+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for PNP Applicants for onlyNew Delhi Visa Office (2012-2013)

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
Hi Longwait - May I know what letter your name starts (if u don't want to give full name here, pls PM me)??

THe reason I ask is - you are the only one person on 25th June 2nd AOR from NDVO who has got PPR so far. I am just wondering if they process the files in Alphabetical order in that day?? For eg., my name starts with letter "V", which means mine may come towards the last of that bundle?? (Mine also is 25th June AOR from NDVO under OPNP).

Since yours has come first, I am guessing your name starts from the starting letters of English like - "A-E or F... ". Am I right?

(Trying to guess when I might receive PPR, desperately waiting.... )

-Vineet

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
One more person DrewM also received whose AOR is 25th June.

raman1

Mar 28, 2013
vineethere.

I am Manitoba PNP nominated under Business class and same whose second is same with you as my 2nd AOR is of 25th June .

I would like to have some experiance as u have gone on Open Work permit there.

How can I get in touch with you I am from New Delhi can we get in touch on mail or phone

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
Hi Raman - To be honest, I would say that CIC should stop giving OWP. This is a total waste of money and time. Many companies here still don't know what an OWP is. Can you believe that the day I landed in Toronto airport, the immigration officer (she was a very nice lady no doubt) didn't know how to handle OWP arrivals? She didn't know what stamping she should put in my passport. She then talked to her colleagues, checked CIC website (I assume they have access to special info - not the general CIC website) and then finally gave me a 2 yr permit!!! :)

.. and you know what.. my OWP stamping from NDVO was in April 2013, so I should be getting permit till only April 2015 (2 yrs). But, in the airport, the lady herself asked me -"so I should give you from April or the day you landed? (I landed in Oct 2013). I said (jokingly to her!!), give me from Oct (the day I landed). So, she gave till Oct 2013 to OCt 2015..!!!! :D (by that 15 mins, she was nicely talking to me).

Have you heard anywhere immigration officer asking the immigrant - "Bhaiya - bata tere ko kinta saal ka permit chaiye??"

My experience with OWP has not been good so far. Job wise, I see no dearth of jobs. Its not very bright, but not very bad either. One can get jobs anywhere from 2 weeks to 4-5 months, depending on skills. For my skill set, if I had the PR, I would've got job in a month. I am getting many interview calls, but when I tell I have Open WP, they reply back saying "Oh.. sorry.. our company wants only PR or Citizens"!!!

THe CIC hasn't made any attempt to create awareness among companies that there is another option to take ppl - Open Work Permit. Many of the newcomer services don't have anything for a person having OWP (they have lot of free settlement programs for PR folks).

So, I suggest- you better come on PR, not on OWP. Come only if you have excess cash (like me!!! :( ) and want to just explore the job market, place, etc. For me, the experience of coming on OWP was not all waste. I learnt many important skills that I lack which are in demand here and I now know what and how to get them in India. So, I am actually planning to return back (that's why waiting for PPR). As soon as I get PPR, I will come back, send the passport to NDVO and do some courses/certifications in India (they are 10% of the cost of the same in Canada). Hopefully, by then if I get PR stamped, I will come again on PR and this time very well prepared for the market and attack exactly at the point where I know I will get good jobs...

It was not all waste for me. See, how much ever you Google or email or talk to friends/relatives in Canada, the real experience of job market/culture that is related exactly to YOUR skill, can be known if your are physically present here. You cannot do that on Google.

May be, that's why they are giving OWP, I think. More than getting jobs, its for your to explore, whether the country/culture suits you REALLY (not on Google). If in the process, you get good job, then very well and good...!!!

My 2 cents above...

-Vineet

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
I sent a PM to you on my contact details.

raman1

Mar 28, 2013
Thank you very much for your mail.

First of all i Wish you Happy Diwali for your and full family.May LUXMI GODESS bring prosperity in life for -ever.

As I told you I am coming there indend business class and indent to do business.

So I wish to come there soon to under stand the business systems and climate which take time.

Rest I will mail you.

Thanking you

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
Great.. paaji.. thanks and with you and all members of this forum a very happy Diwali!! (although, here I don't even feel like Diwali and its one of the driest Diwali in my entire life. I have never been without family on Diwali day, but today is that day in my life..!!! :(

Thanks again for the wishes.. it was very nice of you!!

Also, if you start any business, pls do keep me in mind for any job openings in your business....!!! :) ;)

-VIneet

punjabi

Apr 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vineethere said:
Hi Raman - To be honest, I would say that CIC should stop giving OWP. This is a total waste of money and time. Many companies here still don't know what an OWP is. Can you believe that the day I landed in Toronto airport, the immigration officer (she was a very nice lady no doubt) didn't know how to handle OWP arrivals? She didn't know what stamping she should put in my passport. She then talked to her colleagues, checked CIC website (I assume they have access to special info - not the general CIC website) and then finally gave me a 2 yr permit!!! :)

.. and you know what.. my OWP stamping from NDVO was in April 2013, so I should be getting permit till only April 2015 (2 yrs). But, in the airport, the lady herself asked me -"so I should give you from April or the day you landed? (I landed in Oct 2013). I said (jokingly to her!!), give me from Oct (the day I landed). So, she gave till Oct 2013 to OCt 2015..!!!! :D (by that 15 mins, she was nicely talking to me).

Have you heard anywhere immigration officer asking the immigrant - "Bhaiya - bata tere ko kinta saal ka permit chaiye??"

