+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Your best bet would be to try as much as possible to talk to an IRCC agent. There should be an update by now. I know folks whose application processing started at the same time as yours and have their PR cards. Be also mindful of the fact that all applications don't follow the same timeline but it's a bit extreme not to have received more updates at this point.

Which is your home country?
Turkey. I don't think calling IRCC helps, it is just waste of time. My friend's application's process started in April, 2020. He got PR card in August 2021. And I am still waiting. He applied 15 days before than me. No update on my file after they started processing my application. I sent webform and 20 days later they responded with that Afghanistan thing.

• Sad
Reactions: Abtols

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
I called IRCC today, after waiting for 30 mins an agent answered but she said unfortunately I don't fall under priority due to Afghanistan crisis and need to send a web form enquiry instead if I want any updates on my application. She cannot even check if background is completed,security started or not.
Omg. I’m July 2019 and still waiting. Working hard now with my MP on all my cases and they are doing very good job for me. Last week I talked to IRCC and get same answers. Just terrible answer that I’m not priority for them. So 4y waiting and paying taxes and I’m not priority for Canada!!!
I am Dec 2018 applicant.

Reactions: Whiskey2020

Oscarsunil

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Turkey. I don't think calling IRCC helps, it is just waste of time. My friend's application's process started in April, 2020. He got PR card in August 2021. And I am still waiting. He applied 15 days before than me. No update on my file after they started processing my application. I sent webform and 20 days later they responded with that Afghanistan thing.
Oh really ,
I think case processing center and staff for protected persons / conventional refugee are different feom other pr programs .
Thats what one day one of the agent told me over the phone

Reactions: Abtols

canada619

Star Member
May 31, 2019
Oh really ,
I think case processing center and staff for protected persons / conventional refugee are different feom other pr programs .
Thats what one day one of the agent told me over the phone
It may be. But what is the logic behind processing applications that received after mine? People got their PR cards in 12-14 months. Its been 17 months since I applied, they did not send me a single message since they started processing my application while my friend who applied 6 months later than me got eligibility pass letter.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
Please if I may ask how did you get them on the phone because I have been calling them for long time and the computer doesn't even let me talk to any agent. I applied January 2020 and I only got the AOR, Medical, Fingerprints nothing else.
I tried to call them as well.. but they didn't let me talk to an agent. Recording said that Afghanistan is priority. I am feb 2020 and everything is passed as well just waiting for decision.

mhud_83

Star Member
Jan 31, 2021
I tried to call them as well.. but they didn't let me talk to an agent. Recording said that Afghanistan is priority. I am feb 2020 and everything is passed as well just waiting for decision.
What is your status on ECAS? I am also Feb 2020.

hassan905

May 7, 2014
Visa Office......
LVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July 2014
Nomination.....
25th Nov 2014(PER)
Med's Request
5th Feb 2015
Med's Done....
18th Feb 2015
Interview........
Waived alhamdullilah
Passport Req..
6th March 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah soon
Does IRCC accept digitaly signed signatures from demand overseas ? or do they have to print , sign and scan back .. then print and submit with application ?

MOHAMMEDN

Star Member
Sep 6, 2021
Mississauga
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-06-2021
July 2020 Applicant as Protected Person.
Received medical exemption email, FBI clearance has been submitted in August 2021. Nothing so far.

Saba321

Jan 26, 2018
What is your status on ECAS? I am also Feb 2020.
Nothing.. just they received my medical..
When i spoke to an agent about monnth before, he told everything has been passed, but they didn't update profile online.
Rightnow they asked for my husband's passport copy, which we sent about week before. Nothing happened, everything is soo quiet, my friend they got their Pr including pr cards in 18 months