+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
kilamans said:
i agree but just look at other user inputs, when was their aor received, when you was yours, which visa office, did the other users parents have travelled or not... because a week back i started monitoring this thread, the moment i saw people's updates about medical request, and when i saw the list out of 20 users who LVO is NDVO, and almost 18 ofthem got the request, like you, even i was impatient, but finally even i got the request for pcc, medicals, rprf...

so no worries, yours should be soon too..
one thing i am not clear at all, why they have picked 2016 applications when 2014, 2015 is still pending, is to collect the rprf only? that will be a huge money...

I received AOR on 16th May 2016. My parents have travelled to Canada twice, in 2010 and 2013.

I am not sure what to do at this point.

jeffporfirio

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
thecoolguysam said:
I am waiting for SA too. I am not sure how CIC is randomly processing the applications. I called the CIC call centre and they told me that they are working on applications received in 2014. They have just sent AOR for 2016 applications only.
Totally understandable.

One last question.
So the 2016 PGP applications, some have not received SA and some are already at the medical exams phase.
Is it dependent on the LVO or on the order application was received (jan 4th, 5th...) ?
Thanks guys

BTW this forum and you guys are awesome

PGPapplicant

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
I received AOR on 16th May 2016. My parents have travelled to Canada twice, in 2010 and 2013.

I am not sure what to do at this point.
Called cic today, they told me, there is no time limit to process PGP applications. it can take one year, or it can take 10 years. no time limit, :(

rie_n

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello! I've been on this forum reading lots of great discussion/advice and thank you Rossei for creating such a great platform!

I've got few questions about passport request... If you guys could answer me that'd be great! :)

1. How many days does IRCC give parents to submit their passport?
My parents' file is at CPC-O if that makes any difference.

2. After all the decision has been made, and let's say it's approved. When does the CoPR come in?
I have myself went through this process (sponsored by Common-law) but I am a visa-exempt national, so my CoPR was just mailed to me after decision was made. So how is this with visa-required nationals? Do they send the CoPR along with the submitted passport?

3. Is the expiry date of visa they'd stick on the passport same as the expiry date of CoPR? My understanding is that the CoPR is usually valid for 1 year following the medical exam. Is it the same for the Visa on the passport?

Thank you in advance :)

ztariq

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
Hi spedwan,

Congrats on receiving the medical requests from the London Visa Office.

Could you please advise when you applied for your mother's immigration? (Janurary 2016 ?)
Also, when did you receive Sponsorship Approval letter mentioning that her case has been forwarded to London Visa office?

Thank you

spdewan said:
Hello

Today I received medical request for my mom, visa office London, UK. She lives with my brother in Switzerland and currently visiting Pakistan.

Does medial need to be done in Switzerland or it can be done by panel physician in Pakistan. Letter says medical need to be completed within 30 days of this letter.

Has anyone encountered same situation? any experience and suggestion appreciated

Thanks

Salman

caboy808

Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
planningtogo said:
Congrats!!!

The background check still on 'not started' when you got the PPR?

How many days have passed when you saw the Medical - passed and the PPR?

Thanks!!
Got PPR the day after the bg went to "in progress". It was about 25 days between Medical updated as passed to PPR.

lonewolƒ

Oct 21, 2016
Hi,

I sponsored my wife last in 2015 and her application was completed in 2016. She's living with me now. Now, we have to sponsor her parents, who live in Oman. She will be the sponsor and I will be the co-signor. Is there only one form for both the mother and the father? Which means, the father or mother will be the principal applicant and the other will be a dependent, right? Since my wife recently moved to Canada, is she eligible to sponsor her parents? Also, what can I do about her tax forms? She just started working, so her income report won't be available with the CRA. Anyone who was in a similar situation?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
lonewolƒ said:
Hi,

I sponsored my wife last in 2015 and her application was completed in 2016. She's living with me now. Now, we have to sponsor her parents, who live in Oman. She will be the sponsor and I will be the co-signor. Is there only one form for both the mother and the father? Which means, the father or mother will be the principal applicant and the other will be a dependent, right? Since my wife recently moved to Canada, is she eligible to sponsor her parents? Also, what can I do about her tax forms? She just started working, so her income report won't be available with the CRA. Anyone who was in a similar situation?

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you!!
Is there only one form for both the mother and the father? Which means, the father or mother will be the principal applicant and the other will be a dependent, right? - Yes, my father was principal applicant, and mother was dependent, you can do vice versa.

for your 2nd question, i am not sure, other folks here can answer it or CIC call centre

caboy808

Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rie_n said:
Hello! I've been on this forum reading lots of great discussion/advice and thank you Rossei for creating such a great platform!

I've got few questions about passport request... If you guys could answer me that'd be great! :)

1. How many days does IRCC give parents to submit their passport?
My parents' file is at CPC-O if that makes any difference.

2. After all the decision has been made, and let's say it's approved. When does the CoPR come in?
I have myself went through this process (sponsored by Common-law) but I am a visa-exempt national, so my CoPR was just mailed to me after decision was made. So how is this with visa-required nationals? Do they send the CoPR along with the submitted passport?

3. Is the expiry date of visa they'd stick on the passport same as the expiry date of CoPR? My understanding is that the CoPR is usually valid for 1 year following the medical exam. Is it the same for the Visa on the passport?

Thank you in advance :)
1. 30 days to submit passport
2. The CoPR is issued when you land, by the CBSA office, the PR card will be mailed within approximately 2 months I think.
3. The Visa validity date is all you need to comply with

ndhillon

Jan 24, 2012
Daniala said:
@ndhillon did you finally try to relink to a new account login? Were your messages there?
@Daniala, yes, yesterday afternoon I was able to relink my application to a new user account and was able to see all pre-existing messages and notifications from the new user ID. Ironically enough, few hours after that, all error 500 related issues got resolved anyway.

dadaum

Dec 16, 2012
INDIA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
16-05-2016
File Transfer...
07-07-2016
Med's Request
13-02-2017
Med's Done....
17-02-2017,18-05-2017
feelfreetoadviceme said:
Finally Got the Medical and PCC request for my parents today. :D :D
Congratulations on geting Medical and PCC.

Ddun

Jun 3, 2016
I had applied for my parents immigration in January. Yesterday, They received request for medical and police clearance. Two months ago my dad was diagnosed with curable rectal cancer. He is undergoing treatment and will have surgery next month. The letter says medical needs to be done in 30 days. My preference is to get his medical done after surgery but then I will miss the 30 day window. Any advice for me on how to proceed here?