Timeline for Filipinos submitted pnp-pr applctions at CIO

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hereignz said:
hello, bago po ako d2. from red deer, alberta.

nakuha ko po AINP nomination ko last week of Nov. 2012, kapapadala ko lng po application for PR today Feb, 12, 2012 sa CIO Nova Scotia. Nomination expires on May 18, 2013.. Hindi po kaya maabutan ng expiry yung AINP nomination?

thank you..
Hi, welcome to the thread. Congratulations on sending in your PR application to CIO-Sydney.

As mentioned by RAK - the expiry of nomination (in your letter) will not matter as long as you file your PR application before the expiry/validity date specified on the nomination letter. May is still 3months off - you should be getting an AOR before the expiry of your nomination letter (granted everything in your application is complete and in order).

/all the best...

bcpnpnom

Jan 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2013
AOR Received.
April 05, 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2013
Med's Done....
May 21, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 1, 2013
LANDED..........
in GOD's perfect time!!!
Good day everyone,

For those who submitted their docs na, just want to inquire, ilang months ba per experience nyo after submission/docs received to CIC Scotia ang reply, like MR or other addtl docs? Thanks in advance...

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bcpnpnom said:
Good day everyone,

For those who submitted their docs na, just want to inquire, ilang months ba per experience nyo after submission/docs received to CIC Scotia ang reply, like MR or other addtl docs? Thanks in advance...
You can take a look at the timelines at the left side of those who have posted on the thread - they will provide an indication of when the AOR, MR was received and gauge the time. It is different for each applicant; in my case i applied Jan 2012, and got a message from CIO around 2 weeks later that my application was deemed complete and will be sent to a VO for further processing. Got an AOR from CEM a month after that, MR came 2 1/2 months after. Total processing time for me was close to 9+ months.

Current processing times can be seen at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp

/all the best...

bcpnpnom

Jan 7, 2013
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2013
AOR Received.
April 05, 2013
Med's Request
May 7, 2013
Med's Done....
May 21, 2013
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 4, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
October 1, 2013
LANDED..........
in GOD's perfect time!!!
ragluf said:
You can take a look at the timelines at the left side of those who have posted on the thread - they will provide an indication of when the AOR, MR was received and gauge the time. It is different for each applicant; in my case i applied Jan 2012, and got a message from CIO around 2 weeks later that my application was deemed complete and will be sent to a VO for further processing. Got an AOR from CEM a month after that, MR came 2 1/2 months after. Total processing time for me was close to 9+ months.

Current processing times can be seen at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm/provincial.asp

/all the best...
okay, thanks a lot for the info...goodluck to all of us:)

kmb888

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Hi everyone!

I'm new on this thread. i just want to ask if anyone here were asked to pay the RPRF first before the passport request? I just received an email asking us to pay the Right to Permanent Residence Fee and to fill up a form for my husbands activities from 2006-2008 and the addresses where he lived from 2003 to present. But there was no request to send our passports. Based on the timelines i see here after the medical most have passport request already. Does this mean anything? Hoping for your reply. Thank you!

chalknaht

Star Member
Jan 24, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
April 1, 2012
IELTS Request
June 2012
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sept 2012
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
Feb 7 2013 ; PP SENT: FEB 25, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
March 2013
LANDED..........
May 10, 2013
kmb888 said:
Hi everyone!

I'm new on this thread. i just want to ask if anyone here were asked to pay the RPRF first before the passport request? I just received an email asking us to pay the Right to Permanent Residence Fee and to fill up a form for my husbands activities from 2006-2008 and the addresses where he lived from 2003 to present. But there was no request to send our passports. Based on the timelines i see here after the medical most have passport request already. Does this mean anything? Hoping for your reply. Thank you!
Pay nio po muna ung rprf tpos provide the additional docs. Pag ok na lahat..mkkreciv k rin ng pasport req. God bless

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kmb888 said:
Hi everyone!

