+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tired of Waiting... Decision

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
Got my AOR since April 2002 from Buffalo. Submitted every documents and done medical since Oct 2004. Also paid RPRF for my whole family since.
File trf to Ghana in March 2005, thus new date claimed applicatn received now March 2005.
Got another letter requesting for virtually all the forms submitted, proof of fund, employment, proof of language proficiency etc

AM CONFUSED and thinking of calling it off 'cos of recent development in another nice country that I intends to settle down.

NOW THE QUESTION:
A) What is the procedure for cancelling my application?
B) How much refund am I likely to get?

JUST NEED TO TAKE A DECISION NOW - as failure to reach a conclusion since 2002 has necessitated the recent development.

Pls help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: TIRED OF WAITING - DECISION

Hi

aysomtin said:
Got my AOR since April 2002 from Buffalo. Submitted every documents and done medical since Oct 2004. Also paid RPRF for my whole family since.
File trf to Ghana in March 2005, thus new date claimed applicatn received now March 2005.
Got another letter requesting for virtually all the forms submitted, proof of fund, employment, proof of language proficiency etc

AM CONFUSED and thinking of calling it off 'cos of recent development in another nice country that I intends to settle down.

NOW THE QUESTION:
A) What is the procedure for cancelling my application?
B) How much refund am I likely to get?

JUST NEED TO TAKE A DECISION NOW - as failure to reach a conclusion since 2002 has necessitated the recent development.

Pls help
You will not get back the processing fee of $550, only the RPRF of $975 if you have paid it.

Send the office handling your case a letter withdrawing your application. Include your name DOb and file no.

PMM

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
WHY?

:?: My question to you is why did you go through all that and now want to quit?

:?: What did you expect, that you would get it soon? There are hundreds of applicants everyday, so you have to wait in line like everyone else.

:?: Mabey they lost all of your file or some papers and want it again or for other reasons. All you do is just photocopy everything and send it back. It could happen in that "nice" country you intend to go to and it doesn't mean they will accept you. You already have paid the initial amount I believe and it will not be returned to you. You lose it.

:idea: So if I were you, I would seriously think about it. There is nothing confusing about them reasking for you to resend again.. They are humans and humans commit errors and maybe your file is lost somewhere or misfiled and cant be found. Of course, they are not going to admit to it.

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
TIRED OF WAITING!

Thanks for the response. Opinion seem to confirmed that at least I will get the RPRF paid but will forfeit the processing fee.

Thinking of withdrawing bcos having waited for long, I have moved ahead in another country, and it may not be worth the while again!!

Thanks

aysomtin

Star Member
Jul 1, 2005
Dancing Feather, thanks but in a situation where one is considering perfecting one's status and gradually settling down in another country, what do u expect? and having waited for long?

Just thinking that to avoid contradiction, just feel I shd let go of this and hold fast to the current situation.

But if I may ask - at the final decision level, will the embassy require oral interview or just request for ur passport and apply the visa?

Information I am getting seems to be that one only loose the processing fee but not the RPRF at this stage?

would appreciate your professional advice

DancingFeather

Star Member
Jan 31, 2006
:) Okay, I had not understood that you were already in another country, then by all means. Yes you just lose the inital fee the rest will be sent back to you.

:roll: Well, immigration is not a thing that you get tomorrow. There are hundreds before you who are waiting so maybe Canada was not really where you wanted to be because I know some have waited 5-6 years and more and are now here.

:) Again, it is to the discretion of the Agent..as for me, for my husband, we had no interview it was waived and we just went in to sign the final papers. So, I could not tell you if there will be one or not. You will receive a letter telling you their decision.