Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
01-02-2016
File Transfer...
29-06-2016
sapguru said:
No visible movement is not good in fast paced PGP applications processing.

There has been minimal updates to the PGP applications in last 2 weeks for Ottawa LVO. So what is keeping Ottawa LVO so busy? When can the applicants with submitted Medical and PCC docs expect an updates?
Just be patient :D

When we sent the application they were estimating 6 YEARS (!!!!) and we might get away with months instead... give them the 2 weeks break (and don't get me wrong, I am as anxious as you are ;))

junzky28

Star Member
Aug 21, 2015
AB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
04/01/2016
Doc's Request.
30-10-2016 / 17-04-2017 / MED, RPRF 05-12-2017
AOR Received.
16/05/2016
File Transfer...
13-02-2017
Med's Request
05-12-2017
Med's Done....
1st med 13-12-2017 / 2nd request 02/01/2018 / 3rd request 11/01/2018 / 4th 30/05/2018
Passport Req..
Waiting
If you are sponsoring your parents ONLY but you still have siblings (underage) and have listed as dependents on my father's app. Do they have to undergo medical as well or examine their background? Also they don't have passport yet. Thanks

caboy808

Feb 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sapguru said:
Thanks for encouragement. Is it fair to say the average wait time between medical/pcc and ppr could be 1 month?
TODAY MYCIC status for background check was changed to in progress, I think there were some comments before on how long it takes between change status of background check to PPR. But I forgot hope it's soon!

ndhillon

Jan 24, 2012
Daniala said:
I did not continue until re-linking my application. I was afraid that it might screw up the whole thing. I am keeping this as the last resort. I am hoping that in the day or two, the problem gets resolved. However, it all depends on how many accounts have this issue and how many are going to report this.

Have you seen anybody getting access to the former messages of an application by re-linking to a new GCKey?
Daniala, did you end up using your last resort to relink to your third working account yet or not? I did manage to get through to a relatively helpful agent at GCkey helpdesk today, who suggested this as a possible solution and she "thought" we would be able to get access to pre-existing messages too. If nothing improves till tomorrow, I'm going to try it myself, hoping not to screw things up any further.

I also faintly remember, once upon a time, reading (from @Rossie ?? ) in this thread (could be a few hundred pages back so hard to find now) that if an application is linked to a new account, it automatically gets unlinked from its previous account. So someone has definitely tried doing this, although for a different purpose as this error 500 wasn't an issue then.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
I submitted(emailed) police certificates of my parents along with the receipt of RPRF on Oct. 12. Usually, how long does it take to see it posted on MyCIC acocunt? It still shows "needed" and "$0".

Does anyone have an idea?

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
SH Korea said:
I submitted(emailed) police certificates of my parents along with the receipt of RPRF on Oct. 12. Usually, how long does it take to see it posted on MyCIC acocunt? It still shows "needed" and "$0".

Does anyone have an idea?
Did you send them to Ottawa VO by email? Can someone please share Ottawa VO's email to send PCC's and RPRF?

Daniala

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
ndhillon said:
Daniala, did you end up using your last resort to relink to your third working account yet or not? I did manage to get through to a relatively helpful agent at GCkey helpdesk today, who suggested this as a possible solution and she "thought" we would be able to get access to pre-existing messages too. If nothing improves till tomorrow, I'm going to try it myself, hoping not to screw things up any further.

I also faintly remember, once upon a time, reading (from @Rossie ?? ) in this thread (could be a few hundred pages back so hard to find now) that if an application is linked to a new account, it automatically gets unlinked from its previous account. So someone has definitely tried doing this, although for a different purpose as this error 500 wasn't an issue then.
@ndhillon, I have resisted the temptation to do it so far, as I was afraid of losing the messages. I was really hoping that CIC would solve this issue by now.

Logically speaking, the re-linking should work. The reason for that: imagine that somebody gets a message and forget his GCKey. This is a FAQ on CIC website. Their response is that the user then needs to create a new GCKey and then relink the application. What that means is that the messages should be saved under the application and not under the My CIC account itself.

