 6 month no any news yet.

It is so frustrating...

winxcharles

Oct 10, 2011
same here... mine was transferred to seattle oct. 5, 2011... in my e-cas, they started processing my paper last march 9, 2012..........

so frustrating.....my husband is still in singapore and i'm here in canada for 3years and 9 months now...........

i dunno why LA is so fast in processing the paper that was transferred there while our papers ARE SLEEPING IN SEATTLE!!!!!! :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
sask28 said:
Hey Fenster thanks for bringing up my name :):) I'm just more active on trackitt than on here. Yeah, I think it is going to be a long wait for some us. It just doesn't look like our journey to becoming Permanent Residence is going to reach the end yet. At least a small group of us are in the same boat now, so hopefully we will all get our PPRs at some point.

My file was transferred from Buffalo to Seattle on 1st March. But I also want to say that it might not be true that files are sent to Seattle because of the location being near. They could also have transferred our files to LA they did not. There have been applicants from Alberta and Manitoba whose files were kept in Buffalo and they received their PPRs. I just hope there isn't a reason to worry why some of us have our files transferred to Seattle.
But that whole 90 days period before we can make an inquiry just sucks!

We just have to hope that other applicants whose files were transferred to Seattle will also join this thread.
I genuinely don't think it is a reason to worry that they got transferred. The 90 day thing is a pain for us although I went through a rep so I can't make any enquiries even if I wanted to.

As you say though, there are a group of us waiting now and we can take comfort from that. Have we seen any successful applicants yet from Seattle? So we can use their timelines as a reference?

vman

May 28, 2010
Letting you guys know I got my passport papers back today. It was within the three week that they quoted (including a few days on each end for the deliveries).

So to summarize

nov. 2010 application sent to Buffalo
May/June 2011 medicals done
October 2011 File transfer seattle
March 2012 passport request
April 2012 passport papers back.

Fenster

Star Member
Dec 24, 2010
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Seattle
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
File Transfer...
04-04-12
Med's Request
Oct 2011
Med's Done....
Oct 2011
Passport Req..
27-08-12
vman said:
Letting you guys know I got my passport papers back today. It was within the three week that they quoted (including a few days on each end for the deliveries).

So to summarize

nov. 2010 application sent to Buffalo
May/June 2011 medicals done
October 2011 File transfer seattle
March 2012 passport request
April 2012 passport papers back.
Congrats. Long process for you. Hopefully it goes a bit quicker for us. Did you just send a photocopy of your passport?

sask28

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Glad to know you got your passport papers back, but wow, it took Seattle five months to send you a PPR quest. Your file was transferred to Seattle in October 2011 and only in March 2012 did you receive the PPR. Now I am very nervous that the rest of us are also going to be like this.