+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Traffic Case

Apr 25, 2019
Hello Everyone

I am in a very confusing state. Actually i applied for Canada TRV in July 2018 and got approved. Now i am applying for PR. I had one rash driving case in Jan 2018 but no accident was involved. I didnt knew until now that i was charged under criminal offence back then. I already paid the fine then. The case is already closed.

I am getting my PCC with no mention of that incident. What if they do background check and get to know about it? I answered no to the convictions qstn in TRV application as i thought it was minor traffic offence. What should i do now ?

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Yeah, that's not a "minor" traffic offence.

Were you charged and fined under the provincial Highway Traffic Act or the Criminal Code?

Dangerous driving can definitely render you criminally inadmissible.

Apr 25, 2019
Yeah, that's not a "minor" traffic offence.

Were you charged and fined under the provincial Highway Traffic Act or the Criminal Code?

Dangerous driving can definitely render you criminally inadmissible.
Fine was paid but no arrest was made. Under Criminal code

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello Everyone

I am in a very confusing state. Actually i applied for Canada TRV in July 2018 and got approved. Now i am applying for PR. I had one rash driving case in Jan 2018 but no accident was involved. I didnt knew until now that i was charged under criminal offence back then. I already paid the fine then. The case is already closed.

I am getting my PCC with no mention of that incident. What if they do background check and get to know about it? I answered no to the convictions qstn in TRV application as i thought it was minor traffic offence. What should i do now ?
When you say you are "getting a PCC with no mention" do you mean you're trying to get a fake PCC, or paying to get this removed from your PCC?

Or did you apply for a PCC in the regular fashion and you got it with no criminal history?

If the latter, then it's not such a major issue since this may not have been treated as a criminal offense. Were you arrested? Charged? Did you appear in court?

If, however, you are somehow "managing" a clean PCC, then yes, you need to be very worried. A background check can very well catch you and render you inadmissible for life.

Reactions: k.h.p.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
Fine was paid but no arrest was made. Under Criminal code
Doesn't matter if an arrest was made. If you were found guilty and fined, then you have a criminal record.

Unless, like @21Goose says above, you're somehow getting a fake PCC. But be aware that IRCC can easily cross-reference your background with the RCMP's criminal records system.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
So, to confirm: you had this charge and fine in Canada or elsewhere?

If it happened in Canada, you are most likely criminally inadmissible.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
If your PCC contains no record of this, then you may be okay.

Be aware that there are two kinds of questions asked about criminal records: one that asks if you have ever been convicted and one that asks if you've ever been charged. Do not lie if you are asked if you have ever been charged.

Additionally, become a better driver. I have no time for people who drive without due care and attention.

Reactions: Mr_Chang