+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traffic Case

Apr 25, 2019
If your PCC contains no record of this, then you may be okay.

Be aware that there are two kinds of questions asked about criminal records: one that asks if you have ever been convicted and one that asks if you've ever been charged. Do not lie if you are asked if you have ever been charged.

Additionally, become a better driver. I have no time for people who drive without due care and attention.
Sure. Thanks!

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Additionally, I don't know the answer to your second question - if Canada does a background check on you (which it does) and Bangladesh reports that you had a conviction for dangerous driving, then they will know, and if you did not declare this on any visa application, then you will have an issue.

So really, the issue is whether or your PCC will be accurate. You've said you're obtaining it properly, and the record is not on your PCC. In that case, a background check should not show it either. However, if there is, in any way, something you're doing that would remove the conviction from a PCC but the conviction would still appear in a background check, then you will have an issue.

Apr 25, 2019
Obviously i took the PCC in a legitimate manner. As i have already travelled to many countries before. I know how serious these things are. I can never ever think of doing something fraud which will have lifelong consequences. Its just that may be i was overthinking with the charges. May be it was not a criminal one. Thats why it didnt show up in the PCC.

Apr 25, 2019
i would just like to point out that if anyone has only one driving offence in his past record then they should give them one fair chance instead of refusing them. We are all humans and we might commit mistakes. This situation would have been better handle by making it harder for the accused to secure driving license in Canada or increasing the insurance amount.

This is my view on it. What u hav to say?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
i would just like to point out that if anyone has only one driving offence in his past record then they should give them one fair chance instead of refusing them. We are all humans and we might commit mistakes. This situation would have been better handle by making it harder for the accused to secure driving license in Canada or increasing the insurance amount.

Our views don’t matter. Canadian law matters. And the Immigration Act treats certain kinds of offences very seriously.

If you have a clean PCC don’t worry about it.

Reactions: Travelabroad2019

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada

That's your view, but it is not the law. You have no right to enter Canada, and Canada does not admit criminals.

Here's my view: when you are driving a car dangerously, you are armed with a many thousand kilogram weapon, and you're aiming it at anyone and you don't care. Doing this should render you inadmissible to Canada.

Why should Canada admit criminals just to give them another chance to aim a weapon at innocent people?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Obviously i took the PCC in a legitimate manner. As i have already travelled to many countries before. I know how serious these things are. I can never ever think of doing something fraud which will have lifelong consequences. Its just that may be i was overthinking with the charges. May be it was not a criminal one. Thats why it didnt show up in the PCC.
If it is not in your PCC I hope it is not in a background check. Canada treats these things as if they were charged in Canada. If it is only a minor offence in Bangladesh, that doesn't change the fact that it is criminal in Canada. A clean PCC indicates that it would not show up, but for your sake, I hope Bangladesh does not disclose it to Canada.

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
It's pretty simple. Whether it shows up on a PCC has no bearing on whether you should declare it. You always must, because the statutory questions specifically ask about a criminal charge or conviction in any country.

Do not try to interpret the seriousness of the charge/conviction yourself. They will do it in a manner consistent with Canadian law. All you have to do is answer the relevant statutory questions truthfully and honestly, and give them the details and relevant documentation about what happened.

If you are found inadmissible, it will be the result of a fair assessment. Good luck!

Reactions: k.h.p.