+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

To Canada from ND - Lets Plan travel together

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I visited Scotia bank today and they said that if you want account through them, then you need to contact them 4 weeks before departure.

Process - Take your PP and COPR and rest will be taken care by Bank
You get a welcome kit and A/C no. in 20-22 days
In one go you can transfer the amount you want to. u get only one chance for Wire Transfer
Scotia bank releases u a advice ( Bank certificate) which is as good as as Bank certificate and works as POF at port of entry

The Banker advised me that any body who wishes to open the account should take prior appointment. I will post the banker's information later

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Insurance Issues

I talked to ICICI and Bajaj Allianz for insurance and they said that they do it for 60 and 30 days respectively for immigrant Visa

Bajaj Allianz call center did tell me that they do it for 6 months but when I asked them to send this to me on e-mail in writing they backed off and said that they do it for 30 months for travellers on immigrant visa.

Not sure which Travel Insurance Company can provide 90 days Insurance on Immigrant Visa. Has any body checked that

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When I contacted scotiabank in hyderabad, the banker here said that they need not less than 40 days to complete account opening process.

May be delhi branch takes less time which is good...

ankit_20 said:
Guys I visited Scotia bank today and they said that if you want account through them, then you need to contact them 4 weeks before departure.

Process - Take your PP and COPR and rest will be taken care by Bank
You get a welcome kit and A/C no. in 20-22 days
In one go you can transfer the amount you want to. u get only one chance for Wire Transfer
Scotia bank releases u a advice ( Bank certificate) which is as good as as Bank certificate and works as POF at port of entry

The Banker advised me that any body who wishes to open the account should take prior appointment. I will post the banker's information later

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Contact Details fo Scotia Bank ND are
Shikha Kumar -9891010150

You need to take prior appointment before you go to the bank.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I was doing some home work for preparing for the landing and Prepared this checklist. I hope it helps others who are also planning the landing soon

CHECK LIST of Docs
IDP and Driving License
Letter from RTO regarding Driving Exp
No Claim leter from Insurance Co.
Travel Insurance
POF
Birth Certificate
Marriage Certificate
All Original and Copy of Work Ex and Educational Certificates
Reference Letters
Ticket
Hotel Booking
Money (Cash+Draft+ TC) and International Credit cards
Passport
COPR
Prepare form B4
PR Card Form and Photos
Child's Immunization Record

Other things to do
Get the Education Equivalency done
Identify Volunteer Program
Identify the Career Bridge Programs
Identify the Internship Opportunities

ajithpl

Aug 5, 2010
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ankit,

Is there any problem in travelling abroad after getting our landing papers?? Do we have to inform CHC regardng this??

Letter from RTO regarding Driving Exp..What's the procedure????

Get the Education Equivalency done..How to get this done, Is it possible from India???Identify Volunteer Program

Pls let me know

Thanks

Ajith

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ajithpl said:
Ankit,

Is there any problem in travelling abroad after getting our landing papers?? Do we have to inform CHC regardng this?? - NO. Absolutely no needLetter from RTO regarding Driving Exp..What's the procedure????- Apply in the RTO office where u got your license from. You know that there is only one way of getting things done in India
Get the Education Equivalency done..How to get this done, Is it possible from India??? Check www.wes.org/
Identify Volunteer Program - While you are searching for jobs, it is better to do volunteer jobs than sitting idle. There are many websites where u can get volunteer opportunity
Pls let me know

Thanks

Ajith

gmr

Jul 24, 2010
Is anybody landing on march 16th. For POF , if we show the US bank statement is it ok or if we take a demand draft in USD, is that is allowed. please comment. I am landing on March 16th in canada from US.

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The Bank statement may not work. There have been cases where it has worked and there have been cases where it has not, so why take risk and spoil your landing experience
Draft is a good choice

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
USD draft is ok.

For job market you need to do some reasearch search for jobs on following web sites
monster.ca
Workopolis.com
indeed.ca
Sapphireca.com
Sisystems
Brainhunters
Eagleonline.com

You may also contact laxmikanthms on the forum he works with Orcale

CAPR

Sep 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ankit,

That's all wonderful information friend.. Thanks a lot...

Could you please provide us the list of websites where we can find voluntary oppurtunities ?

xenos

Star Member
Sep 1, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ankit_20

friend can you tell me whether this scotiabank account opened from india includes free 1 year locker facility?

ankit_20

VIP Member
Dec 7, 2009
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xenos said:
@ ankit_20

friend can you tell me whether this scotiabank account opened from india includes free 1 year locker facility?
I am not sure, I did not enquire about it.

CBI

Feb 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Dec 2009
Doc's Request.
12-Feb-2010
AOR Received.
12 Feb 2010 & 21st May 2010
IELTS Request
7.0 Band (6th March 2010)
File Transfer...
17 Feb 2010
Med's Request
23 Dec 2010
Med's Done....
07 Jan 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23 Dec 2010
VISA ISSUED...
14 Mar 2011
LANDED..........
06 May 2011
xenos said:
@ ankit_20

Yes they offer 1year free locker if the serving branch has a spare available.

Additionally they also give you credit card without any credit report.