20-12-2012
Med's Done....
06-01-2013 ECAS 3RD LINE 25-4-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 16-09-2013
LANDED..........
28-10-2013
Hello Everybody,
Same new immigrate come to canada before 3 months.
Yes its tough to get your dream job here , that's why I moved to different city and province.
Enjoying cold and new life in Winnipeg.
I will be here in Winnipeg more 1 year then ..god knows.

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samnov said:
Thanks,
Is it possible to rent from airside beforehand or I have to be there.
Its better to see and then lock the apartment. as there may be surprises. So book any motel or any room for a week and then do you search through kijiji.ca. You can do search and check rates on kijiji.ca right now.

I booked my room from Pakistan at the time of landing. luckily my landlord was good and room was acceptable. but i recommend you come and then search here.

Regards,

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HeisenbergCanada said:
It saddens to see more and more people are landing without doing any research on Canadian job market!!
I did alot of research before coming to Canada, I am on skill international, I am on career edge, I did a sales and marketing bridging program as well. but unfortunately unable to get into reasonable job. I don't even get interview calls. my resume is as per Canadian standard. I guess everyone has different luck. I do apply to the related jobs only with job specific resume and cover letter. search is still going on brother.

That's why started this thread to help other and get help from seniors.

Thanks

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A well written Canadian resume doesn’t contain a list of your job duties. Articulate your accomplishments telling a compelling story. Seduce the reader!

HeisenbergCanada

Star Member
Oct 27, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TooCareless1 said:
I did alot of research before coming to Canada, I am on skill international, I am on career edge, I did a sales and marketing bridging program as well. but unfortunately unable to get into reasonable job. I don't even get interview calls. my resume is as per Canadian standard. I guess everyone has different luck. I do apply to the related jobs only with job specific resume and cover letter. search is still going on brother.

Thanks
Well..i too did an internship with TD Bank through Career Edge. After 6 months they offered me a full-time position within the same branch. Its all about making the right connection and grabbing any opportunity!

iblessed

Mar 8, 2012
TooCareless1 said:

Thanks

Hello everyone I landed in June last year with my family we were in Brampton but moved to the North. I am a RN still waiting to get my License that I applied for in 2012 from home Country but the system here is different to what we are used to. We came from the Uk and where jobs are concern I find that you have to for the most part know someone who can recommend you personally in order to get work. There are lots of jobs around but I find that unless you have a connection to where you are applying you have no chance. I have a jobs not as RN and its because I have become friends with people who then put me in-touch with people they know. But I know I will get my License eventually as I will not give up.
As a Permanent Resident you can move and live or work anywhere in Canada, my husband went to Alberta to work while we stay in Ontario so for some people this could be an option, look for work in another Province in order to be the bread winner. Some jobs offer moving assistance especially in NORTHERN CANADA, all the best to everyone

TooCareless1

Aug 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HeisenbergCanada said:
Well..i too did an internship with TD Bank through Career Edge. After 6 months they offered me a full-time position within the same branch. Its all about making the right connection and grabbing any opportunity!
Excellent example brother. share your story in detail brother. did anyone in career edge helped u for interview??? or you just applied and got interview and were selected. if you can share your contact no. so everyone including me can benefit.
this thread is to give help and get help.

Thanks