+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
SH Korea said:
Hi Everyone, Happy New Year!

The background check has been in progress since Nov. 24(or 25 or o6). I haven't received PPR yet.

When I click "submitted documents" on MyCIC, it says "replacement overdue" for police certificate which, it says, is required to upload by Nov. 21, 2016.
I didn't upload any documents because I sent PCCs on Oct. 12. I called CIC and asked them if I needed to upload PCC again on MyCIC since it was still showing 'documents required' even a while after I emailed our PCCs. She confirmed that they received the documents by email and nothing else was required at the moment and I didn't have to do anything.

Does anyone have the same message under "submitted documents" on MyCIC? I've been waiting for PPR for about two and a half months since the status changed to "background check in progress". Is this too long? Should I have uploaded them??..I'm hoping to get PPR this month..

Any ideas..?
I am in the same boat in terms of timeline. I had submitted the PCCs both on MyCIC and also through Email. Let us keep in touch on the progress and hope that we get the PPRs soon.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Has there been any movement for applicants who used Purolator lately? I havent seen any movement on my application for 6 months or so now.

KitsuneDream

Jan 24, 2013
Philippines
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-05-2014 App Received..: 21-05-2014 CC Charged....: 04-09-2014 PER Received: 09-09-2014
Doc's Request.
16-10-2014
Med's Request
16-10-2014
Med's Done....
21-10-2014
Passport Req..
04-11-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
LANDED..........
31-03-2015
_MK_ said:
Has there been any movement for applicants who used Purolator lately? I havent seen any movement on my application for 6 months or so now.
Hi there. We are on the same boat. Last correspondence from them was in August 2016 stating file transfer to CPC-Ottawa. Hope to hear from them soon. :)

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
KitsuneDream said:
Hi there. We are on the same boat. Last correspondence from them was in August 2016 stating file transfer to CPC-Ottawa. Hope to hear from them soon. :)
Hi KitsuneDream.

Do you have an Sponsorship approval already? I have sponsorship approval dated 12 Aug 2016.. but after that no update. my client application status is still received application January 5, 2016 still.

I don't know why..

evan2015

Feb 5, 2015
hi folks,

I just received emails (actually sent to my mother's email) from CIC-Ottawa requesting for medical examination, pay PR fee and policy clearance. Good news to me, however the problem is that my parents are Chinese but they ask for police clearnance certificate for India. My parents never been in India in their entire life. Should I contact CIC or just ignore and assume it was their typos and provide Chinese police clearance? some's suggestion may help me to decide, thanks

Police Certificate: Please provide us with a scanned copy of an original police clearance certificate for India.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Daniala said:
I am in the same boat in terms of timeline. I had submitted the PCCs both on MyCIC and also through Email. Let us keep in touch on the progress and hope that we get the PPRs soon.
Yes! I'll update my status change here as soon as I get it. Keep our fingers crossed! :)

Risabh_Canada

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
Are we getting any email confirming that we have filled the form ?

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends, congrats to all of those who have received PPR.

Is anyone received request to provide latest proof of income ?

Lsg

Jan 15, 2016
yfwing said:
Mine timeline:
2016.01.04 - submitted application
2016.08.02 - sponsorship approved
2016.09.23 - medical, police clearance, RPRF request
2016.12.16 - PPR
2017.01.04 - passport return, case approved.

VO - Ottawa
Congratulations!
I have a question: I just got a message in the online account asking us to send police certificate, RPRF and do medical test. The message says "Please reply directly to this email and put your application number in the title". I have no clue what email they are talking about as this message was received in the online account. Does anyone know what email address I have to send the police certificate to?

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
Hello all,

I have a couple of questions I appreciate if you answer them. Me and my husband are both students but we have the minimum income which is provided by funding from our university and is valid in our tax slips.

1-will parent sponsorship application get accepted while we are students and don't have permanent jobs?
2- As documents for financial qualification is sending only the tax slips enough or I need to get letters from university as well?
3- I intend to apply if I hopefully get chosen in the pool for 2017. For this case should the financial documents be sent for 2016 or 2015? (I will be applying through Quebec which only requires ONE year of financial qualification).

Thanks

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If I remember correctly while filling the forms. They dont considered incomes such as EI or any government benefits . Check the form and you will see how they calculate the real income.

kimiz said:
Hello all,

I have a couple of questions I appreciate if you answer them. Me and my husband are both students but we have the minimum income which is provided by funding from our university and is valid in our tax slips.

1-will parent sponsorship application get accepted while we are students and don't have permanent jobs?
2- As documents for financial qualification is sending only the tax slips enough or I need to get letters from university as well?
3- I intend to apply if I hopefully get chosen in the pool for 2017. For this case should the financial documents be sent for 2016 or 2015? (I will be applying through Quebec which only requires ONE year of financial qualification).

Thanks

kimiz

Apr 14, 2016
UOC said:
If I remember correctly while filling the forms. They dont considered incomes such as EI or any government benefits . Check the form and you will see how they calculate the real income.
Thanks for your reply.
What do you mean by EI income?
Do you have any idea about my third question?

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kimiz said:
Thanks for your reply.
The third question is a tricky one for this year's applicants :(
In 2016 I had to provide my income papers for 2015 only (for Quebec). They want an "avis de cotisation" that you receive after you fill your income tax. I got my federal approval on June 2016, so I included my 2015 income papers.
By the time you will be selected by federal government and you will receive the first approval and instructions to apply for QSC you might have your "Avis de cotisation" for 2016 ready.
What kind of a timeline you think it will be with a new lottery?

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kimiz said:
Thanks for your reply.
You have to see the checklist for Quebec financial evaluation!
They are also considering savings accounts that you have in case if you don't have enough income.