+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Total years of skilled work experience - Issue please help

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
I have total of 9.03 Years (Company 1 - 6.08 and Company 2 - 2.07 (current company)) of experience in Software Testing.

But in CRS calculator for the question: -

"ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)."

I can give only "3 years or more".

Points for above question: Foreign work experience - A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50

So is it OK if I give Job experience letter of Company 1 - 6.08 years of experience to get 50 points ?

OR I should also show the experience of the Current company with 2.07 years of experience, Total 9.03 years?

It is difficult to get Job experience letter form Current Company.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have total of 9.03 Years (Company 1 - 6.08 and Company 2 - 2.07 (current company)) of experience in Software Testing.

"ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)."

Points for above question: Foreign work experience - A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 50

So is it OK if I give Job experience letter of Company 1 - 6.08 years of experience to get 50 points ?

OR I should also show the experience of the Current company with 2.07 years of experience, Total 9.03 years?

The work experience from Company 1 is sufficient.

blackh0le

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
To get max points for foreign work experience, number of years of experience is 5 years or 6 years?

How many points will i will get if the total years of experience in my noc is 5 years 10 months?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To get max points for foreign work experience, number of years of experience is 5 years or 6 years?

How many points will i will get if the total years of experience in my noc is 5 years 10 months?
3 years for maximum CRS points. 6 years for maximum points under the six selection factors for eligibility purposes.

Your question isn't clear as to which of the two you are referring to.

blackh0le

Star Member
Oct 30, 2017
Oh. I dint know there was such difference. Can you elaborate on both?

I mean if 3 years is needed for max crs poipoi then whats the 6 years all about? What selection factors?

Last edited:

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017

Please help

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Thanks for the reply.

Current company Job experience letter is not required? Won't they think that I am unemployed for 2.07 years?
You will only provide reference letter for the jobs you are claiming points for.

In the e-APR, there is a Personal History, where you will enter all activities in the last 10 years, including unemployment, so your current employment will go to this section.

Reactions: Kumar2017

Kumar2017

Star Member
Feb 22, 2017
You will only provide reference letter for the jobs you are claiming points for.

In the e-APR, there is a Personal History, where you will enter all activities in the last 10 years, including unemployment, so your current employment will go to this section.

Thanks for the reply,

Reactions: iamxty

cyrilcb11

Jul 30, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......

I had the same question and these replies made me more confused so I called IRCC and waited 35 min to talk to an agent. He said the answer is straight forward it's the total number of experience! If you worked 1 year Canada, then the total # is 1 not 0!! but if you worked 2 years overseas and 1 year in Canada then the total is 3. You can verify yourself with an IRCC agent.