+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for PNP Applicants for onlyNew Delhi Visa Office (2012-2013)

rane

Star Member
Nov 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-12-2012
Nomination.....
05-10-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
IELTS Request
13-12-2012
Med's Request
16-07-2013
Med's Done....
27-07-2013
Passport Req..
Hopefully soon!!
VISA ISSUED...
Hopefully soon!!
LANDED..........
As soon as I receive the magical maple sticker!!
Heartiest Congratulations Victory123!! Have a beautiful life in Canada :)

Below are some tips/suggestions from myself and my wife,
I'm not sure if u have been to USA/Canada before, with my experience I would like to pass on a few shopping tips/suggestions :). Per my experience its waste of our hard earned money to shop in India. I'm currently in USA and have lived in Canada for 2 years sometime back. Before travelling to Canada, I had like everyone else shopped a galore from brands like westside, max, lifestyle etc. but most of the clothes shrunk after washing/drying in machines in US/Canada.

We majorly shop for is clothes, shoes, women shop for cosmetics n purses. I strongly recommend to everyone who travel to US/Canada on long term, to not shop a lot in India. Indian clothes (even branded ones) have a higher % of cotton blend which when washed and dried in washers and dryers in US/Canada shrink/lose shape. They really look ugly when worn and eventually we put them aside and buy new ones there. You could buy synthetic clothing which may be useful and live longer. Also, you could buy traditional clothing which usually being expensive (having embroidery etc) is hand washed and hang-dried so they escape the washer and drier treatment. In woolens, buy just sweaters/shawls/throws in India. Light/heavy jackets, woolen caps, mufflers, hand gloves etc, you should shop in US/Canada as the ones available here, are manufactured based on the requirements to stand these harsh winters. Even thick jackets bought in India would not stand the winters of US/Canada. Same is applicable to shoes, open shoes can be used only for a 2-3 months in a year (buy minimum pairs), rest of the year you would use closed shoes as its pretty windy and cold. Come winters and you would need snow shoes which can be got in US/Canada. Indian expensive winter shoes are just not sufficient in these harsh winters.

India being not all that cheap anymore(any good quality branded clothing is not less than Rs. 1200-1400, shoes 3-4k minimum) its best to buy your requirements in US/Canada. Another aspect is, even after paying so much in India you would not get export quality goods in local/branded stores in India. Whereas at the same price you get superior export quality stuff in US/Canada though they are made in India/Vietnam/Bangladesh/Pakistan/China but of export quality. You will see the difference in the quality for yourself when you buy in US/Canada. You can get excellent quality sweatshirts/sweatpants/sweaters/scarfs/caps/socks/hand gloves/throws/shirts/casual pants/womens tops/jeans/trousers etc. etc. for 10-25$, there would be many buy one get one offers for winter wear, jackets are not all that expensive too. In India u would pay nearly 5-8k for a woolen coat/jacket, here you would get them at a lesser/same price but more variety, better quality and definitely suitable for these cold temperatures. We shop in India spending minimum 70-100k anticipating to save money on these items when we land in US/Canada, but my personal experience is all that money goes waste due to the factors I mentioned above. Women get good purses for 20-50$ which is as good as Rs. 1200-3000 and again they are as per the USA/Canadian trend/fashion, same goes with their shoes and cosmetics. Brands like Aeropostale/Old Navy/JCPenny etc have good stuff at reasonable rates in US/Canada.

You could invest in some important kitchen items, eg. a branded good pressure cooker costs anything between $80-280 in US/Canada. And again, minimum you would get is 5-8 ltrs. Smaller ones like 1/2/3 ltr cookers which we get in India are not easily available here. Non-stick cookware set of 5 utensils+lids cost anything between $100-250. Mixer-Grinder which works on 100v (eg., BOSS mixer-grinder costs Rs. 2500/- & works on 100v), in US/Canada you get only juicers. You do not get grinders which can grind Indian masalas, lentils, grains etc. You could find some grinders on Amazon but they cost no less than $120. Also, usually they have just 1 big jar which is not suitable for small quantity grinding. You could think of getting such items from India if you like. Talk to your family/relatives/friends in US/Canada and have their advise on your shopping.

