+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Timeframe from PPR/fee request to COPR receipt

ziggy1642

Mar 25, 2013
Hello
I am new to this forum, and 6 weeks ago thought we were close to completion in what has been a very long journey.

Has anyone else waited this length of time from PPR & RPRF request to receiving their COPR? We know CIC received everything on 7th February, just wondering if this is normal?

I also have a second part to this post: We both lost our jobs in August, and due to the local economy we have not gained other employment, due to the LMO requirement, when our work permits (which were based on those positions) expired, the only option left was to apply to stay as a visitor, which we have both done. Could this be a problem at this point in the process?

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CEC App submitted to Buffalo:Apr '11; Transfer to Ottowa:Nov '11; Rehab App request: Apr '12; Med Request: Oct '12; Rehab Period ended: Jan 4th '13;
PPR & RPRF request: 1st Feb '13.

ziggy1642

Mar 25, 2013
Timeframe fm PPR/fee req to COPR receipt - Any one care to comment Please?

Going through the forum for this class of application, I notice that many had their request for PPR and RPRF later on in February, and received their COPR in around 2 weeks, which was our expectation. We received our request on 2nd February and submitted and received on 7th February..

Would anyone care to comment on why it has taken 6 weeks already, any ideas on why it has taken so long?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CEC App submitted to Buffalo:Apr '11; Transfer to Ottowa:Nov '11; Rehab App request: Apr '12; Med Request: Oct '12; Rehab Period ended: Jan 4th '13;
PPR & RPRF request: 1st Feb '13.

seton

Jun 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
Med's Request
15-02-2013
Med's Done....
21-02-2013
Passport Req..
04-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2013
LANDED..........
03-05-2013
Re: Timeframe fm PPR/fee req to COPR receipt - Any one care to comment Please?

ziggy1642 said:
Going through the forum for this class of application, I notice that many had their request for PPR and RPRF later on in February, and received their COPR in around 2 weeks, which was our expectation.
Past experience is not always a good indicator of future expectations.

CIC changes their processes and procedures constantly, and often does different tasks in batches. There isn't much to comment on really - sometimes it can take over a month for your passport to be returned.

You're almost at the end - hang in there :)

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
It is unusual for it to take so long, so if you haven't already contacted CIC, I suggest you do so. Things can and do get lost in the mail...

But, yes, things can happen in the final processing that can delay (or worse) the final approval.

ziggy1642

Mar 25, 2013
I do appreciate your responses: but it does seem as our last submission has fallen through the cracks somewhere along the line.

We are using an immigration consultant, who tells us that immigration frown on being chased up, so they will not do that.

CIC only requested copies of passport pages and the copy of the fee receipt, and they were emailed on 7th February, the consultant received the email auto reply for that.

It is hard to stay patient, having applied for various jobs, on the assumption it would only take a few weeks, it is hard knowing we may miss out due to just not having the paperwork.

jpg

Mar 22, 2013
mine too in same situation. CPP-O received passports on 8th Feb and haven't got them back...

jmm1979

Mar 8, 2012
I sent mine on Feb 21st and I'm still waiting as well. This is so frustrating. It looks like there are a number of us in the same boat. I've emailed them to enquire but haven't received anything back. Just an automated response.

alexgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
My wife and I received request for passport and RPRF on Feb. 19th from the Ottawa office. We paid the fees and sent in our passports, and now have been waiting since February 21st. The Ottawa office may be backlogged. I think we're the fourth in this thread who received an intimation in Feb 2013 and haven't gotten our passport back with the visa.

Please do post when you receive your passport back, so we have a feel for when we might get ours. I will do likewise for the benefit of others in this forum.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
All of you guys sent original passport? Or is someone here who is visa exception and only had to send a copy online. My friend just received his PPR and as he is doesn't need a entry visa it says that he just need to send a copy of his passport and that he can send it through email. Here's anyone with the same situation ?

jmm1979

Mar 8, 2012
Yes I was visa exempt too. I sent copy of passport, bio data form and RPRF receipt via email on Feb 21st. I'm still waiting.

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
jmm1979 said:
Yes I was visa exempt too. I sent copy of passport, bio data form and RPRF receipt via email on Feb 21st. I'm still waiting.
Wow!!!!
So It's been 6 weeks already. It worries. But hopefully they speed up a little bit.
Thanks for your feedback

ziggy1642

Mar 25, 2013
It has now been 9 weeks, starting our 10th week. However, our immigration consultant was informed by CIC last week, that the COPR's were now printed and mailed.

Not sure how long it will take to come from Ottawa to Nova Scotia, or whether it will go via the consultant in Toronto, but we are getting closer.

Do COPR's come registered post, or normal mail?

alexgeorge

Apr 4, 2013
Got our passports back with visa stamped. Our passports were received in Ottawa on Feb 21st, the passports were stamped on March 20th, and we received them back with COPR on April 10th. I hope this helps. Best!

jmm1979

Mar 8, 2012
Thanks it does. I'm same timeline as you alexgeorge so hope I get something in mail today or tomorrow.

jmm1979

Mar 8, 2012
Ziggy1642 - have you received your passports back yet.

I'm going on more than 8 wks now and still waiting. I emailed them at the 6 wk mark and they said it was still processing but online it says decision made. Any suggestions on what I should do? Can I call them?