+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline - TRV - Visitor visa from USA

r_ca

Mar 7, 2022
Hello,

Sharing the timeline of our Canadian visitor visa from USA (Indian citizen)

Feb 14: Submitted application online
Feb 15: Received biometrics letter
No appointments available at USCIS ASC nearby, so we had book it in a different center away from home
Feb 28: Biometrics completed
March 2: Original passport request letter
March 3: Sent passports through VFS to LA (Would recommend VFS shipping label for faster service)
March 8: IRCC Account updated to approved
March 10: Received stamped passports

Reactions: GpN and coral123

siroccoon

Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-05-2013
Med's Request
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
Thanks for sharing. My passport (after I received the passport request) was sent to NY VAC on Mar,1st but still haven't received it back. I paid shipping labels through VFS. This is the response when I submitted a query with VFS.

Dear Customer,
Your courier package vide AWB# XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX containing your Canada visa application documentation has been received at the visa application Centre in New York but yet to be verified. It will be reviewed and forwarded to the Consulate provided it does not have any deficiencies. Information on processing times can be found on IRCC website.

Do you get an email after your return Fedex label was generated by VFS?

r_ca

Mar 7, 2022
Thanks for sharing. My passport (after I received the passport request) was sent to NY VAC on Mar,1st but still haven't received it back. I paid shipping labels through VFS. This is the response when I submitted a query with VFS.

Dear Customer,
Your courier package vide AWB# XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX containing your Canada visa application documentation has been received at the visa application Centre in New York but yet to be verified. It will be reviewed and forwarded to the Consulate provided it does not have any deficiencies. Information on processing times can be found on IRCC website.

Do you get an email after your return Fedex label was generated by VFS?
Yes you will get an email when VFS sends your passport back to you, the email will be from FedEx.

GpN

Mar 27, 2022
Hello,

Sharing the timeline of our Canadian visitor visa from USA (Indian citizen)

Feb 14: Submitted application online
Feb 15: Received biometrics letter
No appointments available at USCIS ASC nearby, so we had book it in a different center away from home
Feb 28: Biometrics completed
March 2: Original passport request letter
March 3: Sent passports through VFS to LA (Would recommend VFS shipping label for faster service)
March 8: IRCC Account updated to approved
March 10: Received stamped passports
Visitor visa (Indian citizen) applied from US
Application submitted - 4th march
Biometric collection letter - 5th march
Biometrics completed - 8th march
BVL - 11th march
no updates after this

aspirecanada2021

Star Member
Jul 15, 2021
India
@r_ca

I am getting confused for using the two way courier service for visitor visa (TRV) stamping in USA for my father. My father's visa has been approved and I need to send the passport for visa stamping. Can people who have used it or know about the it shed some light?

After going to the link https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/additional-services and clicking to the registered user link for 2 way courier services, I created login for my father. After logging in

1. Here on the left side of screen, I have to click on "Buy Two way Courier FedEx labels" . After clicking on it.
2. The screen asks to Select Center and to select application category. I choose "Los Angeles", however the selection for application category is confusing me. There the options to be chosen are "Original Passport Submission" or "PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) or "Temporary Resident Visa"

My question is which option should I choose for TRV stamping? We have to send the passport to VFS for TRV stamping ---- should we select "Original Passport Submission" or "Temporary Resident Visa"? Can somebody clarify please???

siroccoon

Feb 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2013
AOR Received.
24-05-2013
Med's Request
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
24-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
30-04-2014
LANDED..........
01-03-2015
@r_ca

I am getting confused for using the two way courier service for visitor visa (TRV) stamping in USA for my father. My father's visa has been approved and I need to send the passport for visa stamping. Can people who have used it or know about the it shed some light?

After going to the link https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/additional-services and clicking to the registered user link for 2 way courier services, I created login for my father. After logging in

1. Here on the left side of screen, I have to click on "Buy Two way Courier FedEx labels" . After clicking on it.
2. The screen asks to Select Center and to select application category. I choose "Los Angeles", however the selection for application category is confusing me. There the options to be chosen are "Original Passport Submission" or "PRTD (Permanent Resident Travel Document) or "Temporary Resident Visa"

My question is which option should I choose for TRV stamping? We have to send the passport to VFS for TRV stamping ---- should we select "Original Passport Submission" or "Temporary Resident Visa"? Can somebody clarify please???
Select 'Original Passport submission'

r_ca

Mar 7, 2022
@r_ca

Its Original passport submission

noname7

Star Member
Apr 25, 2018
Visitor visa (Indian citizen) applied from US
Application submitted - 4th march
Biometric collection letter - 5th march
Biometrics completed - 8th march
BVL - 11th march
no updates after this
How were you able to complete biometrics in 3 days? I just got a biometrics letter and all over the US the appointments are 3 weeks out.