ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theluckyone said:
Hello to everyone!

I'm just new here :) I really want to inquire which is the best option to go to Canada. I'm working in Dubai, UAE as Office Manager for 8 years. I know this position is not under category for skilled worker but I hope that there is other way or best option to live permanently in Canada. I would love to hearing from you, guys. Any prompt advice would be greatly appreciated :) TIA.

Congrat's to those who already got their visas! May God bless us all!
There is a lot of reading you have to do to determine which path you want to take to go to Canada. If your goal is to live permanently in Canada, then you will start from here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

The typical paths that are "fast" are via the provincial nominee program and the Skilled Worker Program. The Skilled worker program is currrently under hold and is to be restarted in 2013.

Another path you can take is the CEC class, but to be eligible, you need to previously be working in Canada (hence becoming a TFW first) in a qualifying Skill Class or have studied/graduated from a educational institution in Canada. You can look up the relevant sections in the link provided.

/hope this helps....

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sonic said:
Congrats to stuart and rylai. Today, we crossed the Peace Arch Border Crossing and went back to process our immigrant visa. The officer asked few questions and then gave us his congatulations for becoming a Permanent Resident in Canada. It probably took us 15 minutes to process our permanent residency. God bless to everyone with their application. I hope everyone will get their residency soon :)
OT: Quick question Sonic - you did the "flagpole" landing right? Did you need to go all the way to the US Border/Immigration checkpoint before turning back? If you did, did you get a refusal of entry at the US Immigration and was it stamped on your passport or was it just a piece of paper given to you?

Just concerned that the refusal of entry into the US during the "flagpole" may be recorded at US Immigration and may be detrimental to future entry visa applications into the US.

Sonic

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2012
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
May 8, 2012
AOR Received.
June 11, 2012
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
July 23, 2012
Med's Done....
Aug. 1, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct. 15, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 6, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 11, 2012
We both have a US visa so we went to go shopping across the border. We came back the same day to process our residency. I have read some people do it but I never seen anyone posted any details about stamp on the passport itself. They only mentioned about refusal letter. Sorry mate, I have no information about that.

Check this link > http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t107743.0.html

theluckyone

Nov 12, 2012
hi ragluf! thank you for your response. if i may ask, how long does it take to get PR under new canadian immigration law? any idea how long does the entire process takes? thanks a lot.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theluckyone said:
hi ragluf! thank you for your response. if i may ask, how long does it take to get PR under new canadian immigration law? any idea how long does the entire process takes? thanks a lot.
There is no "new" immigration law - but only changes (via new operating bulletins) regarding the processing/requirements of applications. In some classes, there are minor changes, in others (like the Skilled Worker Class) there has been a great deal of changes.

I mentioned previously you have a lot of reading to do :); you would need to familiarize yourself with the layout of the CIC webpage as all the relevant information is within the CIC webpages - and you start from here the main landing page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp

The main landing page has a "Quick Links" section at the right ("I need to...") - included in that is a link to the average processing times. Note that these are average times; a lot of factors do impact the length of processing of an application.

/good luck....

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sonic said:
We both have a US visa so we went to go shopping across the border. We came back the same day to process our residency. I have read some people do it but I never seen anyone posted any details about stamp on the passport itself. They only mentioned about refusal letter. Sorry mate, I have no information about that.

Check this link > http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t107743.0.html
Thanks :) No worries on that. Hope you had a nice long weeked.... :) :)

rylai crestfall

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2010
Nomination.....
july 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 6, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2012
hi guys. i attended the CFO PDOS today. but there's something the orientation officer told us that made me doubt him. is it true that what we declared as proof of funds during application is the same amount of money that we should bring into canada upon landing (in any form)? i've seen somewhere in this thread the same question but i can't track it. anyone, please, if you can show me a site where i can see a clear statement that i can bring in any amount into canada (as PNP, no minimun amount), i would be really grateful..thanks..

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ rylai

:)
ragluf said:
This is declared in support of your application that the applicant does have enough funds to use for completely resettling in Canada. My opinion is that it does not mean you have to bring them all of it and present it to the immigration official/CBSA officer at PoE. Bring enough funds for your initial needs to startup and settle.

