+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer PR file from Canada to India

urvishmehta92

Star Member
May 9, 2021
Hello guys,
My application has been canceled for TRV. Only way I can go to Canada is through PR,Now my PR was approved for inside Canada but I am in India now. Will they transfer file from Canada to India? Has anyone done it?

Timeline:
Aug 2020: PR application
Feb11 : Applied for TRV on PGWP
March23 : Received COPR
April 1: PR status reversed as not present in Canada, Asked me to come to Canada on TRV
July18th : PGWP expired
Aug 11th : TRV application cancelled as my status is PR.

I think I need to request IRCC to issue new COPR with travel visa. Has anyone done this or know anything like this?

Message from IRCC for TRV:

"This is in reference to your application for a temporary resident visa.
The Temporary Resident Unit of the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa (CPC-O) only processes temporary resident visa applications from foreign nationals currently holding valid temporary resident status in Canada (i.e. work or study permit).
According to our records, you became a permanent resident of Canada on 2021/03/24. Consequently, our office is unable to process your application for a temporary resident visa.
You are eligible to receive a refund of your processing fees for this application. Our financial office has been notified; please be patient as this procedure may take several weeks.
Your file has now been closed and no processing will take place."

Thanks in advance!