+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

jeffporfirio

Star Member
Nov 27, 2012
Pla said:
Is any one here still waiting for SA? thank you
Don't despair there are a few of us (and most of the Jan 5th applicants) waiting for SA.
I think we just need to be patient. 2017 is going to be tricky for those applicants, as they have 30 days to fill an online form and 10,000 will be chosen randomly. How many will fill the online form? 100 of thousands?

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
:eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/feds-scrap-controversial-first-come-first-serve-parent-visa-application-process-1.3202894

blueboy

Apr 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ElenaRu said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:
http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/feds-scrap-controversial-first-come-first-serve-parent-visa-application-process-1.3202894
Yepp. There is a thread going on already on this http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/ircc-announces-changes-to-the-pgp-application-process-for-2017-t465291.0.html

Pla

Sep 19, 2011
jeffporfirio said:
Don't despair there are a few of us (and most of the Jan 5th applicants) waiting for SA.
I think we just need to be patient. 2017 is going to be tricky for those applicants, as they have 30 days to fill an online form and 10,000 will be chosen randomly. How many will fill the online form? 100 of thousands?
thank you. I was getting worried as I see everyone here is getting visa already. We were asked to provide option c and application to sponsor again ( iam assuming cic lost it) we snt everything back to CIc in june and no response so far.

snapchat

Star Member
Oct 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, can I ask a question please, my ecas shows Decision made on the two sections since last week, but I still didn't get PPR, is it normal ? how long does it take to receive it ? thank you

Pamma97

Aug 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
Jan 5th 2016 - 8.52am Purolator
Doc's Request.
Email on July 6th, 2016- submitted July 12, 2016 via case specific enquiry, Sep 2018 documents requested, PR fees requested Jan 2019
Nomination.....
CC charged March 22, 2016 (Ecase activated April 26, 2016)
AOR Received.
May 16th, 2016 in Mail
File Transfer...
SA Approval on Feb 3, 2017 - transferred to OTTAWA - reassessment requested again March 2018, refused June 4 2018, again requested reassessment on June 20, 2018, SA approved again in Aug 2018
Med's Request
14-05-2018
Med's Done....
26-05-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
05-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
06-02-2019 rcvd pp back on 20/02/2019
LANDED..........
14/03/2019 appointment date for landing
okay so with this new lottery system for intake, all those local courier companies monopoly will be shut forever lol

good move to give everyone fair chance.

ElenaRu

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
skekk said:
In case if someone from Quebec is reading:
I got my QSC by mail on Dec 12th (application received on Sept 1st).
The funny thing is that on Dec 7th I received a letter from Immigration Quebec telling that my file had been opened and that I can ignore the expiry date that CIC gave me for QSC (and that CIC is aware of delays for QSC processing).
What o you mean by the expiry date that CIC gave me for QSC??

Pla

Sep 19, 2011
Hi All, Which name would I use as family name ? Sponsor last name or the applicant last name? also for the birth info it my info or my parent info? any one can help please

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
Forum members...

I NEED YOUR HELP. Last night I received an email asking for my parents medical and NBI and police clearance in UAE. My parents leave in Fort McMurray right now and we learned that it will take us 20 days just to process the request to UAE embassy in Ottawa and they will send it to UAE for the police clearance it self. Counting the number of working days left this year I feel that we will not make it to the deadline by CIC which is 27 January 2017.

Do you have any advice on how we handle this problem? Is there anyone here who have the same case as me.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

My application was:
Received: 5th January 2016
SA approved: 31st August 2016
Started Processing : 8th September 2016
Received Medical: 13th December 2016
and other docs reqs

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iluvbaguio said:
Forum members...

I NEED YOUR HELP. Last night I received an email asking for my parents medical and NBI and police clearance in UAE. My parents leave in Fort McMurray right now and we learned that it will take us 20 days just to process the request to UAE embassy in Ottawa and they will send it to UAE for the police clearance it self. Counting the number of working days left this year I feel that we will not make it to the deadline by CIC which is 27 January 2017.

Do you have any advice on how we handle this problem? Is there anyone here who have the same case as me.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

My application was:
Received: 5th January 2016
SA approved: 31st August 2016
Started Processing : 8th September 2016
Received Medical: 13th December 2016
and other docs reqs
Reply to the request and ask to give you more time for this specific document. I made it for my parent's Certificate from Quebec province

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC
Pla said:
Hi All, Which name would I use as family name ? Sponsor last name or the applicant last name? also for the birth info it my info or my parent info? any one can help please
everything has to be applicant details, nothing about sponsor

iluvbaguio

Mar 12, 2010
skekk said:
Reply to the request and ask to give you more time for this specific document. I made it for my parent's Certificate from Quebec province
Thank you very much skekk...

It is not about quebec requirements.. my parents right now leave in fortmc murray.. they need to get police clearance from Dubai. but the requirement is to have Ottowa office certified the document then send it to Ottawa UAE embassy then send to UAE for police clearance. This will take 30 or more .. working days..

CIC said we have to provide the documents before 27 January 2017.. and we think we will not make it to that deadline..

skekk

Star Member
Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iluvbaguio said:
Thank you very much skekk...

It is not about quebec requirements.. my parents right now leave in fortmc murray.. they need to get police clearance from Dubai. but the requirement is to have Ottowa office certified the document then send it to Ottawa UAE embassy then send to UAE for police clearance. This will take 30 or more .. working days..

CIC said we have to provide the documents before 27 January 2017.. and we think we will not make it to that deadline..
You can ask for an extension of delay to provide any document!