+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Faghafar

Feb 19, 2020
Hi all,

I submitted my wife picture on one account on eportal 3 weeks ago, I received my Ecopr last week but still waiting for my wife. Is it normal?
My second question is how long does it take to receive Pr card after receiving Ecopr?

Thanks

Sunny.mjd

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
I called IRCC he said everything on my application is completed just waiting for officer to finalize it. (Dec 2018 applicant)
For my spouse he said his medical passed, criminality is in progress, remaining nothing has started yet. I had sent his application in January 2020 but resent it in September 2020 and they started processing it in Nov 2020.

The agent said he doesn't know how much time it's going to take to complete processing but they have started finalizing more applications now.

mikeYYC

Star Member
Mar 22, 2021
Calgary
Category........
Other
I called IRCC he said everything on my application is completed just waiting for officer to finalize it. (Dec 2018 applicant)
For my spouse he said his medical passed, criminality is in progress, remaining nothing has started yet. I had sent his application in January 2020 but resent it in September 2020 and they started processing it in Nov 2020.

The agent said he doesn't know how much time it's going to take to complete processing but they have started finalizing more applications now.
December 2018? omg

• Angry
Reactions: imadeddin

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
Oh well yes. Coz since pandemic started there was no update on my spouse application and they requested to have that sent again for processing.

Hope it gets finalised soon, but they just started processing criminality.
Is your spouse inside Canada?

Sakr77

Oct 6, 2020
can you guide me on how to add my new spouse to my PR application? I applied in Sep 2020 and got married in June 2021. Should I mail the updated IMM008 only? Or should I include my spouse complete application as well. Note that my spouse is in Canada with me.

Last edited:

Sunny.mjd

Star Member
Jul 12, 2021
can you guide me on how to add my new spouse to my PR application? I applied in Sep 2020 and got married in June 2021. Should I mail the updated IMM008 only? Or should I include my spouse complete application as well. Note that my spouse is in Canada with me.
I had representative. There were many forms that I submitted, his background declaration, employment history travel history, then sponsorship forms, exact timeline of relationship proof of wedding. It's supposed to b a complete application.

If you don't want to hire a representative, I would suggest contacting a community centre as they help in filling forms too but do it at the earliest else ur application will get delayed further.

What's ur spouse status in canada