Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Pamma97 said:
Do you mean what day & time they stopped taking applications for 2016??? it was Jan 7th they updated website saying they have enough application to process for 2016.
Sorry my question wasn't clear. I meant what time of the day CIC stop working (processing applications)? Is it 5:00 PM EST or later...? I heard they stop at 8:00 PM but I am not sure.

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
eurmione said:
Is there anyone looking to this issue that care to share with me?
I am applying to sponsor my parents. In the process, i will move to Quebec. What would happen? Will quebec law apply in the end? Or federal law? Do I have to apply CSQ?
Thanks
I have no answers to first questions, but you dont need to apply for CSQ before they ask you.

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
eurmione said:
Is there anyone looking to this issue that care to share with me?
I am applying to sponsor my parents. In the process, i will move to Quebec. What would happen? Will quebec law apply in the end? Or federal law? Do I have to apply CSQ?
Thanks
Quebec law will apply.

these are the steps for Quebec

1.) Submit a sponsorship application to the Government of Canada

2.) Submit an undertaking application to the Government of Québec
If your sponsorship application is approved, CIC will notify you by letter or email inviting you to continue the process by submitting an undertaking application to the MICC and confirming the acceptance of your application.
This confirmation is very important since it constitutes proof that your sponsorship application was submitted to and approved by CIC.
* You must forward a copy of this confirmation (letter or email) to the MICC when submitting your undertaking application, accompanied by the fees payable and all required forms.

3.) Ask the person you are sponsoring to complete certain procedures, namely, applying for a Québec Selection Certificate and permanent residence.

So, once you have moved to QC (depends after which step of the above), you have to inform CIC (that you have moved to QC) and ask them to send you the letter or the email inviting you to continue the process by submitting an undertaking application to the MICC (step 2 above). Only after getting this letter, you may continue with MICC (Quebec) and then proceed for the CSQ.

Read more at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/index.html

Hope this helps.

eurmione

Jun 12, 2013
manitoba
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
end of Feb 2013 for CSQ and April 9, 2013 for Federal
Nomination.....
CSQ received on March 13, 2013
AOR Received.
June 5, 2013
IELTS Request
wave
Med's Request
june 12, 2013
Med's Done....
june 14, 2013. Med received on ECAS: August 19, 2013
Interview........
RPRF on Sept 3, 2013. ECAS status change to in process on Sept 3, 2013
Passport Req..
Nov 18, 2013, Decision Made Nov 19, 2013 sent PP same day
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 1, 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 17, 2013 (same day of PP return)
thinktriplets said:
Quebec law will apply.

these are the steps for Quebec

1.) Submit a sponsorship application to the Government of Canada

2.) Submit an undertaking application to the Government of Québec
If your sponsorship application is approved, CIC will notify you by letter or email inviting you to continue the process by submitting an undertaking application to the MICC and confirming the acceptance of your application.
This confirmation is very important since it constitutes proof that your sponsorship application was submitted to and approved by CIC.
* You must forward a copy of this confirmation (letter or email) to the MICC when submitting your undertaking application, accompanied by the fees payable and all required forms.

3.) Ask the person you are sponsoring to complete certain procedures, namely, applying for a Québec Selection Certificate and permanent residence.

So, once you have moved to QC (depends after which step of the above), you have to inform CIC (that you have moved to QC) and ask them to send you the letter or the email inviting you to continue the process by submitting an undertaking application to the MICC (step 2 above). Only after getting this letter, you may continue with MICC (Quebec) and then proceed for the CSQ.

Read more at http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/sponsors-sponsored/apply/index.html

Hope this helps.
Thank you so so much... :-*

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
thinktriplets said:
Sorry my question wasn't clear. I meant what time of the day CIC stop working (processing applications)? Is it 5:00 PM EST or later...? I heard they stop at 8:00 PM but I am not sure.
I think they work 8am to 4pm...that's why they were accepting applications at 8am on Jan 4th Monday morning. Typical government 8 hours shift I guess.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Someone's credit card got charged on Saturday:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html;msg4889090#msg4889090

thinktriplets

Star Member
Jan 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Pamma97 said:
I think they work 8am to 4pm...that's why they were accepting applications at 8am on Jan 4th Monday morning. Typical government 8 hours shift I guess.
Thank you Pamma.

SH Korea

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
vitlen said:
Is there a chance for remaining people from HR still? Or those who hasn't been charged yet it's over for him?
I'm sure the CIC workers just didn't have enough time to proceed credit card charges for the applications they finished checking today.
Probably some workers do the checking a little slower than the others and yours might be in their hands yet.

Please don't lose hope guys. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!