+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer from Fleming college to another college

vishuetc

Star Member
Aug 25, 2012
I'm currently in the first semester of Fleming college studying Wireless Information Networking (2 years) .... I am planning to take a transfer in another college who has a 1 year course ... Is it possible to transfer after 1st semester ? What is the process of transfer ? Also is it easy to get PR (Ontario) even after 1 yr program as 1 yr program has only 1 yr work permit or we can still extend our stay on the basis of work visa ?

Need help on these matters !!!!

tiger007

Champion Member
vishuetc said:
I'm currently in the first semester of Fleming college studying Wireless Information Networking (2 years) .... I am planning to take a transfer in another college who has a 1 year course ... Is it possible to transfer after 1st semester ? What is the process of transfer ? Also is it easy to get PR (Ontario) even after 1 yr program as 1 yr program has only 1 yr work permit or we can still extend our stay on the basis of work visa ?

Hi,
According to official CIC rules:
As a post-secondary student
You may change your school, program and/or field of study without applying for a new study permit. You do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either. You may continue to use your study permit as long as it is valid.
If you are changing your level of study (e.g., bachelor's to master's), you do not need to apply for a change to the condition of your study permit, either.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=487&t=15

Usually, you need to 1st take admission to the new course you are changing to, show the offer letter of new course to your present college/university, and officially withdraw from your present course.

For PR under Ontario PNP, after pursuing any post secondary course (other than Master's and Phd), you MUST secure a skilled full time job offer(NOC O,A, or B) which is "Pre-approved". There are host of conditions attached to the "pre-approved" job offer in ontario. To know more about Ontario PNP's International student with job offer stream (for post graduate students with PGWP other than Master's and PHD), visit the official Ontario opportunities website:
http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS.html#_job
If you can fulfill the conditions and get a pre approved skilled job offer in Ontario, You will be eligible for direct nomination (without need to work for certain number of months) and hence direct PR after nomination.. and so..1 year PGWP will be enough..PROVIDED you can find a skilled pre-approved job offer with an Ontario based employer.

Best of Luck

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishuetc said:

why are u changing d clg..is d clg nt good or any other specific reason.....

im$

Jul 9, 2012
Hi vishuetc
If you don't mind could you please tell me y want to change the college and want to do one year course instead of 2years wireless networking , could u plz plz the share me the exact reason , I'm asking this ? As u r in the most advantaged situation of being in Canada nd u r in the real time situation , if it is something personal u can send me private message

tiger007

Champion Member
kaur randhay said:
@ tiger007-what is meant by pre approved job?
Hi,

To know more in general about Ontario PNP for international graduates with job offer stream see: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_JOB.html

Pre-approved job offer means that the employers must meet certain eligibelity criteria, before offering the skilled job to an interntaional student. They must meet the eligbelity citeria and apply with Ontraio govt., take clearence...that the job is approved... and only then the international students doing such pre-approved skileld jobs, can be eligble for nomination directly under Ontario PNP intenrtaional students with job offer stream. Here's the eligibelity criteria for Ontraio based employers: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPFORMS.html --- On this page, open the pdf broucher called EMPLOYERS.

So, in Ontraio.. not just finding any skilled job... but international students must bag a pre-approved skilled job, to be eligble for Ontraio PNP nomination under intenrtaional students with job offer stream.

**All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

shebaby

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,

To know more in general about Ontario PNP for international graduates with job offer stream see: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPSTUDENTS_JOB.html

Pre-approved job offer means that the employers must meet certain eligibelity criteria, before offering the skilled job to an interntaional student. They must meet the eligbelity citeria and apply with Ontraio govt., take clearence...that the job is approved... and only then the international students doing such pre-approved skileld jobs, can be eligble for nomination directly under Ontario PNP intenrtaional students with job offer stream. Here's the eligibelity criteria for Ontraio based employers: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPFORMS.html --- On this page, open the pdf broucher called EMPLOYERS.

So, in Ontraio.. not just finding any skilled job... but international students must bag a pre-approved skilled job, to be eligble for Ontraio PNP nomination under intenrtaional students with job offer stAll opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too[/b]
Thanks for the clarification tiger, what i want to ask is can one get the Pr from other provinces without so much problems

tiger007

Champion Member
shebaby said:
Thanks for the clarification tiger, what i want to ask is can one get the Pr from other provinces without so much problems
Hi,

There are various other student immigration programmes for international students completing a course of atleast 2 semesters(2 terms/1 acd. year/8 months of actual study) from any Canadian recognized educational institutes and then working on PGWP. Immigration programmes for international students include the federal govt. programme called the CEC or other provincial programmes or PNPs.

To know more about various student immigration programmes visit the official sites and later posts on this thread (page 3 of this thread), where I've briefly tried to give gist of each PNPs:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too

shebaby

Star Member
Nov 22, 2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,

There are various other student immigration programmes for students for international students completing a course of atleast 2 semesters(2 terms/1 acd. year/8 months of actual study)form any Canadian recognized educational institutes and then working on PGWP. Immigration programmes for international students include the federal govt. programme called the CEC or other provincial programmes or PNPs.

To know more about various student immigration programmes visit the official sites and later posts on this thread (page 3 of this thread), where I've briefly tried to give gist of each PNPs:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/various-immigration-programmes-for-international-students-in-canada-t100908.0.html

***All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too
thanks tiger. i just read it on the website, thanks a bunch

aman_293

May 28, 2013
For ppl who have idea about Fleming college..& Mr Tiger Admin

I got offer for 1 year Wireless networking at Humber and 2 year Wireless Info Netw. at Fleming college. With consideration of location, length of program and academic reputation, which of the 2 options you suggests me to go for. I have heard consultants referring for doing 1 year networking program and than joining some other course like Project Management in progression to be eligible for 3 years work permit. I am not sure going with this as it may dilute the profile with 2 one year courses as Project management has nothing to do with Networking.

So I wanted to know..which is better from career perspective:
2 year WIN
1 year WIN and 1 year Project Management

Kindly help. Appreciate your response.

Thanks in advance..

vir03

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
vishuetc said:

I got admission in the same course you have mentioned? Bro why you want to transfer? Plz share what is the problem over there in fleming? Should i go for fleming or not? Plz tell me as soon as possible ..I am from india-gujarat. Plz share your views...

your information can certainly going to help me.