+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time Required at Airport for PR Interview/Documents

dan-carol

Sep 8, 2007
Hi,

We'll be arriving in Vancouver and my wife will have to go through immigration there at the airport before we connect to another flight. Can anyone comment on how long we will need at the airport? We understand that there is a document and some sort of interview upon entry.

We can arrange a connecting flight either 1.5 hours or 6.5 hours after we arrive. What sort of time/wait will need in Vancouver to get the processing done? This is of course assuming we have all the docs in order and ready.

If anyone can shed any light on the interview/signing process that would be great!

Thanks for the great posts!

Dan

dan-carol

Sep 8, 2007
Thanks,

Perhaps it would be best to change our port of entry Edmonton instead. This can be arranged and there would be no time pressures to make any other domestic flight.

Am I (the sponsor) allowed to accompany her (the principal application) during the immigration interview at the port of entry?

-D

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dan-carol said:
Thanks,

Perhaps it would be best to change our port of entry Edmonton instead. This can be arranged and there would be no time pressures to make any other domestic flight.

Am I (the sponsor) allowed to accompany her (the principal application) during the immigration interview at the port of entry?

-D
1. You would have to find a flight thats first stop is Canada is Edmonton, might be hard.
2. Sometimes, when they arrive together, CBSA will allow it. It depends on the officer.

PMM

dan-carol

Sep 8, 2007
Great thanks PMM.

There are several flights that come via LAX, San Fran and Denver that hit Calgary or Edmonton. We'll try for that.

All the best