+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transfer file to canadian consulate in india

pr_seeker

Mar 25, 2009
I applied for canada pr from US. The visa office has asked me to come for an interview. But my project is over and I need to leave for india. Does any one know if it is possible for me to transfer my file to a canadian consulate in india.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

pr_seeker said:
I applied for canada pr from US. The visa office has asked me to come for an interview. But my project is over and I need to leave for india. Does any one know if it is possible for me to transfer my file to a canadian consulate in india.
You can request, but at this stage it is unlikely that Buffalo will transfer the file. If you are unable to attend the interview, they will make their decision based on the information on file. Which in most cases results in a refusal.

PMM

pr_seeker

Mar 25, 2009
Is it possible for me to ask them to prepone the interview by a few weeks so that I can take the interview before I leave for india

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
Preponing request for Interview. Believe it is possible but you need to explain the circumstances.
Regarding transfer of file to India, you are required to notify change of address to your current CHC office ie Buffalo. They will transfer the file to India based on the new address.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

babutv2000 said:
Preponing request for Interview. Believe it is possible but you need to explain the circumstances.
Regarding transfer of file to India, you are required to notify change of address to your current CHC office ie Buffalo. They will transfer the file to India based on the new address.
No they won't you have to specifically request that the file be transferred to New Delhi.

PMM

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
pr_seeker said:
Is it possible for me to ask them to prepone the interview by a few weeks so that I can take the interview before I leave for india
Sounds like a no brainer, just stay until your interview and then leave, you may have to overstay a little bit but this is the solution at this stage of the application. Remember, once approve, you need to send your passports back here in US to affix visa and it is illegal from India to send a passport from mail, you need to find someone who can bring the passport here and get the visa affixed.

With that said, you may have to stay until the visa is affixed.

rsennat

May 29, 2009
Since this is based on applying PR in Buffalo office, I would like to ask this..

1. how long does it take to process the file from the time of application to get the visa (assuming e'thing goes smoothly).
2. and how long does it take to get the visa after attending the interview
3. is interview held for almost all applicants in buffalo (any idea)?

the reason why i'm asking this is, i'm planning to give the buffalo visa office to process my visa when i'm in US before going back to india. and if needed for the interview/visa stamping i can come back to US on a valid visit visa.

please clarify me. also would like to know abt the processing times in india with the new procedures of sending it to CIO, sydney.

Thanks

Josh

Nov 16, 2009
No over-staying is really a foolish idea according to me. I am sure there are ways to do it without breaking any law, sure it would not be easy and straight forward but its possible. Over staying will definitely cause problems in the long run.

Why don't you apply for a B1/B2 visa in the US showing the interview request letter from the Canadian embassy and stay until your passport gets stamped.