+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tracking CanadaPost Xpresspost Envelopes(stupid question)

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Hi Guys,

This may be very stupid question ,but still going to ask ...as my consultant says about xpresspost envelopes

Please be advised that Canada Post does not offer tracking services; therefore, the above tracking numbers will only be accessible once the package has reached its intended destination.

Is it correct, then whats point of tracking ...

Tracking number is 13 character like PG*** *** *** CA

So can anyone tell me is there any way I can track it ...

Regards,

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Try entering it into the Canada Post website, http://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/track/personal/findByTrackNumber?execution=e1s1

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
letstry21 said:
Hi Guys,

This may be very stupid question ,but still going to ask ...as my consultant says about xpresspost envelopes

Please be advised that Canada Post does not offer tracking services; therefore, the above tracking numbers will only be accessible once the package has reached its intended destination.

Is it correct, then whats point of tracking ...

Tracking number is 13 character like PG*** *** *** CA

So can anyone tell me is there any way I can track it ...

Regards,
OK first off once it's been activated you can track it, all the way through. For me the return Express Post was activated at night (5 days after I sent my passport) and I received it the day after, I could see accepted, out for delivery and delivered, all in three different times.
My tracking numbers were 11 characters, it does not really matter though. They are usually 11 or 13, here is a link for breaking it down: http://bit.ly/1s6L56W

Secondly your question was not stupid, I had the same question 2 weeks ago but instead of posting it here I found my answer on their website. (The link above)

Good luck and happy landing mate!

letstry21

Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
RCMP request 10-May-2014
AOR Received.
08-Dec-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Got Medical Instructions on 08-Jul after mail to CPP
Med's Done....
10-Jul-2014 (Uploaded 15-Jul-2014)
Passport Req..
25-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-Sep-2014(Initially passport was returned back due to Damaged passport so got reissued and send again)
LANDED..........
28-Sep-2014
Thanks for the reply.

Actually they mailed passport today and link is not showing anything right now for that ,so not sure when i will see the progress on that.

Actually when I send something thru Canadapost postoffice then immediately after sending the post ,I can see it in tracking but not this one which is send by my consultant ....they mailed today afternoon.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
letstry21 said:
Thanks for the reply.

Actually they mailed passport today and link is not showing anything right now for that ,so not sure when i will see the progress on that.

Actually when I send something thru Canadapost postoffice then immediately after sending the post ,I can see it in tracking but not this one which is send by my consultant ....they mailed today afternoon.
I'm not sure how your consultant goes about this. But basically Monday was a civic holiday and Canada Post will start processing the received items by tomorrow. So just wait and see what happens.
I thought you are waiting for your passport to get back to you. But apparently you're waiting for the passport to get delivered to Ottawa.
This means you ought to have 2 trackings then, one for tracking it to Ottawa and one to tracking it back.

Then again I don't know how you go about this with your consultant, but all I can say is just stay patient. You'll be done in a week or so.

Congrats in advance.

new_guy

Nov 14, 2013
Brampton
Hey all...

I have a question:

Consultant sent my Fiancee's passport on July 28th and gave us a tracking number. When I track it on Canada post website it says:

Unfortunately, the number you entered is not in our tracking system.

is it because the tracker has not been activated yet or the tracking number is incorrect?

Thank you in advance.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
new_guy said:
Hey all...

I have a question:

Consultant sent my Fiancee's passport on July 28th and gave us a tracking number. When I track it on Canada post website it says:

Unfortunately, the number you entered is not in our tracking system.

is it because the tracker has not been activated yet or the tracking number is incorrect?

Thank you in advance.
It can be both.

There is no way to know for certain. When the number is activated (sent) then, if correct, it changes to other tracking status.

ali_manu

Star Member
May 16, 2011
Hello every one.

I am an applicant in province of Quebec for PR.
I have a problem and I will appreciate to receive your guide, if having similar experience

I received my PPR earlier December and immediately after sent my PP (with a return pack and PPR letter) to CPC-Ottawa (PO box address) using xpresspost. Since almost 8 days ago, I received no update regarding delivery of my package, every time I check track history online. The track history shows "out for delivery" without further update.

Every time I call Canada post customer service, I receive inconclusive response like "......Your pack has been, in fact, delivered we as of PO box, we cannot provide you further update" or "We can do nothing about your pack, someone from CPC should come and pick up your pack".

Does any body have a similar case? Is there a chance the CPC does not receive the packs sent to its PO Box address? How long should I expect to receive confirmation of delivery (if any shows up)?

Cheers