One of my friend who immigrated to Australia used India Post to move his stuff to Australia. India Post has some cargo which costs Rs. 7000 for a 20kg box. You need to pack your stuff and drop it at the post and the foreign country's local post would deliver it to your doorstep in respective foreign lands. In this friend's case, he received everything intact in 2 weeks time at his doorstep in Sydney, Australia. You could enquire/explore this option whenever you want to move more stuff as your airfare would permit max of 46kg per passenger and you would experience that its not enough when you are moving permanently :).

Above is my experience and perspective, others may have a different views/perspectives to this major and important transition. I saw that you are going to go on a shopping spree :), so these are some two cents from my side :). Happy Shopping!!

deepakkatoch

Nov 23, 2012
JAMMU
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2011
Doc's Request.
05-09-2012
Nomination.....
20-09-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012 ( CIO)
File Transfer...
14-02-2013 (AOR NDVO )
Med's Request
06-03-2013
Med's Done....
12-03-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
06-03-2013 / Passport Sent 16-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made on Oct 31st 2013 / Visa Issue Date : Oct 28th 2013 / Passports Received date : Nov 8th 2013
LANDED..........
Dec 16 2013
rane said:

I'm not sure if u have been to USA/Canada before, with my experience I would like to pass on a few shopping tips/suggestions :). Per my experience its waste of our hard earned money to shop in India. I'm currently in USA and have lived in Canada for 2 years sometime back. Before travelling to Canada, I had like everyone else shopped a galore from brands like westside, max, lifestyle etc. but most of the clothes shrunk after washing/drying in machines in US/Canada.

We majorly shop for is clothes, shoes, women shop for cosmetics n purses. I strongly recommend to everyone who travel to US/Canada on long term, to not shop a lot in India. Indian clothes (even branded ones) have a higher % of cotton blend which when washed and dried in washers and dryers in US/Canada shrink/lose shape. They really look ugly when worn and eventually we put them aside and buy new ones there. You could buy synthetic clothing which may be useful and live longer. Also, you could buy traditional clothing which usually being expensive (having embroidery etc) is hand washed and hang-dried so they escape the washer and drier treatment. In woolens, buy just sweaters/shawls/throws in India. Light/heavy jackets, woolen caps, mufflers, hand gloves etc, you should shop in US/Canada as the ones available here, are manufactured based on the requirements to stand these harsh winters. Even thick jackets bought in India would not stand the winters of US/Canada. Same is applicable to shoes, open shoes can be used only for a 2-3 months in a year (buy minimum pairs), rest of the year you would use closed shoes as its pretty windy and cold. Come winters and you would need snow shoes which can be got in US/Canada. Indian expensive winter shoes are just not sufficient in these harsh winters.

India being not all that cheap anymore(any good quality branded clothing is not less than Rs. 1200-1400, shoes 3-4k minimum) its best to buy your requirements in US/Canada. Another aspect is, even after paying so much in India you would not get export quality goods in local/branded stores in India. Whereas at the same price you get superior export quality stuff in US/Canada though they are made in India/Vietnam/Bangladesh/Pakistan/China but of export quality. You will see the difference in the quality for yourself when you buy in US/Canada. You can get excellent quality sweatshirts/sweatpants/sweaters/scarfs/caps/socks/hand gloves/throws/shirts/casual pants/womens tops/jeans/trousers etc. etc. for 10-25$, there would be many buy one get one offers for winter wear, jackets are not all that expensive too. In India u would pay nearly 5-8k for a woolen coat/jacket, here you would get them at a lesser/same price but more variety, better quality and definitely suitable for these cold temperatures. We shop in India spending minimum 70-100k anticipating to save money on these items when we land in US/Canada, but my personal experience is all that money goes waste due to the factors I mentioned above. Women get good purses for 20-50$ which is as good as Rs. 1200-3000 and again they are as per the USA/Canadian trend/fashion, same goes with their shoes and cosmetics. Brands like Aeropostale/Old Navy/JCPenny etc have good stuff at reasonable rates in US/Canada.

