Timeline for Filipinos submitted pnp-pr applctions at CIO

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rylai crestfall said:
back from long vacation...still no progress in ECAS..
how are you guys?

i just want to ask about possible point of entry.. I've been reading threads about points of entry but I can't find the answer i need. i plan on purchasing the ticket that goes to Minneapolis (USA) then directly to Winnipeg, Manitoba (my province of destination). Is this possible? Or should i still go through Vancouver/Toronto as PoE? Thanks for reply..
If you have a US Visa, then you can transit through Minneapolis (USA) enroute to Winnipeg (and do your landing there, presumably). On the CBSA site, Winnipeg has IMM services:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/offices/office569-e.html

The common reason why "landings" are done at Toronto/Vancouver is that for those without a US visa, these two cities are have lots of flights inbound from other countries that do not have to layover in any US airport. No need to apply for a US transit visa :).

/hope this helps....

rylai crestfall

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2010
Nomination.....
july 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 6, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2012
ragluf said:
If you have a US Visa, then you can transit through Minneapolis (USA) enroute to Winnipeg (and do your landing there, presumably). On the CBSA site, Winnipeg has IMM services:
http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/listing/offices/office569-e.html

The common reason why "landings" are done at Toronto/Vancouver is that for those without a US visa, these two cities are have lots of flights inbound from other countries that do not have to layover in any US airport. No need to apply for a US transit visa :).

/hope this helps....
i don't have US visa, but the ticket will stop in Minneapolis for a few hours before landing in Manitoba. i emailed both the WAA (Winnipeg Airport) and CBSA. WAA said that they don't have services for newly landed immigrants, while CBSA said they are not in the position to decide, that i should contact CIC to be sure. It's confusing because CBSA mentioned IMM services in WAA (as in the link you provided) but declined to answer my enquiry... maybe i should email CEM to be sure? what do you think? thanks for replying ragluf.. great help

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rylai crestfall said:
i don't have US visa, but the ticket will stop in Minneapolis for a few hours before landing in Manitoba. i emailed both the WAA (Winnipeg Airport) and CBSA. WAA said that they don't have services for newly landed immigrants, while CBSA said they are not in the position to decide, that i should contact CIC to be sure. It's confusing because CBSA mentioned IMM services in WAA (as in the link you provided) but declined to answer my enquiry... maybe i should email CEM to be sure? what do you think? thanks for replying ragluf.. great help
Unfortunately, on your layover in Minneapolis, you will be deplaning, asked to get your baggage, and pass through US Customs and Immigration, before boarding your international flight to Winnipeg. All passengers transiting through US airports need to have a transit visa (at the least) if they are not under the visa-waiver program.

More here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_4383.html#3

As for your email to CBSA, your might want to clarify that you are an immigrant and wanted to complete the landing procedures in Winnipeg and asking what is the process for landing. Perhaps the question 'services for newly landed immigrants' were taken and understood differently :). I often find in dealing with official agencies in Canada that you need to ask the right question, to get the answer you want :). (Never assume they will understand what your intent is when asking a question, and thus provide you more information than what is asked...)

I'll see what else I can find out from CBSA...

carl zeiss

Nov 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19 Nov 2011
Nomination.....
09 Jan 2012
AOR Received.
24 Apr 2012 CIO
File Transfer...
04 Jul 2012 CEM
Med's Request
29 Sep 2012
Med's Done....
13 Oct 2012
Passport Req..
14 Jan 2013
VISA ISSUED...
30 Jan 2013
LANDED..........
25 Jun 2013
rylai crestfall said:
Hi there! Are you coming from the Phils. or South East Asia? I am just wondering. If you don't have a US visa, then why include Minneapolis in your itinerary? You need a transit visa in this situation. Otherwise, things might become more complicated. Why not go thru Vancouver? I hope you find the best solution to your problem. Good luck!

negrabandida

Aug 29, 2012
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Canadian Embassy in Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2009
Doc's Request.
02/2010
Nomination.....
10/2011
AOR Received.
29/07/2012
Med's Request
07/09/2012
Med's Done....
19/09/2012
Passport Req..
01/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/12/2012
hello guys...

"we have stated processing your application October 30" has been added to my stat. changed ecas stat from "application received" to "in process" yesterday.

also received in the email request of passport....

i'm sure lots of us na have this good news........

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negrabandida said:
hello guys...

"we have stated processing your application October 30" has been added to my stat. changed ecas stat from "application received" to "in process" yesterday.

also received in the email request of passport....

i'm sure lots of us na have this good news........
Congratulations on receiving the PPR!

