+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Upload or Not to Upload Documents

tomtom45

Sep 27, 2022
Hi everyone,
I am applying for a Visitors Visa. Under Mandatory Documents to upload, there are only three documents asked, 1) Invitation letter 2) Proof of funds and 3) passport

Do you think i should upload more documents or just upload what is asked. Which do you think is better?? Some say it's better to upload only those documents that are asked but some say you should upload as many documents to show ties to ur country. I'm confused

Thanks in advance

yesh

Mar 6, 2018
In my case an invitation letter is not at all there in the required or optional documents list. I don't know why?

tomtom45

Sep 27, 2022
If @yesh is applying as a tourist, there should be a request to send an invitation letter. I filed on online TRV application as representative (paid) for someone this morning. I had to work with a page that lists "Supporting Documents". Under that head was a long list. The first 3 items read thus: 1. Travel History (required); 2. Passport (required); 3. Invitation Letter (required). As you work through the list and upload, the left side column (headed "Details") that says "Not Yet Provided" in black print, will change to "Provided", with the uploaded filename, all in green typeface.

At the bottom of that page, once sees: Date modified: 2022-12-20

Interestingly, the TRV Document Checklist says nothing about an invitation letter.
Thank you for the inputs Kaibigan.. that was helpful. Do you think it is good to upload more documents or only upload documents that are asked. Like I said, in my application, only 3 documents are mandatory. It doesn't even ask for current job employer letter. What you think?

tomtom45

Sep 27, 2022
I see in your correspondence with @sendtomaddy, that member has some relevant experience and sent bank info and a few other things. I might be inclined to send more than the bare minimum of strongly supportive, such as proof of financial strength, travel history, if strong, such as previous trips to countries like U.K., U.S., New Zealand, Australia.
Thank you for your reply and time. How I wish I could include more documents but unfortunately there are only one extra place to upload Optional documents and 2MB is the limit so cannot upload more..

Reactions: sendtomaddy

Bbampoe

Aug 8, 2018
I need help to submit an additional documents in IRCC. I submitted it through IRCC portal account as requested but the status is still showing action is needed. Please I need help how to submit it

Vayen.

Star Member
Oct 11, 2022
I need help to submit an additional documents in IRCC. I submitted it through IRCC portal account as requested but the status is still showing action is needed. Please I need help how to submit it
Did you follow the prompts that appeared on the bottom of the page after you had uploaded the document?. The prompts that guided you on how to sign it by inputting your certain details?.

Bbampoe

Aug 8, 2018
You should probably send them a webform with the documents attached and explain your situation.
I have tried several to send them webform but am unable to send. After filling everything when I click on next to enable me go to the next page to attach the documents it doesn’t respond

paha-1866

Mar 3, 2023
Hello experts. I don't know in which branch to ask a question. I'll ask you here. No matter how many times you apply for a visitor visa, the UCI will be the same everywhere? I want to submit it for the third time. And the officer will see that the first was a refusal, and the second an approval for 6 years? Thanks.