You could invest in some important kitchen items, eg. a branded good pressure cooker costs anything between $80-280 in US/Canada. Non-stick cookware set of 5 utensils+lids cost anything between $100-250. Mixer-Grinder which works on 100v (eg., BOSS mixer-grinder costs Rs. 2500/- & works on 100v), in US/Canada you get only juicers. You do not get grinders which can grind Indian masalas, lentils, grains etc. You could find some grinders on Amazon but they cost no less than $120. Also, usually they have just 1 big jar which is not suitable for small quantity grinding. You could think of getting such items from India if you like. Talk to your family/relatives/friends in US/Canada and have their advise on your shopping.

One of my friend who immigrated to Australia used India Post to move his stuff to Australia. India Post has some cargo which costs Rs. 7000 for a 20kg box. You need to pack your stuff and drop it at the post and the foreign country's local post would deliver it to your doorstep in respective foreign lands. You could enquire/explore this option whenever you want to move more stuff as your airfare would permit max of 46kg per passenger and you would experience that its not enough when you are moving permanently :).

Above is my experience and perspective, others may have a different views/perspectives to this major and important transition. I saw that you are going to go on a shopping spree :), so these are some two cents from my side :). Happy Shopping!!
Thats really a helpful quote for everyone Mr. Rane .. Good job and thanks for sharing this wonderful experience of urs with everyone . This will save lot of money for us and yes you are absolutely correct that our best winter clothes also will be of no use in canada's winters . Our clothes will get useless there ... So its better to buy less clothes and shoes from India .

+1 for you brother .. 8)

Thanks and Regards
Deepak .

Gat

Mar 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
First week of February 2012
Doc's Request.
No Additional docs Requested But I Submitted Thrice
Nomination.....
LOA Second week of February 2013
AOR Received.
AOR from CIO Third week of june 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted along with MPNP Application
File Transfer...
3rd week of july 2013
Med's Request
Soon with God Grace
Med's Done....
Soon with God Grace
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Soon with God Grace
VISA ISSUED...
Soon with God Grace
LANDED..........
Soon with God Grace
Thats true rene same trajidy happen with me to in usa I bought some cotton clothes from india same shit happened those all shrunked when I washed them I felt so bad anyway thanks to inform everyone about it

chiragpatel144

Dec 10, 2012
india
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO-COLOMBO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17/5/2012
Nomination.....
29/12/2012
AOR Received.
26/2/2013
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
25/6/2013 then colombo 19/11/2013
Med's Request
5/2/2014
Med's Done....
6/2/2014
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
14/3/2014
VISA ISSUED...
22/3/2014
LANDED..........
11/4/2014
Thanks rane now i will minimize my expence for shopping here in india as u told i have already save 1 lakh for shopping but now i will take it in canada for shopping

dipanchokshi

Dec 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
victory123 said:
Hello all,
After all the waiting and waiting. The moment finally arrived today.

I, today, received passports with visas encrypted on those and COPR's.

Now, I am getting anxious and worried for leaving my home where I passed my life.
Thanks everybody on this forum for wishing and supporting all the way through. I pray for all the members for faster and positive updates.

Thanks & Regards.....
Congrats buddy. All the best.

vsingh89

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
garchasaab06 said:
Hello Man on the Moon and others i have applied for MPNP in April 2013 i am waiting for Medicals, i want to know when u guys got medicals did they request for any extras document like salary slip, statements or any other things, bcoz i am not maintaining balance in bank from last few months bcoz my company give me cash and i dont have bank a/c, can give just salary slip but not bank statement.

One more thing is i had shown 7 lakhs cash in my a/c while filing for PR and i removed imediatley after that till now i did not maintained that, do i need to deposit it rite now r should i wait for Medicals so that if they request to show the amount then i can deposit the amount n show it, Plzzz let me know do they call to bank for verification or they just work on document we had sumbitted it.

no they dndt ask for other document if u have submitted ealter

PLzz Kindly Help me and let me know wat i have to do..

vsingh89

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
aniket said:
Hey people... Want to share happiest moment .. yesterday :D :D i collected my passport with a shining PR stamp on it and CORP from CIC New delhi in person... I asked the lady who gave me the passport about working now... She said CIC New delhi is on full pace now... So atleast people who have allready deposited there passport can expect good news soon.... Its my sincere pray to god for everyone who is a part of this forum, who were with eachother... Supporting eachother... Should get there visas soon and post there smilling face on this forum.... God bless you all.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
hi aniket congrat how much time they take to give passport back and what is validity of entry visa u get means how much u have for landing

vsingh89

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
raman1 said:
YES MR VP SINGH89 I PLAN TO SETTLE IN Winnipeg UNDER BUSINESS CLASS
hi raman thanks for your response kindly mail me at vivek.ele.mnnit@gmail.com so that we will be in touch

vsingh89

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
RAXCH said:
hello frnds,

Plz update my status as i got my ppr on yesterday... :)
we hv to submit passport through VFC.

