+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Transcripts from Mumbai University

RishiPatel

Jul 10, 2013
Hi,

Here is the process which should be similar for most colleges.

First you have to approach the respective college from where you received graduation or post-graduation degrees who will ask you to fill a form or submit a letter requesting transcripts. They will also need a copy of all your mark sheets and originals (for verification only). After paying the fees which is about Rs1000/- they will ask you to come by in a week to collect the transcripts. While collecting the transcripts they will ask you whether you want to take it in sealed envelopes or not. The choice is yours. Generally you will get 3-5 copies but it depends college to college.

Once you take the transcripts from your colleges you then have to approach the Student Welfare Center, situated next to Sydenham College. Go to the 1st floor and submit your copies of transcripts (open one sealed envelope to make a copy), certificates and mark sheets along with an envelope. You will be asked to fill a form and asked to come at a certain date (usually 4 weeks). Please carry your original mark sheets, certificates and transcripts. You will get your sealed envelope on the scheduled date.

Hope this helps and clears out any doubts.

Regards,
Rishi

can_immi_79

Aug 16, 2013
Hi guys,

I'm applying for canada fswp immigration through through an agent.

The agent said that the transcripts need to be acquired for all marksheets and convocation certificate.
he said that mumbai uni charges 1200 'per marksheet' which means for mca 6 sems 1200x6=7200 + 1200 for degree certificate i.e. 8400 in total!!

is that correct or is he trying to cheat me? i would really appreciate if anyone could help out with info

thanks!

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
He is cheating u.

If u have not paid him anything, apply urself

can_immi_79 said:
Hi guys,

I'm applying for canada fswp immigration through through an agent.

The agent said that the transcripts need to be acquired for all marksheets and convocation certificate.
he said that mumbai uni charges 1200 'per marksheet' which means for mca 6 sems 1200x6=7200 + 1200 for degree certificate i.e. 8400 in total!!

is that correct or is he trying to cheat me? i would really appreciate if anyone could help out with info

thanks!

PCJ

May 3, 2014
I have only 1 question? Wes is asking for photocopies of all original marksheets then y everybdy is also getting the trsnscript from college? Wats the use? Pls clarify where to put this transcripts?

WES12

May 8, 2014
Hi everyone,

I know this is an old post. I have a similar problem and was hoping to get some info.

I am a BE (engg) from Mumbai university. I have to get my marksheets attested for submission to WES.

1) Which campus/office do I need to go to , to get this done and what are the fees.

2) 4 exams were held by Mumbai university and rest 4 by the college. Can I get the college exam marksheets attested by university.

3) Visited the kalina campus and they said that the assessment form is to be filled by the college principal, and then they will sign/seal. Is this the case??

Thanks.

Mayur553

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PCJ said:
I have only 1 question? Wes is asking for photocopies of all original marksheets then y everybdy is also getting the trsnscript from college? Wats the use? Pls clarify where to put this transcripts?
I have a Similar question... WES says "You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested and dated by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar's Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and have the envelope returned to you to forward to WES." I understand Registrar's office would be any Notary office. And does official sealed envelope means... Official sealed envelope of the University....

Mayur553

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RishiPatel said:
Hi,

First you have to approach the respective college from where you received graduation or post-graduation degrees who will ask you to fill a form or submit a letter requesting transcripts. They will also need a copy of all your mark sheets and originals (for verification only). After paying the fees which is about Rs1000/- they will ask you to come by in a week to collect the transcripts. While collecting the transcripts they will ask you whether you want to take it in sealed envelopes or not. The choice is yours. Generally you will get 3-5 copies but it depends college to college.

Once you take the transcripts from your colleges you then have to approach the Student Welfare Center, situated next to Sydenham College. Go to the 1st floor and submit your copies of transcripts (open one sealed envelope to make a copy), certificates and mark sheets along with an envelope. You will be asked to fill a form and asked to come at a certain date (usually 4 weeks). Please carry your original mark sheets, certificates and transcripts. You will get your sealed envelope on the scheduled date.

Regards,
Rishi
Hi do you need to submit 1st year and 2nd year marksheet attestation from college or anything else??

Also for 3 year do we submit the marksheet and the degree certificate??

Also, can anyone let me know do we need to translate the Degree certificate if yes do we translate first and then get it attested?

