+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Time line for Permanent Residence application for Refugees

Aasia

May 10, 2020
can anyone guide me how to get Personal access code while generating GC key? or guide me step by step procedure to check PR application status via GC key

"CPP/OAS personal access code (required)"

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
I mean idk if they got my application I have no clue if they received it, I heard that they sent email or letter that they received the application and link to see my application online . The question is when do they send it?
Once again 6 to one year to send you AOR due to COVID 19 but normally it's taking 3 months but I received AOR after 4 months

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
Guys, there is something that I think I observed. I've been on this website extensively the last couple of months, reading thousands of posts ( Lockdown helped in that ) and I observed that the COPR validity shows if you gonna receive the card really fast ( new system ) or really slow ( old system).

When my mother received her COPR on 11th of January 2021, the document validity was ONE MONTH. It was mentioned on the document that the expiry date is 12th of February. She got her card on 1st of February. I noticed that some other COPRs are valid for ONE YEAR. I think that when you have a validity of one year they don't send you the card as fast. We have @Yuki.03 @Armaani who received their cards as fast as my mother ( 10 days - 3 weeks ) while @Jalalcananda and @Kaisa_18 has been waiting 3-6 months and the reason I guess why is that their COPR is valid for one year I guess.
@Jalalcananda and @Kaisa_18 can you please confirm your COPR validity? I bet it's a year for sure, right?
The reason I'm mentioning this is that I guess that your COPR validity will control how fast you will receive the card.
For sure the COPR can't expire while you haven't received card.

Just for your information, my mother and@Yuki.03 got their COPR and Card via Portal, while @Armaani sent the pic via mail. All of them got it in a matter of days. Portal or Mail doesn't say anything, it's the COPR validity :cool:
my copr is valid for 10 months

Reactions: Fadros

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
Hello everyone, I received a letter from ircc today in my mail
( Not Email ) , which says
" It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply PR.......... "

Please let me know what this letter means and what will be the next remaining process and approximately how long it's gonna take from now to complete the process,, Please note that Date on the letter is 16 December 2020 , and there is no Update on my cic account since September 27th 2020 when they asked for RCMP clearance letter which I submitted next day.
Thank you very much

Reactions: McAwad and saidur

saidur

Dec 14, 2019
Hello everyone, I received a letter from ircc today in my mail ( Not Email ) , which says
" It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply PR.......... "

Please let me know wwhat this letter means and what will be the next remaining process and approximately how long is gonna take fron now to complete the process,, Please note that Date on the letter is 16 December 2020 , and there is no Update on my cic account.
Thank you very much
Congratulations! This called AIP ( Approval in Principle) after DM/COPR

musabalta

Jan 14, 2019
I really think this is not the response rate of Ontario or Quebec offices :D I bet he lives in a less populated province hence the amazing timeline, or maybe his case officer is someone excelling in their job. @musabalta please confirm that:)
yes, you are right, we are living in a small city (Windsor, ON) and our officer was so kind :)

Reactions: Fadros

Spogmey

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
Hello everyone, I received a letter from ircc today in my mail
( Not Email ) , which says

Please let me know what this letter means and what will be the next remaining process and approximately how long it's gonna take from now to complete the process,, Please note that Date on the letter is 16 December 2020 , and there is no Update on my cic account since September 27th 2020 when they asked for RCMP clearance letter which I submitted next day.
Thank you very much
AIP and 2 to 6 months more to complete the application so now they started your security screening and they may ask for resume/ travel history but it's depend on your profile.Good luck soon you will get good news

Calgary21

Star Member
Jul 4, 2014
Calgary
AIP and 2 to 6 months more to complete the application so now they started your security screening and they may ask for resume/ travel history but it's depend on your profile.Good luck soon you will get good news
Thanks for prompt response, They asked for RCMP letter on 27 September 2020

Reactions: Spogmey

Fadros

Dec 4, 2020
i think he meant February 5 2021 for the approval letter. Cause he got AOR on August 29, 2019.
yeah I knew he meant 2021. He's end of August 2019 applicant and he got DM/COPR in 5 days and relatively early. still miraculous :D

Also I find this COPR validity thing very strange tbh, why they vary in validity for different people? there are some things we will never know lol.

Lexylalas

Feb 9, 2021
My situation is exactly the same. March 2019 applicant.
Was asked for the biometric fee for my spouse abroad in oct 2019 and after that nothing uptill now. My time bar today is 71%. And estimated time is 6 months.
Hi, I am in same position too, how can I check my time bar?

Khan5696

Jan 4, 2016
Finally I was able to talk to an IRCC agent today. It's like nobody is working on my case. I send them a police certificate since end of February 2020 as requested. They received it since the same week they start my criminality check. It's been a year. Since then NOTHING,there is absolutely no update for my case.Criminality in process security,eligibility,medical not start.
Is there anything I can do? Is it normal? I apply since may 2019.
Same here - I only have medical update and IRCC agent told me your security is in process he also requested birth certificate of overseas kids over the phone but no update on my account no email-no post it is very stressful

Lexylalas

Feb 9, 2021
Same here - I only have medical update and IRCC agent told me your security is in process he also requested birth certificate of overseas kids over the phone but no update on my account no email-no post it is very stressful
I have my medical passed, biometrics passed but says they are processing my background check