+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for PNP Applicants for onlyNew Delhi Visa Office (2012-2013)

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
Hi Dipan - I dont have that much money to buy car immediately. First of all, I still havent got any salary. A decent and cheap car will be min $3000. You can get some car even in $800, but dont know how well it will run. Moreover, more than car, the important things that are coming to mind is a proper house where kids school, grocery is near bcoz when i go to office, I dont want my wife to depend on me. She has to take care of house things. A decent house is min $900-$1000. Here the rule is u need to pay 2 months rent. So, as soon as I take a house, I need to pay atleast $2000 (1000*2).

Another thing is - need to get Ontario DL first. After that only, you can buy a car. We cannot buy car with Indian DL. with Indian DL, you can atmost take a rented car and drive (assuming you know Canadian driving rules).

So, be prepared to struggle for the first 6 months (even with job it will be little tough). Slowly, things will improve. Of all, winter is the most painful factor. It will literally make you cry.

So bring - 2 Thermal wear for your family from India. After coming here, you need to buy 1 very thick jacket, woollen socks and snow boots. Ofcourse, by the time u come, winter may be reducing, but by next December, we need to buy these things. Our Indian shoes, our chappals are all waste here. Pls throw them and come.

-Vineet

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
This is how people do here -

Buy 2 shoes - one Snow boots and one normal formal shoes.

Keep formal shoes in office cupboard. Wear snow boots till office. After reaching office, remove snow boots and wear formal shoes and keep snow boots in cupboard. In the evening while coming home, remove formal shoes and keep in cupboard, take out snow boots and wear them and come home.

This is how I am also doing daily. Cannot walk with our India shoes. They will shred into pieces in just 2 days if you walk with them on snow.

Needless to say - you will have to amputate your leg as well (if u wear Indian shoes), since it will catch frost bite and will freeze and die w/o blood circulation.

dipanchokshi

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ vineet
You are absolutely right for upcoming expenses. Thank you so much for such useful information.
Regards

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
ssa mittro !!

Ki haal chal nay sabb de?

Aaj di ki nami taji hai?

hsharma

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
vineethere said:
Good morning friends - How are things going? I am fine here and busy at work and trying to settle down. The winter is still there and is very painful. Just for the winter, I feel Canada is a real PAIN in the ass. Its unbearable sometimes. I dont have car, so need to travel by walk, bus always and its very painful in winter. Sometimes, I feel whether I will be able to adjust to this damn weather which stays for almost 6-7 months. Toronto is still better they say. Places like Alberta, Manitaba are more than double chill. Just cannot step out w/o car. To buy a car will take atleast 6 more months.

I joined a Driving school here so that I can take the Driving certificate which has discount in Car insurance. Office work is ok.. hectic sometimes. Trying to make a good impression, otherwise ppl are ok.

My bad luck was - as soon as I landed, within 3-4 days, I fell sick with cold and fever. Had bodyache, etc. Took medicines and then luckily became ok in 2 days. Guys - let me tell u one thing - in this -15 to -20 C winter, sala apna Indian medicine kuch kaam nahi karta hai... Vicks, DCOLD, etc are waste here. You can put in toilet and flush it. Need Real strong Canadian medicine whcih is what I took and became ok immediately.

I am really scared about the winter... friends - meri phat ke haath mei aa gayi...really..!!! Oh.. god... what weather is this....!! :(

Hey Dipan/Sid - how are u man!! Hope you are getting ready for travel. All the best....
Himanshuji - hope you are good too. You are almost there and pls be ready for travel anytime.
raman, sjramu, sudhakar, ttrajan, Bindu786 and all other dear ones - take care and I really wish all of you a speedy DM and Visa. Wish you a bright future in Canada.

Take care,
Vineet
Thanks vineet bahi for your wishes....with the grace of good I am sure will get visa soon...

Your information is very useful for our those friends those have planned to fly in next month or after that....as I have mentioned in forum earlier aswell....we need to be very strong in first 2 year atlest and do as much as hard work we can do...after that we will be enjoying good life in canada.....

Winters .... Now the part of our life....initially we all will find it worst but after that....you guys know...we and our body and our life will use to it....

I would say enjoy this difficult time as we all enjoyed our wait for visas togather.....it will be more fruitful and sweet....

BEST OF LUCK.......

Himanshu

MR. SIDHU

Jan 30, 2014
LAND OF FIVE RIVERS
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/02/2012
AOR Received.
23/06/2013
File Transfer...
18/01/2014 to NDVO & 03/03/2014 to COLOMBO
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Sharma ji ssa !!
How are you?

Tuhadi file kithe takk pahunchi?

hsharma

Star Member
Oct 15, 2013
MR. SIDHU said:
Sharma ji ssa !!
How are you?

Tuhadi file kithe takk pahunchi?
SSA. Sidhu saab..

22 ji bs visa lagna reh gaya passport te...3est saab ho gaya....ohda he wait kari jane aaaaa....

Age piche waliyan da lag gaya....asi wich latke hoye aaaa.....wait wait wait wait bs hor ki...

REST I AN FINE....Tusi sunao...

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kuldeepwaraich said:
do they provide any tracking number after dispatch
i have submitted pps through courier
'

hi ,

after DM they will not give any dispatch number and always +ve.
if there is any thing they will never ask for MR or Resi fee, or if they found any thing they always issue the re-medical

thanks

kuldeepwaraich

Jul 1, 2013
thanks
one thing more anyone can suggest size of envelope in which passports come?
I have called RMS office they are saying that they have 7 passports of our post office,but they cannot open the bag as it is sealed

gurhehar

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
kuldeepwaraich said:
thanks
one thing more anyone can suggest size of envelope in which passports come?
I have called RMS office they are saying that they have 7 passports of our post office,but they cannot open the bag as it is sealed
Kuldeepji, don`t panic..Waheguru sab theek karenge, bharosa banai rakho.you will get pp anytime now with the maple leaf.

gurhehar

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Hi Dipanbhai,
yesterday, one line was added to my ecas -medical recieved.please update, but main line is still application recieved.