+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TORN between Alberta and Mannitoba

marc.deleon

Aug 9, 2012
Hello!

I am a Filipino nurse and I just got my permanent resident visa. I've been choosing between alberta and mannitoba for weeks but I am still confused.

My reason(s) for choosing mannitoba is/are:

1) it's in dire need of nurses: I know I won't be an RN immediately but mannitoba gives temporary registration as a graduate nurse, the question is: how long is the processing time? I know that however short the processing time is, I still need a SURVIVAL job upon landing to feed my family

2)it's one of the cheaper provinces

But the problem is, it's too cold there- for my daughter (and I am planning to land in December)

My reason for choosing Alberta is:

1) The weather is nicer compared to mannitoba
2) it's also one of the cheaper provinces
3) it also gives temporary registration for nurses who completed the assessment

My family just has enough money and I can't make too many mistakes.

So here are my queries:
1) which province is cheaper?
2) how much is a 1 bedroom apartment usually? deposits? can you pls give a website that actually replies back to emails?
3) how long is the average processing time for the college of nursing in the respective provinces?

I know I have not been a lot of help to others here in the forum (coz I'm quite new) but your thougths and inputs will be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

zOzOzO

Jul 13, 2011
Dallas TX
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/5/2014
I dunno much about Manitoba, but I thought Alberta has the highest AVG salary for nurses and they also have a high demand?

bree

Oct 18, 2011
Hi,

I hope this will help. In choosing the province to settle. have you visited the website for both provinces for nurses as each
province has a different requirements and you still have to go through the assessment process and the provincial board would decide if you're eligible to take the CRNE right away or you still need to undergo SEC for them to make a determination if you're eligible to sit for the exam right away or you need to go through the bridging program..This happens a lot for IEN so be sure to make definite plan and prepare prior to landing here in Canada. Apply first to the board for an assessment prior to leaving the country since it would be a long wait for you. Hope this will help. :)