I also have a query related to SSC and HSC marksheet do we submit a copy of it or get the transcripts attested by the Board of MAharashtra??

I am confused as to what is to be submitted... if someone can provide a list of documents which one sent for ECA then it would be really helpful.

Mayur553

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone???? Please help i am going to my college this Saturday and dont wanna miss out any documents. Please help with SSC and HSC documents as well.

aajd

May 21, 2014
Need some help,

I have applied for document verification at the Examination House at Kalina Campus. They verified the 1st, 2nd and 3rd year mark sheets (MHRDM - NMIMS) against the originals and took only the 3rd year mark sheet for verification stamp. They charged us Rs 1500 per copy (tatkal - 10 working days) as against 750 per copy within 4 weeks, for the process and will give it to us in a sealed and stamped envelope with the option of addressing it to WES (in our case) or to ourselves.

I would like to know, in what way is this different from the process or verification at the Student Welfare dept next to sydneham?

Is it that the stamp here is of the Registrar and in Churchgate is that of the Chancellor?

Anyones opinion or help is greatly appreciated ...

Arnie

RishiPatel said:
Hi,

Regards,
Rishi

pinkeshthakker

Jul 26, 2014
shibuya said:
The answer Sapana put regarding University transcripts of Mumbai University is absolutely RIGHT. I had been there in Sept 2009 and faced the same problem. Later on my college charged me a few bucks and gave the same in college envelope sealed. It worked fine for me.

Regards,
Shibuya
I have similar kind of situation I need your help urgently can you please help me is that fine with WES that if we put the sealed transcript college envelop in university envelop seal?

Please help it would really help me.

thanks in advance!

saurabhnama

Aug 26, 2014
Hi,

I have done

1) Master of Science from NTU Singapore
2) Bachelors of Engineering , KJ Somaiya , Mumbai

Do I need to go through hassle of getting my marksheets attested or should I simply send MS transcripts to WES and copies of BE certificates?

It is not clear on WES website.

Thanks

Singh0886

Nov 5, 2014
Hello Experts,

I'm planning to apply for Canada PR in 2015. Can anybody please let me know what is the procedure to get a transcript from Mumbai University. I've heard it takes lots of time and people just keep wandering Kalina to Fort, Marine drive and their College for every single step.

Had anybody faced similar problem? it would be very helpful if anybody could provide a proper guidance.

Thanks!!

YogitaDR

Oct 8, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
10-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015,TLU:02-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-07-2015,DM: 17-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
10-02-2016
Singh0886 said:
Hello Experts,

I'm planning to apply for Canada PR in 2015. Can anybody please let me know what is the procedure to get a transcript from Mumbai University. I've heard it takes lots of time and people just keep wandering Kalina to Fort, Marine drive and their College for every single step.

Had anybody faced similar problem? it would be very helpful if anybody could provide a proper guidance.

Thanks!!
You need to go to Mumbai University, Churchgate (B Rd, Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020

022 2204 2897). Take two sets of zerox of all marksheets and degree certificate and a big envelope. i guess u need to fill out a form as well. One copy the university office guys will keep for reference and other set they will attest and seal in envelope with stamp of University. Its a time consuming procedure. Try to take out some contacts and convince those guys to issue it early.

YogitaDR

Oct 8, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2014
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
Med's Request
10-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015,TLU:02-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-07-2015,DM: 17-07-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2015
LANDED..........
10-02-2016
YogitaDR said:
You need to go to Mumbai University, Churchgate (B Rd, Churchgate, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400020

022 2204 2897). Take two sets of zerox of all marksheets and degree certificate and a big envelope. i guess u need to fill out a form as well. One copy the university office guys will keep for reference and other set they will attest and seal in envelope with stamp of University. Its a time consuming procedure. Try to take out some contacts and convince those guys to issue it early.
Sorry forgot to add this. Please get the transcripts from your college as well. You need two sets of zerox of transcripts, all sem marksheets and degree certificate.

prseeker

Star Member
Jul 10, 2010
Is there a transcript evaluator that will accept transcripts in sealed envelopes? I do not think university of mumbai will send transcripts directly to the evaluator. Also I am currently in US and it is not possible for me to get them to send transcripts to the evaluator. Please advise. Thanks.