What you quoted from last discussions in this thread about an application becoming unlinked from a CIC account upon linking it to another account, I can remember vividly.

I am really sorry for this level of low respect that CIC gives to its applicants. They have a faulty system that they cannot fix; they do not have any technical support that is accessible; they do not have any office that is accessible; I send them case specific inquiries; I called them twice; I tweeted at them twice; I sent an email to CPC-Ottawa to get the messages..All of this without even one line of response. This is really upsetting. All these taxes and application fees for this level of support.

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi, all those who have received the police certificate request. Is the request came by email or mail ?.
Please also advise for how many years history they are asking in police certificate ? Appreciate your help.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
avi_15 said:
Did you send them to Ottawa VO by email? Can someone please share Ottawa VO's email to send PCC's and RPRF?
I received a request email from CIC(Ottawa) and it asked me to reply directly to that email, so I just clicked "reply" and attached pdf copies of the police certificates then sent it. The request email had another email address I should send the receipt to, so I sent it to that email address. Then later, I sent the receipt again to the original request email as well just in case. Isn't this how I was supposed to do it?

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
UOC said:
hi, all those who have received the police certificate request. Is the request came by email or mail ?.
Please also advise for how many years history they are asking in police certificate ? Appreciate your help.
You can find more details for each country at the following link.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/index.asp

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Rossei said:
Well, you cannot do anything else, can you? If CIC asked for further tests only for your father, you do it for him for now. If you want to do it for your mom at the same time, I guess you can do it; but do not send the results to CIC until they request for it.

As far as TB goes, I perhaps carry the bacteria as we were given TB vaccines during our childhood back home. I never had to test for myself in Canada but my wife does TB Skin Test (not Sputum test) every year as she studies in health sector. And her test always comes positive (for the vaccine she took decades ago). So, I think there is no need to worry.
My dad had TB 40 years ago and the scar is shown on his x-ray every time. My dad already explained to the doctor. The doctor suggested he should send x-ray files from the past years to prove that it's not active and just a scar. Luckily my dad was able to get x-ray files from 2006, 2011, 2013 and 2015 (regular checkups). He gave all of the files to the doctor and the doctor said he would send them all along with the medical exam results he got this time. My mom doesn't have any issue. I really hope the CIC doesn't ask for additional test for my dad. He's over 80 and he's already stressed out about this matter...

avi_15

Jul 18, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with the App
AOR Received.
16-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
16-Dec-2010
Med's Request
25-July-2011 reached 02-Aug-2011
Med's Done....
30-Aug-2011 reached 8-Sep-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-Nov-2011 reached 7-Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
18-Nov-2011 reached 25-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
03-Feb-2012
SH Korea said:
I received a request email from CIC(Ottawa) and it asked me to reply directly to that email, so I just clicked "reply" and attached pdf copies of the police certificates then sent it. The request email had another email address I should send the receipt to, so I sent it to that email address. Then later, I sent the receipt again to the original request email as well just in case. Isn't this how I was supposed to do it?
I got the medical and pcc equest via message on the account (not emails) .. that is why I asked.. can you confirm the email address you send the PCC's to?

UOC

Nov 4, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks. My cic account is blank and doesnt even show the letters I have received in the past by email. I registered for the account recently. Did some had the same experience.

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UOC said:
it looks like this (in the email)

Police Certificate: Please provide us with a scanned copy of an original police clearance certificate for Country Name (my parents were always residing in the same country). This must be received at this office by: 2016/11/01

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anon2016 said:
Hello folks,

Seems from the responses on the forum typically CIC gives 30 days to obtain PCC.

Was wondering if anyone asked CIC for more time (time extension) to obtain their PCC. If so, can someone share their experience or thoughts on this.

Thank you!
Same question. What's the best way to ask the time extension?
I applied under Quebec program. I got a request to forward a CSQ (Quebec certificate which replaces the general evaluation of financial capacity) before Nov 1st. I am running 1 or 2 weeks late...
Just call 1 888 242 21 00? Or reply to the email?