The processing varies from applicant to applicant - in some cases the request for RPRF, additional travel history, police certificates, etc. - come with the MR; sometimes MR comes alone, and the additional request comes a few weeks/months later. There have been posters who had experienced getting a PPR along with the RPRF and added docs request; in most cases, MR comes first, then RPRF/Additional Docs request then PPR.

Gist is - this shows your application is progressing. Passports are typically requested when the visa is ready to be issued; RPRF is maybe requested much earlier. It is an advantage to have your passport with you and handy and send it to CEM/VO only when needed - you will never know when you need to travel or use it or have it renewed, rather than CEM having it and holding it for a few months while processing your application.

/all the best...

kmb888

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
ragluf said:
The processing varies from applicant to applicant - in some cases the request for RPRF, additional travel history, police certificates, etc. - come with the MR; sometimes MR comes alone, and the additional request comes a few weeks/months later. There have been posters who had experienced getting a PPR along with the RPRF and added docs request; in most cases, MR comes first, then RPRF/Additional Docs request then PPR.

Gist is - this shows your application is progressing. Passports are typically requested when the visa is ready to be issued; RPRF is maybe requested much earlier. It is an advantage to have your passport with you and handy and send it to CEM/VO only when needed - you will never know when you need to travel or use it or have it renewed, rather than CEM having it and holding it for a few months while processing your application.

/all the best...

Thank you so much!! On the other hand i need an advice on whether i should renew my passport now or just wait until they issue the visa. My passport will expire on October 2013 and my dilemma is if i renew it now they might ask us to send our passports anytime after paying the RPRF. And it takes DFA La Union 10-15 working days before they can issue the passport. Any thoughts on this? Again, thanks and god bless!

kmb888

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
chalknaht said:
Pay nio po muna ung rprf tpos provide the additional docs. Pag ok na lahat..mkkreciv k rin ng pasport req. God bless
Thank you. Sana nga tuloy tuloy na.. Waiting is soo stressful. God bless din po.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kmb888 said:
Thank you so much!! On the other hand i need an advice on whether i should renew my passport now or just wait until they issue the visa. My passport will expire on October 2013 and my dilemma is if i renew it now they might ask us to send our passports anytime after paying the RPRF. And it takes DFA La Union 10-15 working days before they can issue the passport. Any thoughts on this? Again, thanks and god bless!
Given your passport will expire in approx. 8 months, better renew it now.
1. Typically you may not be allowed to travel or in some countries, not allowed to enter if your passport validity is less than 6 months. Also in the PPR, it is stated that passports must be valid for at least 6 months from validity date of visa (usually a year from when medicals were performed as observed by posters).
2. Please post your timeline, historically there is a range approx 1-3mos between MR/RPRF and PPR. We can estimate it better if we see your timeline. The current timelines for the whole process still hold at 11months all in all from the time CIO determines your application is complete.
3. If you renew your passport, notify CEM of the change in passport, and include scanned copies of your new passport identity pages so they can make a change in their records. Always reference your file number/application number when you communicate with CEM.

/best regards...

kmb888

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
ragluf said:
Given your passport will expire in approx. 8 months, better renew it now.
1. Typically you may not be allowed to travel or in some countries, not allowed to enter if your passport validity is less than 6 months. Also in the PPR, it is stated that passports must be valid for at least 6 months from date of issuance of visa. Right now, you may be cutting it too thin on hedging to renew the PP.
2. Please post your timeline, historically there is a range of 1-3momths between MR/RPRF and PPR. We can estimate it better if we see your timeline. The current timelines for the whole process still hold at 11months all in all from the time CIO determines your application is complete.
3. If you renew your passport, notify CEM of the change in passport, and include scanned copies of your new passport identity pages so they can make a change in their records. Always reference your file number/application number when you communicate with CEM.

/best regards...
Again, thank you. I'll renew my passport by Monday. Just want to make sure, as soon as i have my new passport i have to email CEM a scanned copy of it? Or should i just mail them a copy together with the additional docs they are asking and RPRF. They gave us until March 15 to pay and submit.