Are you sending your PPs to CEM from another country or just within the Phils.?

stellar

Sep 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CEM
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
N/A
ragluf said:
If you have been also scanning the other threads - there is no clear committed duration from CIO-NS or a trend in getting an AOR-CIO, only a range. It ranges from 1 month - to - in extreme cases 4-5 months after sending it off to the VO. Mostly we have been seeing 1+ months before an AOR-CIO is sent. You just sent it off and it has been received, so by this time, it may have been queued already for initial processing.

Nothing to do at this point but be patient, check your emails and spam folders, your mailbox from time-to-time, and wait. This is the hardest part... :)

/good luck....and thanks!
hi raflug, thanks alot.. :) i haven't been online for a while.. hopefully hopefully hopefully i'll get my AOR this month <fingers crossed>

stellar

Sep 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CEM
IELTS Request
N/A
Interview........
N/A
hi guys!

for those who used bank draft as mode of payment, were you able to track with the bank that your bank draft was already encashed? TIA! :)

negrabandida

Aug 29, 2012
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2009
Doc's Request.
02/2010
Nomination.....
10/2011
AOR Received.
29/07/2012
Med's Request
07/09/2012
Med's Done....
19/09/2012
Passport Req..
01/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/12/2012
ragluf said:
Congratulations on receiving the PPR!

Are you sending your PPs to CEM from another country or just within the Phils.?
thank you very very much, all glory to God!
will be sending my PP from UAE as i am currently here. :)

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
negrabandida said:
thank you very very much, all glory to God!
will be sending my PP from UAE as i am currently here. :)
Ok - so you will be sending your PPs to CEM. Was there any statement in your PPR letter saying the following:

We will make our best efforts to have your passport(s) returned to you with your visa(s) within 90 working days from their receipt at the Embassy. You should not make any plans to travel to Canada until you are in possession of your passports and their required visas.

negrabandida

Aug 29, 2012
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/2009
Doc's Request.
02/2010
Nomination.....
10/2011
AOR Received.
29/07/2012
Med's Request
07/09/2012
Med's Done....
19/09/2012
Passport Req..
01/11/2012
VISA ISSUED...
05/12/2012
ragluf said:
Ok - so you will be sending your PPs to CEM. Was there any statement in your PPR letter saying the following:

We will make our best efforts to have your passport(s) returned to you with your visa(s) within 90 working days from their receipt at the Embassy. You should not make any plans to travel to Canada until you are in possession of your passports and their required visas.
yes, there is....i hope it's not going to be that long as i will be needing my passport by january. i will send the passport this week praying will get it back before end of 2012.

mflicerio

Star Member
Jan 9, 2012
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
medical results received ecas 4.28.13
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hello!

Please include me in this list, application sent to CIO Nova Scotia Nov. 3 2012. (Nominated by MPNP)

Thanks!

rylai crestfall

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2010
Nomination.....
july 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 6, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2012
carl zeiss said:
Hi there! Are you coming from the Phils. or South East Asia? I am just wondering. If you don't have a US visa, then why include Minneapolis in your itinerary? You need a transit visa in this situation. Otherwise, things might become more complicated. Why not go thru Vancouver? I hope you find the best solution to your problem. Good luck!
hi carl. i'll be coming from the Phils. the plane ticket that i am planning to purchase is from Delta Air (it's really cheap), and one of its routes (as stop over) is in Minneapolis. but now, i'm having second thoughts.. thanks for sharing this, you really help!

rylai crestfall

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
dec 2010
Nomination.....
july 2011
AOR Received.
Feb 2012
File Transfer...
Dec 2011
Med's Request
Feb 20, 2012
Med's Done....
Mar 6, 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 19, 2012
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2012
ragluf said:
Unfortunately, on your layover in Minneapolis, you will be deplaning, asked to get your baggage, and pass through US Customs and Immigration, before boarding your international flight to Winnipeg. All passengers transiting through US airports need to have a transit visa (at the least) if they are not under the visa-waiver program.

More here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/types/types_4383.html#3

As for your email to CBSA, your might want to clarify that you are an immigrant and wanted to complete the landing procedures in Winnipeg and asking what is the process for landing. Perhaps the question 'services for newly landed immigrants' were taken and understood differently :). I often find in dealing with official agencies in Canada that you need to ask the right question, to get the answer you want :). (Never assume they will understand what your intent is when asking a question, and thus provide you more information than what is asked...)

I'll see what else I can find out from CBSA...
thank ragluf. you're right. i was thinking the same thing, that maybe i was misunderstood. but i am planning on asking CEM too. as for the Minneapolis thing, i'm now having second thoughts. as i thought it would be okay because it was part of the routine stop-over of Delta Airlines to stop in Minneapolis, that i thought it is not that complicated. really, many thanks to you

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do hope they discuss the immigration processing at CEM when PM Harper drops by the PH :

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/11/03/harper-asia-trip-depart.html

:):):)