+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Tips for 2016 (Future) PGP Applicants

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
Hello Everyone
I applied for my mom's PR in Jan 2016.
My mom is an Indian citizen but lives in Canada with me on a Super Visa for the last 4 years.
I received the SA yesterday by regular mail (it was dated June 30). It said I was approved as a sponsor and the file has been transferred to NDVO.
I received an email today (July 20) from New Delhi office asking for the below docs :-
RPRF
Police Clearance
Background Declaration form (IMM 5669)
Duly completed Travel Declaration form(IMM 5562E)
Medical Exam (They have mentioned that they will send another email with instructions for the medical exams).

Please can someone answer my below questions:-
The letter does not mention where I need to send all the above docs so how would I know where to send the docs?
Also, do I need to wait for the medical exam instructions and then send all the docs togeter once she has done the med exams?
Will my mom need to get the Police clearance from Canada too since she has been living here for a few years now?

Any help with my above questions will be much appreciated.

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Hi Newbie,
I too got the same email as yours this morning. My parents application is being done by the NDVO also as they are Indians.
Of those documents requested, it states in underlined letters, "only if not already submitted"
I intend to go home and make sure I've submitted these things with the original application.
The only thing pending will be the travel form.
Medical instructions will be sent later they say.
As to where to send it, I think the Sponsorhip address we sent the original documents quoting your UCI number.
My parents had medical 1 month ago for their supervisa, so I hope that will be fine. Can anyone clarify if this is so?

You also say your mom lives with you for 4 years, how did you extend the stay past the obigatory maximum 2 years for the supervisa?
And what do you do for medical insurance during these years?
Regards
Good luck.

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
tucosword said:
Hi Newbie,
I too got the same email as yours this morning. My parents application is being done by the NDVO also as they are Indians.
Of those documents requested, it states in underlined letters, "only if not already submitted"
I intend to go home and make sure I've submitted these things with the original application.
The only thing pending will be the travel form.
Medical instructions will be sent later they say.
As to where to send it, I think the Sponsorhip address we sent the original documents quoting your UCI number.
My parents had medical 1 month ago for their supervisa, so I hope that will be fine. Can anyone clarify if this is so?

You also say your mom lives with you for 4 years, how did you extend the stay past the obigatory maximum 2 years for the supervisa?
And what do you do for medical insurance during these years?

Regards
Good luck.
Hello Tucosword
Thanks for your reply. I did submit the background info with the orig application. So probably I need to only submit the PCC, landing fee, travel form and meds. I am still not sure to what address I need to send the docs though.
My mom lives here with me for the last 4 years but I did not extend the stay. She did exit/ leave Canada after she completed her 2 years stay and went to India for a couple of months and then came back for the next 2 years. I bought a medical insurance for her for every single year from a Canadian insurance company.

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
Felixo said:
I got an email this morning from NDVO for PCC (not medicals). It doesn't state the address to be sent to or the number of days allowed for me to submit the documents. Any idea?? Is it stated in Medicals form
I received the same email this morning too and it does not state the address where we need to send the docs and neither does it give us a time limit. Hope we receive the medical request soon and the complete info is mentioned on it.

Tina16

Jul 20, 2016
sapguru said:
@Tina16
Did CIC send email to you or your mother about the next step?
The email was addressed to my mother but was sent to my email address as that was the one I mentioned on the PR application.

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
The email in my case was sent to my father and he forwarded it to me.

I'm uncertain about the police clearance. I'd sent on with the application in January 2016.
In this email they write, "only if not already submitted"..
Do we need new ones then? Unclear. And as for the address, I'm not too sure, especially as this is the New Delhi office.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
tucosword said:
The email in my case was sent to my father and he forwarded it to me.
Good call!

tucosword said:
I'm uncertain about the police clearance. I'd sent on with the application in January 2016.
In this email they write, "only if not already submitted"..
Do we need new ones then? Unclear. And as for the address, I'm not too sure, especially as this is the New Delhi office.
I think the email could be generic for first timer or repeater on PCC. Since you may not have submitted a PCC already, you may get one. I suppose there is a time limit to submit the PCC and any other document.

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
see below

"In order to expedite the processing of your application, we are requesting that you provide the following as soon as possible:

· Proof of payment of your Right of Permanent Resident Fee (landing fee) to our office in Mississauga or by your sponsor in Canada, if not already paid. Note: dependent children are not required to pay the Right of Permanent Resident Fee.

· Submission of police clearance certificates for you and all dependent family members who are 18 years or older, for time spent in any country for a period of 6 months or more, if not already submitted. Note: If you or your family members were under 18 years of age (16 years of age in certain jurisdictions) for the entire time you lived in a particular country, you do not need to provide a police certificate for that country.

· Submission of a Schedule A – Background/Declaration form (IMM 5669), for you and all dependent family members, where question 8 – Personal History and question 12 – Addresses, cover the entire period since the age of 18, leaving no gaps, if not already submitted with answers covering this entire period.

· A duly completed Travel Information Form. The form can be found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5562E.pdf

· You and your family members who are included in this application must undergo complete medical examinations. You will receive a separate e-mail with instructions for medical examination for you and your dependants, whether accompanying or not. The issuance of medical instructions does not constitute final acceptance of your application."

it also goes on to say :

"PLEASE RETURN A COPY OF THIS LETTER WITH THE REQUESTED DOCUMENTS. This request is not a guarantee of visa issuance. If any other documents have been requested you must also comply with that request. Failure to comply with the request may result in the refusal of your application."

The key phrase is "if not already submitted.
I did this with the original application.

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
My SA was approved and the case is transferred to CPC-Ottawa. This was communicated in an email by CIC.

My parents had an address from India on their application.

They will be visiting me in Canada on SV for next 4 months. For this duration, can I update their "Mailing Address" on CPC to Canada address? This is to ensure that they receive communication in correct address and on right time. They have also added their email address on the application.

In what scenario does the CIC send a letter vs email for PCC/Medical to the applicant?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
tucosword said:
The key phrase is "if not already submitted.
I did this with the original application.
If you notice, they have mentioned "if not submitted already" for all the information that they are requesting - Fee, Background check, PCC. So I am assuming the notice is generic.

tucosword

Star Member
Apr 28, 2016
Thanks for your reply Sapguru.
I guess the dilemma I have, is to decide if the PCC I already submitted will be fine or get a new one.

As for the mailing address conundrum, hmmmm I too will be in that boat soon.
So far they have contacted us via email(my parents), and me by physical address here in Canada.
You could update it, then re-update it when the 4 months is over?

sapguru

Jul 16, 2010
Toronto
LANDED..........
16-08-2009
tucosword said:
Thanks for your reply Sapguru.
I guess the dilemma I have, is to decide if the PCC I already submitted will be fine or get a new one.
Did you already submit one PCC? I think PCC was not required when the PGP Application was filed.