Note there are limits to the amount you can bring into the country without needing to declare the amount:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/arrival.asp

/hope this helps...
Doing a search on "Proof of Funds" on the CIC website only yields this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Looks like the POF rule is more applicable to the FSW class. I have not seen anything of the sort that is specified for PNP applicants.

You can also browse this thread here for added info: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-landing-funds-t39318.960.html

rylai crestfall

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2010
Nomination.....
july 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 6, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2012
ragluf said:
@ rylai

:)Doing a search on "Proof of Funds" on the CIC website only yields this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp
Looks like the POF rule is more applicable to the FSW class. I have not seen anything of the sort that is specified for PNP applicants.

You can also browse this thread here for added info: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-landing-funds-t39318.960.html
thank you so much ragluf.. you're a hero indeed..

hey you know what, the link you showed me about the skilled worker PoF is the one the orientation officer showed us, and you're right, the title of the link was Skilled Worker and Professionals. but the orientation officer at CFO said it is applicable to all including PNP..

some of the landed immigrants I've seen so far from other threads mentioned that they did not have to bring all of their money upon landing..

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ rylai

Now why would a PDOS seminar take info from a forum site :) - I would think they should be getting more information from the source themselves - CIC. Looks like you should be attending the voluntary CIIP seminar if you have time as this one is funded by the Canadian government. You may bring up your query there perhaps you may have more luck getting an answer.

My opinion is that, having being vetted by the Provincial Government that nominated you - there is an implied guarantee by the province to the federal government (CIC) that you have passed the requirements (including the financial checks/proof of funds). You were asked to declare your 'unencumbered funds that you will bring into Canada' in one of the forms right?

I would advise again to bring enough (under the 10k limit otherwise you need to declare it) to start and initially settle down over a few weeks time. It would not hurt as a "just in case" to perhaps bring along a bank certificate or statement (stated with an equivalent in $) for presentation should it be needed. Then if needed you can also reason out that 'once I get settled and get a bank account I'll be wiring the rest of my funds....'.

By the way, if you have a credit card, hold on to it just for ID purposes. Sometimes, having a credit card or a bank card even if issued in the PH, is accepted as a secondary ID from newly landed immigrants.

/hope this helps...

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
Hi to all,

I need some advice, I already submitted my application in MPNP office last november 4, courtesy of my uncle.

My question is; I did not include IELTS results in my application, is it okay to submit the results of my IELTs next month even though I don't have AOR/File number yet?..

BTW, I am scheduled to take IELTs by first week of december, so I can surely submit it in the 3rd week or the month.

Thanks.

rylai crestfall

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2010
Nomination.....
july 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 6, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2012
ragluf said:
@ rylai

Now why would a PDOS seminar take info from a forum site :) - I would think they should be getting more information from the source themselves - CIC. Looks like you should be attending the voluntary CIIP seminar if you have time as this one is funded by the Canadian government. You may bring up your query there perhaps you may have more luck getting an answer.

My opinion is that, having being vetted by the Provincial Government that nominated you - there is an implied guarantee by the province to the federal government (CIC) that you have passed the requirements (including the financial checks/proof of funds). You were asked to declare your 'unencumbered funds that you will bring into Canada' in one of the forms right?

I would advise again to bring enough (under the 10k limit otherwise you need to declare it) to start and initially settle down over a few weeks time. It would not hurt as a "just in case" to perhaps bring along a bank certificate or statement (stated with an equivalent in $) for presentation should it be needed. Then if needed you can also reason out that 'once I get settled and get a bank account I'll be wiring the rest of my funds....'.

By the way, if you have a credit card, hold on to it just for ID purposes. Sometimes, having a credit card or a bank card even if issued in the PH, is accepted as a secondary ID from newly landed immigrants.

/hope this helps...

yeah, thanks ragluf.. i'm thinking of doing the same.. God bless us!

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itguy29 said:
Hi to all,

I need some advice, I already submitted my application in MPNP office last november 4, courtesy of my uncle.

My question is; I did not include IELTS results in my application, is it okay to submit the results of my IELTs next month even though I don't have AOR/File number yet?..

BTW, I am scheduled to take IELTs by first week of december, so I can surely submit it in the 3rd week or the month.

