+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeline for new PR card

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddie,
First and foremost, you want to make sure CIC understands that your relationship is genuine and you are not trying to sponsor just to get someone a PR Card. For this, use all your documents to proove the relationship. Depending on however long you are married to your spouse use documents like pictures, chat logs, emails, wedding pictures etc to prove the genuinity in the case. Now, you can visit CIC website and review the document requirements.
First of all, ensure you are living in canada or provide proof that you will retunr to Canada upon getting the PR for your spouse. There is a lot of information on the web at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-how.asp

Remember, the more information you provide about your relationship, the better it is. Hope it helps. There is always this forum that will provide you a wealth of information.

Goodluck.

eddieeddieandeddie said:
ECS,Myself and my canadian wife are planning to file for my permanent residence card january, i would like to know what are the required documents to file for permanent residence based on marriage? Your response will be deeply appriciated.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Btw, we got the PR today and I was a little surprise with the new design which really isn;t as good as the old blue one. This one is more whitish with a transparent photo in the right side of the card.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
thank you for the update, ecs. I heard that new design is much better looking, but it sounds like not.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was definitely expecting a much better one than what I received. Atleast by the hype we had around this new design. Anyways honestly glad we have one atleast! I know we have quite a few people who are waitin to reach here..

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really? I like the new one, but I wasn't a fan of the old one. I guess this goes to show that there is no one right answer in aesthetics. :)

ecs said:
Btw, we got the PR today and I was a little surprise with the new design which really isn;t as good as the old blue one. This one is more whitish with a transparent photo in the right side of the card.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah true.
I miss the magnetic strip on the back with the applicant's name. The Matte surface was much better than the current glossy one. Also whats the deal with the goose on the card? Is there a significance?

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canada geese, probably?

ecs said:
Yeah true.
I miss the magnetic strip on the back with the applicant's name. The Matte surface was much better than the current glossy one. Also whats the deal with the goose on the card? Is there a significance?

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
they could put at least a better looking animal there....

Reactions: Baahubali

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hehehe, America has a grand eagle and we have a goose. Doesn't seem quite fair, does it? :)

Suin said:
they could put at least a better looking animal there....

cuterose

Dec 25, 2009
Re: citizen after PR card renew

Hi...all

I got my pr in 2005 and applied in 2008 for citizenship.but later I cancelled my petation b'use I did not want to loose my original citizenship.I was physically present 4 years in canada.
Now my pr card expires in 03-2010.I m now willing to apply for citizenship again.

Could it be possible just after i get my new renewed pr card????
should i file new application for citizenship or i can request CIC to start old application???would they doubt my case?

thank you

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cuterose,
You can go ahead and apply for extending a PR card. Chances are that you will not have an issuie getting the PR extended but when you apply for Citizenship,you might have an issue because any application that is withdrawn initially and/ or denied the first time will have to go through the RQ process. However you can along with your application for Citizenship werite a letter indicating why you withdrew the application the first time. That might help.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Karlshammar said:
Hehehe, America has a grand eagle and we have a goose. Doesn't seem quite fair, does it? :)
that's Canada... it's good that they didn't put the image of queen in there too...

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
Re: citizen after PR card renew

cuterose said:
Hi...all

I got my pr in 2005 and applied in 2008 for citizenship.but later I cancelled my petation b'use I did not want to loose my original citizenship.I was physically present 4 years in canada.
Now my pr card expires in 03-2010.I m now willing to apply for citizenship again.

Could it be possible just after i get my new renewed pr card????
should i file new application for citizenship or i can request CIC to start old application???would they doubt my case?

thank you
I don't think there will be any problem with extending PR card - you never asked to cancel it, there should be no reason for denial.

ecs

Star Member
Aug 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Suin said:
that's Canada... it's good that they didn't put the image of queen in there too...
lol! I agree, not the queen pic on the PR card! Or maybe a Polar bear could have signified Canada instead of Geese.lol!