Here is my timeline..
Category........: PNP
Visa Office......: Manila
NOC Code......: 3152
App. Filed.......: February 2012
Nomination.....: 30-06-2012
AOR Received.: 20-10-2012
IELTS Request: N/A
Med's Request: 06-11-2012
Med's Done....: 05-12-2012
Interview........: Asked to Pay RPRF: 15-02-2012
Passport Req..: waiting
VISA ISSUED...: waiting
LANDED..........: soon hopefully

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kmb888 said:
Interview........: Asked to Pay RPRF: 15-02-2012
Is that 15-02-2012 or 15-02-2013?

You can do either - send payment of RPRF and include the new PP details or you can send the payment first, and send the details of the new passport when you have them. Whatever you do just make sure when you submit anything you reference your application/file number or Client ID. I see you are nearly there - so yes next step for you would be PPR, unless additional documents are requested of you after payment of RPRF.

The VO should be notified of anything that would directly affect your application - as the PP is the identity document, then CEM should be informed of any change. The PP number is included in the CoPR (listed as the Travel Doc. No.), so if you renew, the sooner you inform CEM about the change in passport details, the sooner this will be reflected in your file, and utimately in your CoPR.

/best regards

kmb888

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
ragluf said:
Is that 15-02-2012 or 15-02-2013?

You can do either - send payment of RPRF and include the new PP details or you can send the payment first, and send the details of the new passport when you have them. Whatever you do just make sure when you submit anything you reference your application/file number or Client ID. I see you are nearly there - so yes next step for you would be PPR, unless additional documents are requested of you after payment of RPRF.

The VO should be notified of anything that would directly affect your application - as the PP is the identity document, then CEM should be informed of any change. The PP number is included in the CoPR (listed as the Travel Doc. No.), so if you renew, the sooner you inform CEM about the change in passport details, the sooner this will be reflected in your file, and utimately in your CoPR.

/best regards
I'm sorry about that it's 15-02-2013. thank you very much. i deeply appreciate your thoughts. God Bless!

Milsrome

Star Member
Nov 9, 2012
CA
LANDED..........
July 2017
Hi All,

I've been reading this thread & i'm happy
to note that most applicants under CEM are having a good
progress with their PR applications.

In my case, since my 1st AOR from CIO has been issued
last Nov22,2012 i have not receive any update
since then. I'm quite worried with my progress
since most applicants whose files were received at CIO last
Oct, Nov & some in Dec 2012 already issued with MR.

Is there anyone from this group who has a similar
case as mine.

Here's my details:
AOR from CIO- Nov 22,2012
Category: FSW backlog under MPNP with 3 dependents
Visa Office: CEM

Appreciate much your inputs/advice.

Thanks,
Milsrome

kitty0775

Feb 18, 2013
Hi, i have questions lang regarding rprf. We plan to pay in Philippine peso most probably through manager's check. Do we, my husband and me, need to pay separately in 2 manager's checks o i-combine namin in one check yung payment? Kailangan din ba namin isulat names namin at the back o para lang yun sa bank draft? Ano mas ok bank draft or manager's check (from BDO siguro). Hope somebody will answer. Ito pala timeline namin under MPNP

VO- Manila
Aug 29, 2011 - sent docs to sponsor in MB
Sept 2 - Docs received in MB
Sept 7 - application filed in MB
Nov 2011 - received temporary file# via mail to sponsor
Dec 2011 - submitted add'l docs
Mar 6, 2012 - sponsor interview with case officer in MB
Mar 8 - principal applicant called case officer in MB for interview (buti na lang may magic jack :))
Apr 16 - received LOA in manila via mail
Aug 12 - sent application package to CIC, NS
Oct 16 - sponsor's credit card in canada charged for processing fees
Oct 20 - AOR in email
Nov 12 - med request in email
Nov 22 - medicals done
Dec 5 & 11- submitted additional medical clearances to accredited clinic
Feb 11, 2013 - request for updated NBI via email
Feb 17 - request for NBI and RPRF

sorry, haba. I made note talaga of all the dates e. Sana masagot questions ko above. Thanks :)