Thanks.
Hi, I'll take a shot at this - obtaining PR under the Provincial Nominee Program (in this case the program is MPNP). First you need to get a letter of nomination/LOA - and to obtain that - you apply under MPNP (which is what you said above that you have recently submitted the MPNP application courtesy of your uncle). Does your eligibility for this program fall under D here? http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/eligibility/ (I am assuming it is as you mentioned you had an uncle already in Manitoba).

If it does, then in this stage, depending on your assessed occupation - language testing is mandatory or just encouraged to be submitted. If your assessed occupation falls under NOC (2011) Skill C or D - it would be mandatory for you to include that in your MPNP application. http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/mpnp-resources/pnp-language-requirements/

Other skill levels - it is not mandatory but MPNP does "strongly encourage to submit language testing results"
Having said that - I see your NOC in your profile is 2147, and if this is your assessed occupation, under the NOC 2011 matrix you fall under Skill Level A http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/html/Matrix.html

At this point you may have to wait for any message/correspondence from MPNP requesting you to submit IELTS results if these are necessary, and anything else that is required by MPNP. You can't really be sure that language testing results are not needed - this is dependent on MPNP evaluation of your application. Then you have to wait to get an LOA or letter of nomination (from MPNP).

Second, after getting a letter of nomination/approval of nomination - then you have to submit that letter of nomination/LOA along with the CIC application forms (for permanent residence under PNP) to CIO-NS. Once your application is deemed complete - you will then get an AOR and a File number.

/hope this helps....

bujing25

Nov 16, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
Doc's Request.
04-01-2013
Nomination.....
05-04-2013
AOR Received.
19-06-2013
File Transfer...
20-08-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2013
Passport Req..
april 2014
VISA ISSUED...
april 2014
LANDED..........
june 23 2014
Good day to everyone!

I applied through online application for MPNP last August 2012. After 48 hours,they replied via email confirming that they receive my application and also, included on that letter was my File Number. But the file number that i received was with a 2 letters and a 10 digit numbers.
I just want to know, how will I be able to track my application.

your respond will be a great help.
thank you.

itguy29

Jan 21, 2012
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
advo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2013
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
24-09-2013
AOR Received.
13-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted together with application
File Transfer...
In Process- March 31, 2014
Med's Request
17-04-2014
Med's Done....
21-04-2014, medical received 26-04-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-05-2014, Decision Made: 06-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2014, Visa Received : 11-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-08-2014
ragluf said:
Hi, I'll take a shot at this - obtaining PR under the Provincial Nominee Program (in this case the program is MPNP). First you need to get a letter of nomination/LOA - and to obtain that - you apply under MPNP (which is what you said above that you have recently submitted the MPNP application courtesy of your uncle). Does your eligibility for this program fall under D here? http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/eligibility/ (I am assuming it is as you mentioned you had an uncle already in Manitoba).

If it does, then in this stage, depending on your assessed occupation - language testing is mandatory or just encouraged to be submitted. If your assessed occupation falls under NOC (2011) Skill C or D - it would be mandatory for you to include that in your MPNP application. http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/how-to-immigrate/mpnp-resources/pnp-language-requirements/

Other skill levels - it is not mandatory but MPNP does "strongly encourage to submit language testing results"
Having said that - I see your NOC in your profile is 2147, and if this is your assessed occupation, under the NOC 2011 matrix you fall under Skill Level A http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/html/Matrix.html

At this point you may have to wait for any message/correspondence from MPNP requesting you to submit IELTS results if these are necessary, and anything else that is required by MPNP. You can't really be sure that language testing results are not needed - this is dependent on MPNP evaluation of your application. Then you have to wait to get an LOA or letter of nomination (from MPNP).

Second, after getting a letter of nomination/approval of nomination - then you have to submit that letter of nomination/LOA along with the CIC application forms (for permanent residence under PNP) to CIO-NS. Once your application is deemed complete - you will then get an AOR and a File number.

/hope this helps....

Hi Ragluf,

You're advice was definitely a big help to my side, Thank you so much for the response that you've had given. Will pray to God that everybody here will have their application(s) run smoothly.

God Bless,