Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
Transferred to ottawa in Nov 2012,transferred to ISB july 2013
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Should I count my days from the date I applied online or from the date I gave my biometric?

I applied on 15 April
Gave biometric on 12 may

I gave my biometric v late because I had to travel to another country to give my biometrics. I'm just worried because its taking so long..should I count the days from the day i gave biometric?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Visas for applicants who have to give biometrics take much longer than visas of those who don't.
Processing time for our country is 37 days yet because we had to give biometrics my husband's visa took almost 2 months to be issued. we gave biometrics few days after we received the letter.
No need to worry.

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
But in my letter I stated that's only want to visit for one month i.e 31 may to 1 July because of univeristy semester I have to get back to my home county before 1 July...does that mean they will reject it cz they don't v enough time to process it?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not necessarily. If they want to grant you a visa, they will regardless of the dates you mentioned in your application.
It happened to me few years back. I mentioned that I was going to attend a family function in Canada at a certain date. My visa was issued few weeks past the function. I was not able to attend. I used the visa later.

APAK

Nov 7, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa/islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2012
File Transfer...
LANDED..........
cannot wait!!
Hmmm okay thanks a lot bonitaelada..

Thanks for the reply. One more question , I keep getting emails to check my MyCIC account but when I do , there r no updates..should I email cic and tell them abt this problem?

bonitaellada

Jul 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no need to email.
Many of us here are getting emails about updates and there was no updates when we open the account.
Just be patient and keep on checking your account. Eventually you will get the updates and hopefully your visa approved.