vera0428

Star Member
Apr 3, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
KiniXie said:
sorry, I don't know about it. where you wanna travel?
It's ok. I'll just ask my friend to send it to me. thanks.

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
after lots of hesitation i called cic again today. they said it was shipped today... hopefully will get it by friday... fingers crossed

1106tina

Nov 15, 2016
how do you guys check the status? I called CIC and the agent just told me the average processing time. I really want to go back to see my grandma this month. She is sick and she is keeping asking when I'm going back to celebrate the traditional new year with her. I will feel so bad if i cannot keep my promise.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1106tina said:
how do you guys check the status? I called CIC and the agent just told me the average processing time. I really want to go back to see my grandma this month. She is sick and she is keeping asking when I'm going back to celebrate the traditional new year with her. I will feel so bad if i cannot keep my promise.
Sorry to hear about your grandma, but I doubt there's anything you can do about expediting a first-time PR card. It looks like you landed just last month, so you'll get your PR card by next month. Agents will only give the status if it's exceeded the processing times.

Your options are:
1. Apply for a PRTD in your home country
2. Have someone in Canada courier the PR card to you in your home country
3. Enter via a land border with your COPR, but this requires a valid US visa
4. If you already have a TRV, you might also be board a flight to Canada based on this, but this is not an official solution

1106tina

Nov 15, 2016
bellaluna said:
Sorry to hear about your grandma, but I doubt there's anything you can do about expediting a first-time PR card. It looks like you landed just last month, so you'll get your PR card by next month. Agents will only give the status if it's exceeded the processing times.

Your options are:
1. Apply for a PRTD in your home country
2. Have someone in Canada courier the PR card to you in your home country
3. Enter via a land border with your COPR, but this requires a valid US visa
4. If you already have a TRV, you might also be board a flight to Canada based on this, but this is not an official solution
Thank you so much bellaluna. I will look into the options you posted. Thank you!!

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
1106tina said:
PRTD is the best option. look into cic.gc.ca and look for all the forms and documents needed for PRTD application along with visa office to apply in the country you are visiting. on return to canada with PRTD officer will ask why you did not wait for your PR Card and you can explain your situation. there shouldn't be any problem.

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
KiniXie said:
They might have shipped out on Friday, 6th Jan.
Last tuesday when I callled they said it was in production. today they said it was shipped today morning. I should get it this week whether it was shipped on friday or today :) spoke to canada post outlet and they said it takes 3 business days to get it from Sydney.

vikrant1603

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
Thanks KiniXie
I had called them on last wednesdsy but they said its under processing....but thanks for updating me for the status of your room mate....will call them tomorrow....

KiniXie said:
My roommate called on Friday, his card went into production on Friday. Your card might also in production. You can call them on Wednesday, as you will finish 58 days processing time on Wed,

vinitmenon

Nov 1, 2012
rajdeep192000 said:
I landed 12 November... Called today ... They said the card is under production...I have to wait 2 more weeks to get the card
you might get it next week. call on monday noon again and they will say it was sent..

anonGym

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Landed nov 11 and called today they said card is under production... my spouse landed with me but her application is still "in process"