+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TO SENIORS: work exp. compensating low IELTS score?

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
hi all

my initial application revived by CIO on 9th of Feb... and expecting my AOR soon inshalla

in is my point collection scheme, i have 16 for lang and 17 for work experience... total of 68 points

i didnt send my IELTS score with the initial application to save time...i have done the exam recently and got those marks:

Listening: 8.5
Reading: 7.5
Speaking: 6.5
Writing: 6

because of writing, i will get only 14 points instead of the expected 16 :(

BUT...let me try this..... i have start my job on june 2007... and on june 2010 i will be compelting 3 years .... so i should be getting (19) points for work rather than 17 as i wrote in my initial application.... (also, i have 1.5 months internship while i was in university i didnt write it down in my initial application)

so apparently i want to do this... i want to send my full docs to CHC after june 2010... and i want to say to the CHC this, "yes i lost 2 points of language, but i gained them again in work experience, which will make me still 68 points"

so, i donno how i could say that (if i can in the first place)

shall i add more time for work experience when i send my full docs to CHC so the calculations will ? or attache a letter or what?

seniors please advise... thanks!

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
the problem is the next ielts exam is on June 5th and results are on June 20th.. so either way i have to wait till that date..!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they haven't asked for your documents yet, you will have time at least until August or longer to send them in. You can try to claim the longer work experience in June to compensate for your lost points but for everybody else, this is exactly why CIC recommends that you take IELTS before you apply to CIO, because you will then know exactly what your points are.

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
hi Leon

I dont know u, but u seem an expert in the matter...

can you please tell me how i would claim that?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You send documents proving your work experience. Also write a cover letter saying something like: At the time that I applied to CIO, I was claiming 2 years work experience for 17 points. Now I have completed 3 years and therefore I want to claim 3 years work experience for 19 points.

You can also add in there a complete breakdown of all your points as you calculate them.

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
thanks leon...

actually, am afraid of doing it.... fearing they will reject my application which is an ultimate waste of time for me...

i want to know if someone have done it before...

anyone have seen a situation like this succeeded before?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are afraid of doing it, you have another choice. Prepare better for the IELTS and take it in June and hopefully you will get the 16 points you need.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Adam,

This is reply to your PM.

Sr. Member LEON has advised u the best possible scenario/s. There is nothing more to add.

Regards,
QORAX

New2Canada

Mar 6, 2009
Please see page 39 of OP6

Officers must:
take into account any years of experience that occur between application and assessment,
and for which the applicant has submitted the necessary documentation (R77).

That might be positive for you. Now, does assessment mean the assessment at CIO or visa office. I think visa office. If that is the case, you will get 2 points more for work experience.

So the question is whether they would hit you down for going down two points in IELTS. I think it was okay not to take IELTS before applying to CIO (because don't they ask you whether you have or not, which means they are okay with the no part). So they must get many people who get two points less.

Merely, my thoughts. Wait for Qorax and Leon to guide you further.

Good luck.

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
am still not sure...

it seems i will go for leon's advice and do the exam... dont want to take risks! as for what new2canada said... what do they mean by "assessment".. is it the CIO's or the CHC's ?

what if they meant the CIO's.. then in CHC they will stick to this rule and simply reject my application :(... and who knows if NOC 4131 will still be accepted or not...

am desperate enough .. it has been 76 days since app. received by CIO and never got the AOR, yet this is my 2nd application as first has been returned...

sigh

Amir Shuval

Mar 26, 2010
Richmond Hill, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
New2canada is correct. You won't have any problems with claiming the additional experience. Assessment done at the visa office. My concern is how can it be 76 days passed since application received in NS and no email yet?
My recent experience is less than 60 days and I get the email.Check if your money order was cashed or credit card charged.Did you enter an email address in the application ?

The application might be heading back to you again.

stevecanada

Mar 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New York City
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
November 2009
AOR Received.
February 2010
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
March 2010
Med's Request
March 2010
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
NO interview
Passport Req..
April 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 2010
LANDED..........
Will do, working on American Citizenship
adam711 said:
the problem is the next ielts exam is on June 5th and results are on June 20th.. so either way i have to wait till that date..!
doesn't matter

adam711

Star Member
Jan 25, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
new2canada.... well.. i totally dont know and you made me start to freak out now...

my main concern now diverted into WHY i still didnt get the AOR!!!!!

ok here is my history with canada immigration:

-in 2004: My sister in canada applied for Family Class immigration to sponsor my mom and me in the same application (i was under 18 at that time). Due to the fact i she didnt change her mail box when she moved.. she didnt follow up with the requests sent by CIC promptly and the file closed.

-on 4th of Nov 2009 : My FSW1 app. received to CIO. i got my application returned back to me. They need more details on the main job duties.

-on 2nd Feb 2009: My 2nd FSW1 app. received to CIO. this time i attached 2 additional sheets for detailed main duties description.. they are matching up to 60% of what is on the HRSDC main duties ... and 100% match of the lead statement. No reply since then!

in June, i will complete 3 years of working under 4131, I teach cisco certificates (CCNA, CCNP...etc) in Fast Lane Dubai.. its a global training partner of Cisco.

also, i applied for my 2 sister with me... and both of them didnt get an email nor mail...

yesterday i opened a case with HSBC canada to make sure the DD has been encashed or not

i donno why the hell i didnt get the AOR yet...:S