+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
I have a question regarding my overseas dependents?
Does IRCC ask police certificate from everyone or some people ?

Please share your experience

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
For those of you who want to know how long it takes Etobicoke IRCC office to process PR Card please see my timeline below:
Mailed Copr letter and 1 passport photo to them on January 28, 2021
They received my mail on February 9, 2021
I got my PR Card in my mail today June 24, 2021
Good luck to everybody still waiting in all the stages of this immigration journey.
Did you received any email or any updates on your account? Or direct received PR card on mail box?

NaAzaAn

May 26, 2021
For those of you who want to know how long it takes Etobicoke IRCC office to process PR Card please see my timeline below:
Mailed Copr letter and 1 passport photo to them on January 28, 2021
They received my mail on February 9, 2021
I got my PR Card in my mail today June 24, 2021
Good luck to everybody still waiting in all the stages of this immigration journey.
Did you receive home country passport with your PR card?

a00900

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
Hi guys. I really hope someone can help me with this.

I have been trying to get my PCC from Kuwait by following all the guidelines provided by Kuwaiti Embassy in Canada.
After having sent all the required documents to Kuwait for someone to apply for me on my behalf, the certificate was still not issued.

Now the embassy has provided me an official letter stating that I've taken all the necessary steps to obtain the PCC but due to my circumstances, it was not possible to get the PCC (Since I've never had a fingerprint taken in Kuwait as part of my residency renewal 8 years ago). It's a requirement for someone to have had their fingerprints taken in Kuwait itself for past couple of years now.

So my question is, will this official letter that has the Embassy's seal which confirms that I can't possibly be able to get a PCC from Kuwait be acceptable for IRCC to overlook the PCC from Kuwait? They requested one from another country and I've already provided that.

Last edited:

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Did you receive home country passport with your PR card?
No,
But i wrote to IRCC requesting my country passport and they gave me a fax number in Winnipeg and ask me to write a letter requesting my passport and make sure i tell them i am now a PR that is why i am requesting my home country passport back and fax the letter to the number they gave me. But i have not written the letter and fax it.

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Did you received any email or any updates on your account? Or direct received PR card on mail box?
I went to the post office to check my open and check my post office box because i check my box twice a week and i saw an envelope with canada sign, i actually thought it was a mail from Canada Revenue Service but when i open it i saw a letter and my PR card glue to the letter.

Supz777

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Yes, you will receive an email saying your PR card is ready and on its way a week to three weeks to the day you will get it in your house address or post office box

Rahim khan

Mar 10, 2019
london
Category........
VISIT
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
It’s almost 1 mount that I send my photos and address to get my COPR but not herring anything I mean not received login account . Montreal office .

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
It’s almost 1 mount that I send my photos and address to get my COPR but not herring anything I mean not received login account . Montreal office .
Are you sure ? check your email properly usually it comes next day or after couple days and it is time sensitive I believe the password is valid for 7 days and you have to submit your photos within 14 days. try calling IRCC

mimika

Jan 12, 2021
How long does it usually take to get login info for ePortal after I confirmed my email address and list dependants?

Yessam07

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
Hi guys. I really hope someone can help me with this.

I have been trying to get my PCC from Kuwait by following all the guidelines provided by Kuwaiti Embassy in Canada.
After having sent all the required documents to Kuwait for someone to apply for me on my behalf, the certificate was still not issued.

Now the embassy has provided me an official letter stating that I've taken all the necessary steps to obtain the PCC but due to my circumstances, it was not possible to get the PCC (Since I've never had a fingerprint taken in Kuwait as part of my residency renewal 8 years ago). It's a requirement for someone to have had their fingerprints taken in Kuwait itself for past couple of years now.

So my question is, will this official letter that has the Embassy's seal which confirms that I can't possibly be able to get a PCC from Kuwait be acceptable for IRCC to overlook the PCC from Kuwait? They requested one from another country and I've already provided that.
Hello @a00900, That's what you have to submit. I was asked to submit FBI certificate, but I never lived in USA for more than 6 months. In fact, I spent only two weeks in USA visiting back in 2017 and I left and went back home. I wrote a letter to IRCC explaining the situation, and my explanations were accepted. In your case, I think the letter from Kuwait embassy is enough!

Reactions: a00900