15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
29-Mar-2012 Nomination Extn: 28-Sep-2012
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
07-Oct-2013 & 20-Feb-2014
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
ranaway said:
Got the PPR this morning after I send two emails to Ottawa concerns my application. I attached a "screen cut" of the ECAS shows "decision made" on the last email. Then it comes in 4 days. I did not get the attched biodata form. But I found something online. Hope that's the right one. Anyways, plan to send my passport today. Good luck folks, hope you guys are all getting PPR soon!!
Hey ranaway,

That's great news buddy. Congratulations to you. Enjoy your weekend.

Regarding the biodata format, if you want I will send you the one which I got from Kavy earlier. You may just check it if it's the one and same...let me know.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

ranaway

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, ns/ ottawa ov
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nov 15, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 25, 2013
File Transfer...
May 8, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 6, 2013
Interview........
in process on April 16, 2013....Decsion Made on June 28, 2013.
Passport Req..
Aug 2ed, 2013
Thank you very much, Sarayu. I did find the form online. I just mailed my passport to Ottawa. Hope nothing goes wrong anymore. Thanks. Ranaway.

sarayu said:
Hey ranaway,

That's great news buddy. Congratulations to you. Enjoy your weekend.

Regarding the biodata format, if you want I will send you the one which I got from Kavy earlier. You may just check it if it's the one and same...let me know.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

surial

Star Member
Dec 8, 2012
Dubai - united arab emirates
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2012 to CIO after nomination
Nomination.....
16-10-2012
AOR Received.
15-01-2013 from CIO
IELTS Request
already sent with PR package
Med's Request
24-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
23-11-2013
surial said:
Hi Sarayu,

I came to know that there is strike action taking by all
Visa officers on cic website.. This is realy bad for us i think

Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application online as far in advance as possible. Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.

Here is the strike statement;

26 July 2013 - Statement by the Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers: PAFSO Responds to
Government's Rejection of Arbitration Shortly before noon today, PAFSO received a letter from the President of the Treasury Board in which he rejected
our offer of binding arbitration. Minister Clement's decision was based on the grounds that PAFSO would not
accept all six of the preconditions he wanted to impose on the arbitration process. The Canadian public must understand two key facts: Two of Treasury Board's preconditions were so paralyzing that their acceptance would have predetermined the
outcome of arbitration in the Government's favour and negated the purpose and integrity of the process.
Specifically, they wanted to exclude from consideration any mention of other professional groups in government
who perform the same work as us – often in neighbouring offices – which has been at the heart of our position
since day one. PAFSO made a reasonable and responsible effort at finding common ground by accepting two of the six
preconditions, and committing to a goodwill gesture – a suspension of service withdrawals while arbitration is
ongoing – which would have satisfied a third. Let us be clear: PAFSO has not rejected binding arbitration. We offered it in the first place. We agreed to pursue it
even with three of Treasury Board's preconditions. This offer still stands. If Minister Clement truly believes his offer is “fair and reasonable”, he would not have shied away from
arbitration without preconditions. Rather, he would have welcomed the opportunity to submit his offer to
independent scrutiny. Instead, he sought to stack the deck in his favour by cherry-picking criteria which would
have favoured Treasury Board's position. He is trying to tilt the playing field to the Government's advantage, and
is clearly uninterested in a fair contest. The Government has reached tentative agreements in two other long-outstanding contract negotiations during
the last month, and will return to the table on Monday to address a third. PAFSO is one of the smallest unions in
the federal government. Equal pay for our members could be achieved for $4.2 million – 1.5% of the impact this
strike is having on the tourism sector alone. PAFSO can only conclude that the Government is behaving
prejudicially toward the Foreign Service and is therefore negotiating in bad faith. This should be of serious
concern to all Canadians. Effective Monday, in order to persuade the Government that binding arbitration remains the responsible way
forward to resolve our dispute, PAFSO members will withdraw all services until further notice at Canada's fifteen
largest visa processing centres abroad: Abu Dhabi, Ankara, Beijing, Cairo, Delhi/Chandigarh, Hong Kong, London,
Manila, Mexico City, Moscow, Paris, Riyadh, Sao Paulo, and Shanghai. We take no pleasure whatsoever in these strike actions and their real, severe, and mounting effects on the
Canadian economy. But it should now be evident to all Canadians that from this point forward the Government
of Canada bears sole and complete responsibility for these impacts. PAFSO has made every reasonable effort to
resolve this situation; the Government has not. PAFSO encourages all individuals, businesses, and industry
associations with a stake in the outcome of our dispute to intervene with the Government and urge them to
bargain freely and flexibly with their own employees.

AnL

Star Member
Jan 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2-11-12
AOR Received.
31-12-12
Med's Request
1-16-13
Med's Done....
2-2-13/5-2-13
Peter11 said:
Hello Folks,
How my Landing went:

Started from home for Niagara Falls and Highway was not at all busy due to Weekday. Reached Lewiston bridge, Niagara falls in about an hour. There was a big traffic pile up to USA.

