Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-01-2014
I passed my test today on Nov 6th 2013 and my oath is scheduled on 15th Nov 2013 at mississauga office

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
casalim said:
I passed my test today on Nov 6th 2013 and my oath is scheduled on 15th Nov 2013 at mississauga office
Wow! That is quite fast! Congratulations! :)

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
Can anyone give comments on my brother's timeline,
the ecas shows;

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 16, 2012.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 16, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on November 13, 2012.

Thanks in advance :D

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Vats said:
Can anyone give comments on my brother's timeline,
the ecas shows;

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 16, 2012.
2. We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 16, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
3. We started processing your application on November 13, 2012.

Thanks in advance :D
My guess is your brother will have his test before me. I am May 2012 applicants too and my file was in process from January 2013. My file was transferred to local office in April and now it is at a different office. The only reason for transfer between offices - as I like to think is for faster processing but considering the office my application was sent to I do not expect it any earlier (as it is considered one of the slowest offices).

You brother might want to call CIC and find out what is the status of his application since he won't see the transfer info online. I do not know about your brother but I am starting to worry about my application, as it is too long to wait for test with no RQ.

Good luck!

Vats

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2012
thanks
can you please provide CIC contact details to enquire
thanks

Yolka said:
My guess is your brother will have his test before me. I am May 2012 applicants too and my file was in process from January 2013. My file was transferred to local office in April and now it is at a different office. The only reason for transfer between offices - as I like to think is for faster processing but considering the office my application was sent to I do not expect it any earlier (as it is considered one of the slowest offices).

You brother might want to call CIC and find out what is the status of his application since he won't see the transfer info online. I do not know about your brother but I am starting to worry about my application, as it is too long to wait for test with no RQ.

Good luck!

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Vats said:
thanks
can you please provide CIC contact details to enquire
thanks
no problem, you can call at 1 888 242 2100 (you can use this number only within Canada not from outside) . Your brother should call in person as the agent will ask lots of questions re his identity before giving him the details of the application (his client ID number, birth, addresses, tel, etc... )

Please update us after you find out more about your brother's application.

sonnyv6

Oct 1, 2013
Hi,
I had my Citizenship Test on November 8th, 2013 in the Mississauga Test Center. Passed 20/20, post test interview was also very smooth but still........................got an RQ. :mad:. I have to furnish a bunch of T4s, Notice of assessments, Bank Account details, lease agreements etc., (fortunately I have all) which is an unnecessary pain.
and that would bring a lot of delay.

farrous13 said:
Great :)
Hope you get the oath the same day!

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
sonnyv6 said:
Hi,
I had my Citizenship Test on November 8th, 2013 in the Mississauga Test Center. Passed 20/20, post test interview was also very smooth but still........................got an RQ. :mad:. I have to furnish a bunch of T4s, Notice of assessments, Bank Account details, lease agreements etc., (fortunately I have all) which is an unnecessary pain.
and that would bring a lot of delay.
Hi, that is not fair. Do you know what could be the possible reasons that triggered it?

MBK2

May 2, 2013
This is my sister's timeline. Anybody have a similar timeline? How long would you think till the test date? I estimated May 2015 ish...? Oh, we are in Downtown Toronto, but applications are processed in Scarb. (I know cuz my test/oath was in Scab too)

This is what E-cas says for her case:

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 9, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 9, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 1, 2013.

sonnyv6

Oct 1, 2013
Thanks SUIN, for your concern.
I am trying to get all things done & sent to them by tomorrow. So far I seem to have all the eveidence they are asking for.

It is very strange, but the interview was very good. The agent, a lady congratulated us for getting a 100% on the exam, asked questions about where I worked etc. & checked/compared all entry exit records I had mentioned on my application with the ones in my passport. I saw she had put a check mark against all of them. She also said the interview was very satisfactory and then handed me the RQ. When I asked why,which I did very politely, she brushed it off saying its a normal 5 page document and if all info was put, it was part of routine procedure. the situation at that time is such that you cant ask too many question or have a prolonged conversation.

what I think is: I became a PR in August 08. But I didnt want to remain here without a job and leave the one I had back home. I went back home on August 19, 2008 & subscribed for Vonage (meaning a local Canada phone number) and started applying online. My luck started turning by Feb 09 & I got an offer with IBM and joined them on May 18, 2009 as a full time employee. Basically this meant I was out of Canada from Aug 08-May09, which I definitely & clearly mentioned in the application. I did/do travel quite a bit, but it was mostly in Canada barring a few visits to US.

I guess she wanted to know more details about these stunts of mine.....other than that I have nothing to say. I have all T4s, NOAs, Auto/Home/Health Insurance Bills, Mortagage/Rental Agreements, fair amount of Health related documents, Credit Card bills & Bank Statements, some reciepts of charities I did...all from May 2009 onwards...

Suin said:
Hi, that is not fair. Do you know what could be the possible reasons that triggered it?

csvinay

Jan 31, 2006
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, I received my oath letter today asking me to appear at Scarborough location on Nov. 28th.
Thanks for the all the advice and support you offered. Good luck with your application.

What is the process to get canadian passport after this? Thanks.

farrous13

Oct 1, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
csvinay said:
Guys, I received my oath letter today asking me to appear at Scarborough location on Nov. 28th.
Thanks for the all the advice and support you offered. Good luck with your application.

What is the process to get canadian passport after this? Thanks.
Congrats :D
wait 2 days and then apply for the passport. You should get the passport in a week +/-