+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts in a sealed envelope a must?

pranvayu

Sep 6, 2010
Hi,

I have requested my Uni to post trascripts in a sealed envelope but haven't received them yet. Upon checking with them thrice, I was told they have already posted it a month ago and I should have received them by now. If I make a fresh application for issuance of another set of transcripts it will take additional month or longer. The problem is I'm living in another city now and unable to visit my home town too often.

I have the original Degree Cert, Marksheets and original transcripts that are signed and stamped but not in a sealed envelope.

Rest all documents are ready and I don't want to waste time requesting sealed trascripts least the 1000 quota and cap for my NOC gets filled up.

Do you think I could submit my transcripts without them being in a university sealed envelope?

Please advise.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
may I know the university name

Make a call to the head of dept, explain the situation and request him to send by speed post they would be of help

pranvayu

Sep 6, 2010
Hi Mate,

It's Gujarat University. I have spoken with everyone possible but they are very lethargic and most times I spend hours on the phone being transferred from one desk to another. My last conversation was where they flatly refused to do anything and asked me to make a fresh application only.

the problem according to them is that since my year of passing was in 94, the records are not ready availbleon line and they have to souce the file, and prepare the letter which takes time. I'm assured that it will take them 1 week to find the document, 1 week to prepare the transcripts and then post but I can't wait 2 weeks or longer.

Also, they require the application to be made in person and I can't go there as presently as out of town. I went there initially and tried in vain to get it all sorted immediately but they have "processes" to follow.

I am thinking of taking a risk and placing the transcripts in that I already have. Fingers crossed that immigration offer understands.

What do you suggest?

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Few ways now

Send a email and speed post to University VC and Head of Examination (registrar office). Explain the situation (why you need you , what happend when you applied, urgency of matter, your follow up with their team. Please seek for help & do not blame anyone otherwise you may land up in an argument situation. After sending email call the PA of both of them they would listen and help.

send another copy of your attasted marksheets with speed post request

When you say that they have dispatched it last month, I am sure they have a copy in their records. Now they need not to search your records once again. The process would be fast.

If you can not go send some one else.

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Hi Pranav...I live overseas and studied in Mumbai Uni, those dueche bags dont have online service not entertained my call, I dont have relatives in india to help me. SO I did a covering letter to say that in my application. I do have old transcript which I sent in original...

pranvayu

Sep 6, 2010
Hi Pun,

Thanks for your input and believe me I've tried everything possible. I also got a local influence to help expediate the matter but things didn't work out properly. I can try your tactics but no one can guarantee that I will get this solved soon.

I'm apprehension is that my NOC will get filled up soon. I have already come across numerous application on this forum alone and am of the opinion that instead of wasting time on waiting for the original, sealed, transcripts which may take a week or longer, to just apply now. I have everything else ready.

It's a risk I'm taking by not submitting the transcripts in a "sealed" envelope but this risk is less compared to waiting for the original transcripts to come in say a week or two later and then to wait wihtout knowing if my application is within the 1000 quota or not?

Catch 22 situation for me. Two risks involved, which one is greater and which one is less?

What would you suggest mate?

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you have decided to take risk I would only say that send the notorised copies and explain the matter to CIO.

I heard CIO is more strict and give zero chance to explain the situation at later stage

pranvayu

Sep 6, 2010
Hi Pun,

Thanks for your help and fingers crossed the explanation letter suffices. I will nevertheless still keep after the transcripts and if they come in later, would it be possible for me to send to the officer for review? I can explain the situation in the explanation letter that the sealed envelope to followf. Is it acceptable to submit docs like this at later stage?

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
30 aug new VO Check list mentions that you can not send additional documents till the time you are asked for.

Take your own decision

canada121

Apr 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/08/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Dear pranvayu,

Just go there yourself with a set of original docs & another set of copies of the same.
Reason with them, make them understand. They just have to put these copies in an University envelope & seal it. (You can even paste the envelope)
Send this envelope with your file.

If they don't do it, write a letter requesting the University official for the transcripts. Ask them to refuse it in writing.
If they do, send that refusal to CIO (with an explanation letter)

If this also fails, send a set of all the documents that you have (graduation marksheets of all years, migration certificates, any ID proof(s) of college, Transfer Certificate, Examination Entrance Card etc.) with a cover letter, expaining all of them, along with your degrees.
It will sufficiently prove that you actually did study there & your degree is authentic. (I did the same)

Good Luck!

pranvayu

Sep 6, 2010
Dear all,

Thanks so much for the suggestions and advise. I have decided to make the trip to the Uni and get it sorted once and for all. I like the suggestion of taking my original transcripts and getting it sealed by them if all else fails.

Kudos to all again for the overwhelming support. This forum rocks and I'm glad to have found it.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are going to University with your original mark sheet and asking them to seal in envelop,

Then why not take photocopy along and ask them to attest /verify and put stamp. also seal them in a envelop, it is more then 100% what you need

pranvayu

Sep 6, 2010
Hi Pun,

The problem is that since my year of graduation is 1994, they can't attest that the "original" are still genuine. They want to be able to check against their own records only.

I tried the same thing during my initial visit but they maintained that they have to check their records to ensrue that the details are correct. I reckon they are correct in doing so as it's possible to come up with an "original" marksheet or transcripts but they should verify that it's genuine.

I'm hoping to be able to use some influence and end up infront of the right person and to explain my case and see what can be done legally and in line with their policy. If they can quickly verify my records and seal the envelope with my original transcripts then perfect or else I'll be dropping another post here asking for your help and guidance.

Wish me luck mate.

Cheers.

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
I did the SAME ;D also

If this also fails, send a set of all the documents that you have (graduation marksheets of all years, migration certificates, any ID proof(s) of college, Transfer Certificate, Examination Entrance Card etc.) with a cover letter, expaining all of them, along with your degrees.
It will sufficiently prove that you actually did study there & your degree is authentic. (I did the same)

Good Luck!
[/quote]