US Border Experience ::
Reached the Border Docket and was greeted by a Indian origin Border Security officer. Seeing fellow Indian, She started asking all sort of weird questions, which doesn't make sense to me. Why you got H1B visa in 2005, Why you never came to US on H1B, Who was you employer and sorts. I told these questions are irrelevant now as i never came to US on H1B, why she needs info on this. After 15 minutes of stupid questioning, she asked us to go inside the Building. There the officer took our Passports and told us to wait. After 30 minutes he came to us and asked us to bring your car and guided us to take a U turn and handed me a Refusal slip(Refusal slip is not going to reflect wrongly on your US visa history).

Canada Border Experience :
They have a new Building here and there was no wait. Officer called us, took our Passports and told us to wait. After 15 minutes he called us Back, we signed COPR and Officer Congratulated us on becoming Canadian Permanent Residents. He didn't asked for any additional docs like Bank statement, paystubs or job letter.

And here we are >> RELAXED, EMOTIONAL, THANKFUL TO WAHEGURU....

Just Checked-in at Marriott Fall view for an overnight stay!!! Enjoying with my Kids and Wife.

AGAIN THANK you ALL & BEST OF LUCK ...

Regards...
A Canadian Permanent Resident
congratulations peter and family... wish you all the best in your new life in canada...

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
25-Jan-2013 ECAS "Med Rec": 21-Mar-2013 In Process: 05-Sep-2013 Decision Made: 05-Oct-2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
surial said:
Hi Sarayu,

I came to know that there is strike action taking by all
Visa officers on cic website.. This is realy bad for us i think

Alert – Strike Action

The Professional Association of Foreign Service Officers (PAFSO) union is currently taking strike action. PAFSO union members responsible for processing visa applications have been walking out of offices in Canada and overseas.

Posted processing times for both temporary and permanent resident visa applications do not take into account work stoppages.

Anyone applying for a visa should anticipate delays and submit their application online as far in advance as possible. Electronic applications give CIC much more flexibility in moving case processing to offices with the capacity to handle them.

Contingency plans are already in place to ensure all offices remain open and are providing at least a minimum level of service. Priority will be placed on urgent humanitarian applications.

CIC continues to closely monitor the situation.
Hi Surial,

I have contacted my representative on strike and he replied me like this.

In regards to the strike, we know that among the offices where diplomats have done walkouts, CPP-Ottawa is not among them. There may still be processing consequences, or extra pressure resulting in delays but it is difficult to say.

Sarayu.

applyvisa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
Folks, I finally with the grace of God received my passports today. They are stamped with the VISA. I finally got the Maple Leaf on my passport. A big thanks to all of you for your support and guidance. Just hang in there guys.......everyone will get their VISA in time. I had got Decision Made on 26th May and received PPR on 28th May. I submitted the passports to NDVO on 3rd June and received them on 3rd August.

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
applyvisa said:
Folks, I finally with the grace of God received my passports today. They are stamped with the VISA. I finally got the Maple Leaf on my passport. A big thanks to all of you for your support and guidance. Just hang in there guys.......everyone will get their VISA in time. I had got Decision Made on 26th May and received PPR on 28th May. I submitted the passports to NDVO on 3rd June and received them on 3rd August.
Hi applyvisa,

Congrats buddy. Can you please let us know more about your time line?

Did NDVO take exactly 2 months just to stamp your visa and send your PP back to you?...Don't know why they need so much time just for stamping.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

james0011

Star Member
May 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
cpp-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys!

I have a very unusual question.

Currently i am in canada and my concern is that i have made some mistake while applying for pr. And they will catch it if they review my GCMS notes or caips. Notes.

But its very clearly given in an OP manual that they are to be reviewed 100% for a citizenship application but i cant find the same for pnp applicants or other pr applicants from outside canada.

Please share if any info on the subject!

Regards

James

applyvisa

Star Member
Apr 16, 2010
sarayu said:
Hi applyvisa,

Congrats buddy. Can you please let us know more about your time line?

Did NDVO take exactly 2 months just to stamp your visa and send your PP back to you?...Don't know why they need so much time just for stamping.

Thanks,
Sarayu.
Thanks Sarayu,

I am sure your application will also come through soon. Wish you all the best. My timeline is exactly like I have mentioned. I had sent my passports on 3rd June. However in my case the Decision Made had appeared earlier and then they requested for the passports. It is strange but true that they took 2 months to stamp my passports and send it back. Received them today via registered email at my residence.

My case was transferred by NDVO to Colombo in April. After that Colombo office did all the processing and in the end they asked me to send my passport to Delhi office for stamping. I have seen a few other people on the forum whose file was transferred to Colombo just like mine. I think visa offices are sharing work in order to complete the processing faster.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
sarayu said:
Hi Surial,

I have contacted my representative on strike and he replied me like this.