My experience with OWP has not been good so far. Job wise, I see no dearth of jobs. Its not very bright, but not very bad either. One can get jobs anywhere from 2 weeks to 4-5 months, depending on skills. For my skill set, if I had the PR, I would've got job in a month. I am getting many interview calls, but when I tell I have Open WP, they reply back saying "Oh.. sorry.. our company wants only PR or Citizens"!!!

THe CIC hasn't made any attempt to create awareness among companies that there is another option to take ppl - Open Work Permit. Many of the newcomer services don't have anything for a person having OWP (they have lot of free settlement programs for PR folks).

So, I suggest- you better come on PR, not on OWP. Come only if you have excess cash (like me!!! :( ) and want to just explore the job market, place, etc. For me, the experience of coming on OWP was not all waste. I learnt many important skills that I lack which are in demand here and I now know what and how to get them in India. So, I am actually planning to return back (that's why waiting for PPR). As soon as I get PPR, I will come back, send the passport to NDVO and do some courses/certifications in India (they are 10% of the cost of the same in Canada). Hopefully, by then if I get PR stamped, I will come again on PR and this time very well prepared for the market and attack exactly at the point where I know I will get good jobs...

It was not all waste for me. See, how much ever you Google or email or talk to friends/relatives in Canada, the real experience of job market/culture that is related exactly to YOUR skill, can be known if your are physically present here. You cannot do that on Google.

May be, that's why they are giving OWP, I think. More than getting jobs, its for your to explore, whether the country/culture suits you REALLY (not on Google). If in the process, you get good job, then very well and good...!!!

My 2 cents above...

-Vineet

Well.... Now truth is always bitter....i already under goes with these conditions.....you all guys are say i am discourage you all of them....... Free advice always waste...

Owp is is the worst than worst.....no body ready to give the job on OWP...if u r on PR then u have the options u can studies there and chooses the right way.....india experience is zero here..... U have to start it fron initial..

Gud luck guys.....keep dreaming......no body change truth.......

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
Don't agree with you fully brother.

Like I said earlier, it not totally waste.. if I come on PR, I will do the same struggle that time. So, its better I did now and saved time actually... Yes, there may be little more interview chances, but as I said... I lack some skills here, which are in demand. That I plan to complete in India, take certifications (they are internationally accepted). Mind you, I am talking about Professional Certifications, not BSc, MCA college degrees. Atleast, in my field no one cares what you studied back in India. No one asked me - "give me Canadian equivalent of your degree".

Depends on how you see it - if you have extra cash, no harm in checking out. Rather than bringing all family and struggling, I came alone and found out where I stand. Now, I will come well prepared... and now I have the courage to bring family also next time.

-Vineet

rashpalwarwal

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Abohar/Punjab
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9 september 2012
Doc's Request.
3Dec 2012,, sponsor Canadian passport copy
Nomination.....
21 Jan 2013
AOR Received.
22 May 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted along with MPNP Application online
File Transfer...
19 June 2013
Med's Request
27 Sep 2013
Med's Done....
9 Oct 2013
Passport Req..
27 Sep 2013
Dear All Forum Members, "wishing u a very happy Diwali."

"The sun does not shine there, nor do the moon and the stars, nor do lightning shine? All the Diyas of the world cannot be compared even to a ray of the inner light of the Self. Merge yourself in this light of lights and enjoy the Happy Diwali."

wishing for all forum members this Diwali brings gud news for their visa Processing .

Best Regards
Rashpal Singh Warwal

cad_pnp

Oct 23, 2013
Thanks for the insight.

I was nominated for OPNP and have filed for OWP along with PR application recently.

Could you please tell me under which NOC code you had applied ? Mine is 2171.

I am hoping that getting a job would be easier for IT professionals. Any comments ?

Thanks

vineethere said:

My 2 cents above...

-Vineet

roxxane

Star Member
Oct 14, 2012
vineethere said:

My 2 cents above...

-Vineet

Hi Vineet,

Good to see your calculations and discovery within 25 days of Landing in Canada. Yes I agree with you that it’s worth visiting Canada for the first time to understand the Job Market, Networking with recruiter and understanding the culture but leaving well settled Indian IT job for this adventure (OWP travel) is not worth and that's the reason we shared our experience with you well in advance.. OWP is best for those who want to reunite with their spouse(who is already working and staying in Canada) and can support the family together.

Have you checked any Contractual jobs there which you have noticed while you were in INDIA?

One more thing, When you fly back to India, you will definitely start getting mails from recruiter for interview as this is now happening with me. Better to stay there till the time you receive PPR request and plan accordingly for your next move..

Happy diwali to all forum members and good luck ahead!

Cheers,
Roxxane

vineethere

Jun 4, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
27-09-2012
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
25-06-2013
Med's Request
25-11-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
Waived I think....
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2014
LANDED..........
11-02-2014
Hi Roxxane - Yes. You are right. I too sometimes feel, I should not have come, but I jumped into this when the strike was going on. I was not sure, till when the strike will go and when PR will come. I thought, atleast i have OWP, let me go and see. If strike was not there or had got over soon, then I would've got PR and would've come on PR directly. All this happened in the month of July, when I resigned in India, when there was no signs of strike getting over.

I know, many members in this form told. But, what I was confident was - atleast contract jobs of 6months or 8 months, I should get. For a contract job of 8 months, how does it matter whether I am PR or OWP holder?? Anyway, my contract will end after 8 months. But, to my surprise, even some of Contract jobs are asking PR, which I really did not understand the logic.

Yes, like I said.. I am waiting for PPR, after that I will start from here. One more thing is - I am not confident of sending passport thru courier, etc. Better, I will only take.

-Vineet