Can you plz suggest me how many usually it takes to stamp the visa through vfc services..

Regards
raxch
Hi congrat RAXCH i am submitting my passport tmrrow so what i heard it will get back in 21 days

vsingh89

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
victory123 said:
Hello all,
After all the waiting and waiting. The moment finally arrived today.

I, today, received passports with visas encrypted on those and COPR's.

Now, I am getting anxious and worried for leaving my home where I passed my life.
Thanks everybody on this forum for wishing and supporting all the way through. I pray for all the members for faster and positive updates.

Thanks & Regards.....
Hi victory123 finally u got victory we are also feeling same whether u plan to settle ?when u plan to land

karambir singh

Apr 18, 2011
CHANDIGARH, PUNJAB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI TO COLOMBO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
CIC NS 14/02/2013
AOR Received.
CIO :- 25/03/2013, NDVO :- 27/06/2013, CVO :26/11/2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
26/11/2013
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
03/02/2014 , ECAS Update :- 08/02/2014
Passport Req..
11/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
15/02/2014
LANDED..........
30/04/2014
Good morning friends :-

Hope we shall hear some good NewS from NDVO today .!!
All the very best..

Regards
KB

SM123

Aug 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
PNP- 22 June 2012 CIC- 8 Jan 2013
Doc's Request.
Not as yet
Nomination.....
22 November 2012
AOR Received.
1st AOR- CIC- 14 Feb 2013 2nd AOR- NDVO- 21 June 2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with Main application
File Transfer...
21 June 2013
Med's Request
08 October 2013
Med's Done....
12 October 2013
Interview........
Seems Waived off!!!
Passport Req..
08 October 2013
VISA ISSUED...
24 January 2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon!!!
rane said:

You could invest in some important kitchen items, eg. a branded good pressure cooker costs anything between $80-280 in US/Canada. And again, minimum you would get is 5-8 ltrs. Smaller ones like 1/2/3 ltr cookers which we get in India are not easily available here. Non-stick cookware set of 5 utensils+lids cost anything between $100-250. Mixer-Grinder which works on 100v (eg., BOSS mixer-grinder costs Rs. 2500/- & works on 100v), in US/Canada you get only juicers. You do not get grinders which can grind Indian masalas, lentils, grains etc. You could find some grinders on Amazon but they cost no less than $120. Also, usually they have just 1 big jar which is not suitable for small quantity grinding. You could think of getting such items from India if you like. Talk to your family/relatives/friends in US/Canada and have their advise on your shopping.

One of my friend who immigrated to Australia used India Post to move his stuff to Australia. India Post has some cargo which costs Rs. 7000 for a 20kg box. You need to pack your stuff and drop it at the post and the foreign country's local post would deliver it to your doorstep in respective foreign lands. In this friend's case, he received everything intact in 2 weeks time at his doorstep in Sydney, Australia. You could enquire/explore this option whenever you want to move more stuff as your airfare would permit max of 46kg per passenger and you would experience that its not enough when you are moving permanently :).

+ 1 to you my friend...

Excellent post Rane...really appreciate your valuable guidance on this forum...

We should also discuss post landing and Job search experience such that we minimize the hassles of this transition...

Cheers,
S

vsingh89

Star Member
Jun 20, 2013
SM123 said:
+ 1 to you my friend...

Excellent post Rane...really appreciate your valuable guidance on this forum...

We should also discuss post landing and Job search experience such that we minimize the hassles of this transition...

Cheers,
S
Yes friend one should share post landing experience about job and settlement

karambir singh

Apr 18, 2011
CHANDIGARH, PUNJAB
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI TO COLOMBO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......