In regards to the strike, we know that among the offices where diplomats have done walkouts, CPP-Ottawa is not among them. There may still be processing consequences, or extra pressure resulting in delays but it is difficult to say.

Sarayu.
But it is also true that LAST ppr is on July04 to KATILDA.Since then no news from any of us.

Just I read that in October Batch Snehagupta12us received PPR on August01.

So we can hope our files will be processed at the appropriate time and STRIKE will not hinder our Immigration Process.
My medical was done on 24-02-2013 and status IN PROCESS was on 25-04-2013.
I am eagerly awaiting for some news.

Let all of us pray for Faster Processing for all of us.

DingdongAmandy

Star Member
Oct 31, 2012
Laguna
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
November 2011
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
October 2012
Med's Done....
November 2012
Passport Req..
March 11, 2013, PP received by CEM March 19
VISA ISSUED...
April 10
LANDED..........
coming soon at your favorite cinemas

ksoalka

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
02-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
15-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
23-Mar-2013
Med's Request
20-Jan-2013
Passport Req..
01-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
LANDED..........
01-12-2013
Hi guys,

Please add me to your timeline

Province / Territory: NS (PNP) in Canada
Canadian Visa Office: Ottawa, Canada
Applied for Provincial Nomination: 15 Sep 2012
Provincial Nomination Received: 02 Nov 2012
Application Sent to Visa Office (CIO-Sydney): 17 Nov 2012
AOR Received Date: 19 Nov 2012
Medicals Requested: 20 Jan 2013
Medicals Sent: 03 Feb 2013
File Transferred to Local Consulate: 23 Mar 2013
Documents Requested: 18 Jun 2013 (updated history and RPRF)
Documents Sent: 24 Jun 2013

still no news....

Application Status: in process

Thanks!

sarayu

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-Nov-2012
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
13-Jan-2013
Med's Request
16-Jan-2013
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
20-Feb-2014
LANDED..........
10-Mar-2014
ksoalka said:
Hi guys,

Please add me to your timeline

Province / Territory: NS (PNP) in Canada
Canadian Visa Office: Ottawa, Canada
Applied for Provincial Nomination: 15 Sep 2012
Provincial Nomination Received: 02 Nov 2012
Application Sent to Visa Office (CIO-Sydney): 17 Nov 2012
AOR Received Date: 19 Nov 2012
Medicals Requested: 20 Jan 2013
Medicals Sent: 03 Feb 2013
File Transferred to Local Consulate: 23 Mar 2013
Documents Requested: 18 Jun 2013 (updated history and RPRF)
Documents Sent: 24 Jun 2013

still no news....

Application Status: in process

Thanks!
Hi ksoalka,

Thanks for sharing your time lines. I have added you to Nov track sheet. I see that you sent your application to CIO, Nova Scotia on 17 Nov 2012 and got your AOR on 19 Nov 2012. That means you got your AOR just in 2 days? Please clarify on this.

Also, please let me know the date when your file went "In Process" if you remember.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

ranaway

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
sydney, ns/ ottawa ov
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
nov 15, 2012
AOR Received.
Jan 25, 2013
File Transfer...
May 8, 2013
Med's Request
Feb 3, 2013
Med's Done....
Mar 6, 2013
Interview........
in process on April 16, 2013....Decsion Made on June 28, 2013.
Passport Req..
Aug 2ed, 2013
I got my PPR Aug 2ed. So believe it's coming!

dadaum said:
But it is also true that LAST ppr is on July04 to KATILDA.Since then no news from any of us.

Just I read that in October Batch Snehagupta12us received PPR on August01.

So we can hope our files will be processed at the appropriate time and STRIKE will not hinder our Immigration Process.
My medical was done on 24-02-2013 and status IN PROCESS was on 25-04-2013.
I am eagerly awaiting for some news.

Let all of us pray for Faster Processing for all of us.

ksoalka

Mar 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
02-Nov-2012
AOR Received.
15-Jan-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
23-Mar-2013
Med's Request
20-Jan-2013
Passport Req..
01-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2013
LANDED..........
01-12-2013
sarayu said:
Hi ksoalka,

Thanks for sharing your time lines. I have added you to Nov track sheet. I see that you sent your application to CIO, Nova Scotia on 17 Nov 2012 and got your AOR on 19 Nov 2012. That means you got your AOR just in 2 days? Please clarify on this.

Also, please let me know the date when your file went "In Process" if you remember.

Good luck.

Thanks,
Sarayu.

Dear Sarayu,
Thanks for adding me!
Oops sorry, misprinted! I got my AOR on Jan 15th 2013.

Here is my ECAS:

We received your application for permanent residence on November 19, 2012.

We started processing your application on March 4, 2013.

Medical results have been received.

And BEST OF LUCK!!!
Ksoalka